Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    This is actually an amazingly unexpected move by marvel.
    I find the move to relaunch the book with the same writer refreshingly fetch, and determined.
    Hopefully, it finds the same kind of success Carol got with the most recent Captain Marvel relaunch. Interesting times to be a comics fan. *cheers*
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I do understand why this retcon bothers people. I do. But if no one at all saw it, it would be one thing. A lot of us saw Iceman as closeted. It wasn't random. Kurt coming out would feel random. Beast, Colossus, pretty much everyone else. Iceman, just no.

Anecdotally my former house was married to a man for years. She didn't know she was gay. In her words she married the best man she ever met and just couldn't make it work because of her sexuality. Total denial. She's was in her early 30s when she came out. Some people find it harder because they want the conventional life. That was actually one of my issues with Sina Grace's run. I thought Bobby being closeted at this point in life was on him, not on his folks. I thought the blame was too much shifted on the parents when I thought it was about Bobby himself not them.
    Except we have seen Bobby’s unfiltered thoughts for decade. Thoughts proving his genuine attraction to the opposite sex. And like I said, it’s disrespectful to the creators who didn’t intend this. I feel the same way about racebending in reboots and adaptions. You’re disregarding the work of the artist in the creation of the character when you do that. There are legitimate evolutions of characters, but they all respect the character’s past portrayal and the intention of the creators.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    There are legitimate evolutions of characters, but they all respect the character’s past portrayal and the intention of the creators.
    So now you agree Kitty is bisexual? Finally!

Why do people insist on keeping the homophobia and racism that informed how iconic or popular characters got created intact?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This is demonstrably false. It shipped around 900. No guarantee how many people actually bought from that number, which is quite low for graphic novels.

I see what you did there.

Except we have seen Bobby’s unfiltered thoughts for decade. Thoughts proving his genuine attraction to the opposite sex. And like I said, it’s disrespectful to the creators who didn’t intend this. I feel the same way about racebending in reboots and adaptions. You’re disregarding the work of the artist in the creation of the character when you do that. There are legitimate evolutions of characters, but they all respect the character’s past portrayal and the intention of the creators.
    Stan Lee's okay with it.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertai...man-really-gay

Just have to agree to disagree. I just meant if someone is trying to actively convince themselves of something the monologues your talking about aren't actually disregarded.

BANNED

Iceman gets a second series and Storm does not. I think that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Why do people insist on keeping the homophobia and racism that informed how iconic or popular characters got created intact?
    Because that’s nonsensical. Why are you calling Stan Lee and Jack Kirby racists and homophobes?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Iceman gets a second series and Storm does not. I think that says it all.
    Storm's in the works isn't she?

Stan Lee's okay with it.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertai...man-really-gay

Just have to agree to disagree. I just meant if someone is trying to actively convince themselves of something the monologues your talking about aren't actually disregarded.
    Stan is 95 and is going to say he supports everything Marvel does. He doesn’t care anymore. Remember when he said he loved Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    So now you agree Kitty is bisexual? Finally!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Storm's in the works isn't she?
    Just an assumption so far..no dates or timeframe.

Because that’s nonsensical. Why are you calling Stan Lee and Jack Kirby racists and homophobes?
    The work they did was constrained by racism and homophobia, obviously.

I would be amazed if this made it to 10 issues even. Marvel didn't even give the original run a full 12 issues.

Remember Midnighter, which seemed to be more critically acclaimed (and I think sold better?), got cancelled at 12 issues and then DC brought it back as Midnighter and Apollo for only 6 issues. They brought them in to the Batverse and DC Universe at large and then limbo'd them immediately after.

Still I'm happy for more.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member

Happy to have it back, really enjoyed the run
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Default What do you want to see in Iceman vol 2?

It was that after only a few months Sina Grace's Iceman previously cancelled on-going was being brought back for another volume.

https://www.cbr.com/iceman-sina-grace-ongoing-series/

Will this run survive past the original volumes 11 issues? Who knows. But what do you want to see happen that didn't in the first volume?

Here's Some of mine:

1) More Northstar, Cannonball, Beast.
    2) Team Up Issue with Spider-Man & Firestar
    3) Confrontations with Jean Grey and Emma Frost
    4) Queer Mutant Night Out with Northstar, Dazzler, Anole, Pixie, etc. (with cameos from Wiccan and Hulking)
    5) Team Up with Rogue over something with Mystique
    6) Team Up with Human Torch over something with Daken
    7) Turning the original Pyro into an arch nemesis (I don't know where to start with new Pyro lol)
    Last edited by NewMutant; 06-13-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/