Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I imagine they high school years will last for a few more years at least, maybe a ten year anniversary graduation thing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But it does make me curious how much longer Marvel might string out Miles' high school years.
    It's hard to say. Because once you get past the high school stage you still end up in this weird limbo where the writers still want to keep you young and treat you like a teenager, aka "Kitty Pryde Syndrome."

You pretty much see it now with Amadeus Cho, Spider-Gwen, and some of the former Young Avengers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's hard to say. Because once you get past the high school stage you still end up in this weird limbo where the writers still want to keep you young and treat you like a teenager, aka "Kitty Pryde Syndrome."

You pretty much see it now with Amadeus Cho, Spider-Gwen, and some of the former Young Avengers.
    I even read in interview with Ghost Spider's current writer where they said Gwen's niche is as the "college-aged Spider," so if Miles graduates from high school, where does that leave Gwen ?

Spy/agent.

The James Bond of spider-people.

That's all I got right now.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Yeah, prior to Silk (who's roughly 28 years old) joining the reinforcement roster, Amadeus was the oldest Champion - by at least two years. The rest of the team is 15-17. He's 19. He's actually older than the youngest Young Avenger (Cassie Lang, who's 16). Amadeus was also the first Champion to debut, in 2005's Amazing Fantasy #15. Everyone else debuted in the current decade.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-11-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Spy/agent.

I think an interesting concept to have with this would be a duel secret identity, one being Spider-Man and the other being the identity he uses for spy work.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I think an interesting concept to have with this would be a duel secret identity, one being Spider-Man and the other being the identity he uses for spy work.
    And it leads to Old Man Morales: Director of Shield

It would be like that saying about people having three faces. The face you show the world (Miles); the face you show your friends and family (Spider-Man); and the face you only show yourself (whatever he would call the spy alias). The spy alias could almost function as a different character entirely and would allow for some really cool analysis of the differences, similarities, and overlaps between the three personas. And also just because I really love it and want to see it become a regular thing somewhere in the comics have the costume for the spy alias resemble his Shadow Spider suit from Champions.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 02-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Ideally having younger characters like Miles is supposed to be incentive to allow Marvel to be more willing to allow changes with Peter.
    True, but that hasn't really happened so far (with the exception of Parker Industries, but that didn't last long).
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

My pitch would be Peter and Miles training the next generation of Spider-Man. I don't see any reason to stop with Miles. Continue the generation!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Spy/agent.

Yep. Definitely.