Page 654 of 719 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jesus Christ no. It looks exactly as I pictured it would: corny, gaudy, and just...��
    Well, it is better than an all-black costume.

Seems like no costume will make all of Jean Fandom happy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Actually, an all-black costume would be better. Her red hair would pop and her character would carry the rest.

Actually, an all-black costume would be better. Her red hair would pop and her character would carry the rest.
    I like bright colors for Jean, especially her iconic and classic green and yellow or gold.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I like bright colors for Jean, especially her iconic and classic green and yellow or gold.
    Yeah, we definitely differ there. My favorite looks are the Portacio (X-Factor), Kubert (Age of Apocalypse), Quietly (New X-Men), and Asrar (X-Men: Red) designs, which all consist of darker palettes. I do love the original Phoenix costume, though. Bright green and gold/yellow are hard to pull off without looking gaudy, though I do like them as accents, with black being the central color.

Aside from the Phoenix costume, the only other prominently green official costumes I’ve liked somewhat are Dauterman’s Gala design, though even that is a little too busy for my tastes, and his retweak of Asrar’s design. However, my favorite prominently green design for her is Luciano Vecchio’s uniform, which I’ve posted several times before. The design and overall silhouette are incredibly fresh, while his choice of green is perfect. I would love to see her in something like this.

Yeah, we definitely differ there. My favorite looks are the Portacio (X-Factor), Kubert (Age of Apocalypse), Quietly (New X-Men), and Asrar (X-Men: Red) designs, which all consist of darker palettes. I do love the original Phoenix costume, though. Bright green and gold/yellow are hard to pull off without looking gaudy, though I do like them as accents, with black being the central color.

Aside from the Phoenix costume, the only other prominently green official costumes I’ve liked somewhat are Dauterman’s Gala design, though even that is a little too busy for my tastes, and his retweak of Asrar’s design. However, my favorite prominently green design for her is Luciano Vecchio’s uniform, which I’ve posted several times before. The design and overall silhouette are incredibly fresh, while his choice of green is perfect. I would love to see her in something like this.

I also do not usually like overly-complicated designs in general and specifically because the artist never keeps up with them and the look worsens!

Dauterman's Gala outfit could easily be re-tweaked to make into a costume, leaving out ornate details and adding more prudent things like a boot vs heels, etc. That green I liked, even if darker than Jean's usual green.

The look above is too much like Jean's red/blue costume which I "hated it", lol! I also do not like the green. To me that is more of a Lorna green.

I also do not usually like overly-complicated designs in general and specifically because the artist never keeps up with them and the look worsens!
    This is so true.

Dauterman's Gala outfit could easily be re-tweaked to make into a costume, leaving out ornate details and adding more prudent things like a boot vs heels, etc. That green I liked, even if darker than Jean's usual green.
    I agree. I would remove the headpiece, the gold pieces on her hands and footwear, and the skirt-cape. I love the silhouette of the design, though, which is totally inspired by Portacio’s X-Factor uniform. I would probably turn the dark green to black but keep the breast plate/torso as is, i.e., light green. I suppose it would look somewhat similar to her Evolution look.

The look above is too much like Jean's red/blue costume which I "hated it", lol! I also do not like the green. To me that is more of a Lorna green.
    The problem with Asrar’s design is that the shoulder armor and boots are too bulky. Vecchio streamlines it both quite nicely.

When I look at Vecchio’s design, I see hints of the green dress, Phoenix costume, and X-Men: Red uniforms, which is what I like about it. I love that it’s a somewhat adorned costume but still manages to be simple, classic, and modern. It also has a subtle “warrior woman” vibe to it.

This is so true.

I agree. I would remove the headpiece, the gold pieces on her hands and footwear, and the skirt-cape. I love the silhouette of the design, though, which is totally inspired by Portacio’s X-Factor uniform. I would probably turn the dark green to black but keep the breast plate/torso as is, i.e., light green. I suppose it would look somewhat similar to her Evolution look.

The problem with Asrar’s design is that the shoulder armor and boots are too bulky. Vecchio streamlines it both quite nicely.

When I look at Vecchio’s design, I see hints of the green dress, Phoenix costume, and X-Men: Red uniforms, which is what I like about it. I love that it’s a somewhat adorned costume but still manages to be simple, classic, and modern. It also has a subtle “warrior woman” vibe to it.
    I like the idea of Jean becoming more of a warrior.

I also do not mind a "head-wrap", going up the sides and over the forehead, as Jean's forehead looks naked in that above pic.

I do not like the hip plates and want that smoother and more contoured to Jean's frame. Make the green a little lighter or darker and then this design could work (for me), lol.

I still prefer my Phoenix non Phoenix costume. Gold and green with black forever!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also like my MArvel Woman costume

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I still prefer my Phoenix non Phoenix costume. Gold and green with black forever!
    Clean simple beautiful. No crappy head condom or bake pan shoulder pads thank the lord

This is good too without the mask

I’m also a fan of this one, tho maybe just a tad streamlined….

I like the idea of Jean becoming more of a warrior.
    I think all of her fans would like this, lol.

I also do not mind a "head-wrap", going up the sides and over the forehead, as Jean's forehead looks naked in that above pic.
    I'm so over the headgear period, be it a mask or headwrap. I like her forehead "naked" (lol), like it is when she wears the Phoenix or New X-Men costumes.

II do not like the hip plates and want that smoother and more contoured to Jean's frame. Make the green a little lighter or darker and then this design could work (for me), lol.
    I love the bottom-half of Vecchio's design because it isn't bulky. However, I can also envision the costume without the plates or mid-skirt, and the area of the torso surrounding the delineation that includes the "x" being colored black. That would look great.

Did you draw these yourself from scratch? They're beautiful illustrations. The first one reminds me of Lucas Werneck's design for her (below). The second one would've been a great costume for this era, though I do want to see her in something completely new.

BANNED

I don't think this is true. The vast majority of people loved her X-Men Blue look.

I'm so over the headgear period, be it a mask or headwrap. I like her forehead "naked" (lol), like it is when she wears the Phoenix or New X-Men costumes.

I love the bottom-half of Vecchio's design because it isn't bulky. However, I can also envision the costume without the plates or mid-skirt, and the area of the torso surrounding the delineation that includes the "x" being colored black. That would look great.

Lol.

I do like this last pic . Was this designed for a book?