Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Someone did some art on Gwen's Noir disguise during Ghost Spider 4. Looks good

Still, she's not gonna be stealthy or blend in with those colors...
    White Widow

Someone did some art on Gwen's Noir disguise during Ghost Spider 4. Looks good

Still, she's not gonna be stealthy or blend in with those colors...
    Now I'm imagining a friendship between Lady Spider and Lady Gwen with lots of subtext .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm imagining a friendship between Lady Spider and Lady Gwen with lots of subtext .
    I think Mary Jane making a Taylor Swift 'pick me!' song is subtext enough, yeah? That and the previews we've gotten lead me to believe dating Harry really isn't gonna work out. Thankfully.

Preview #7:
    https://aux.avclub.com/spider-gwen-s...-pr-1833668773

spoilers:
    Poor Gwen. Is she starting to regret going home to 65? She wouldn't have this problem on 616. At the very least, she might be wise to consider a universe hop for her next date.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview #7:
    https://aux.avclub.com/spider-gwen-s...-pr-1833668773

spoilers:
    Poor Gwen. Is she starting to regret going home to 65? She wouldn't have this problem on 616. At the very least, she might be wise to consider a universe hop for her next date.
    end of spoilers

Welp, looks like there's definitely an economic gap. People on the streets and the average working joes like her, but the rich and powerful are not so fond of Gwen. It's actually pretty sad to see her honestly look ashamed and break down from everything knowing how people see her despite everything she's done and sacrificed for them. Being Spider-Gwen is suffering.

...On a more off-topic note, I have to say it: Gwen, get some different shoes! I know those damn teal flats are iconic but those colors do not mesh well with your dress! God!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Welp, looks like there's definitely an economic gap. People on the streets and the average working joes like her, but the rich and powerful are not so fond of Gwen. It's actually pretty sad to see her honestly look ashamed and break down from everything knowing how people see her despite everything she's done and sacrificed for them. Being Spider-Gwen is suffering.

...On a more off-topic note, I have to say it: Gwen, get some different shoes! I know those damn teal flats are iconic but those colors do not mesh well with your dress! God!
    Indeed. The price of heroism, unfortunately.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Lego Spider-Man movie with Ghost Spider coming out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDax7P...fzq-_KCTClUmng

Lego Spider-Man movie with Ghost Spider coming out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDax7P...fzq-_KCTClUmng
    Guess they couldn't get Dove Cameron back even though they're using Marvel Rising Gwen's civilian design so they just used Laura Bailey.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess they couldn't get Dove Cameron back even though they're using Marvel Rising Gwen's civilian design so they just used Laura Bailey.
    I think they're using all the VA's for the latest Spidey cartoon, so I doubt it's because they couldn't get Dove Cameron back. That and the design is far more distinct so that's another reason to use it. Gwen's had pink hair in Rising and the Marvel Action series so it's likely they're going to make it a staple. Ten bucks says Comics Gwen will adopt the pink hair at some point.

The adaptations basically merged the two Gwens. The pink hair was originally Gwenpool's.

Though, they are half way there by having comics Spider-Gwen grow her hair out (which happened suddenly due to an artist change) to be more like 616 Gwen's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The adaptations basically merged the two Gwens. The pink hair was originally Gwenpool's.

Though, they are half way there by having comics Spider-Gwen grow her hair out (which happened suddenly due to an artist change) to be more like 616 Gwen's.
    Could just argue there was a time-skip between Spider-Gwen #34 by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez/Rico Renzi and Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider #1 by Seanan McGuire, enough to let Gwen grow out her hair some.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

True. There was a full year timeskip (when she was in jail) in the penultimate issue of Latour's run, so it's probably actually then.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Despite what the previews indicate, this is not a heavy or depressing chapter. Literally the page after Gwen leaves those snooty assholes she gets a ping from her Hero For Hire app (apparently her first after a week of silence) where a scientist hires her to swing through the air with a container to get high altitude air particles for 200 dollars, which is pretty clearly a shout-out to Spidey PS4's Harry missions. After that she gets pinged throughout the week, getting jobs from everything: rescuing cats from trees, posing for selfies and, of course, requests from horny high school boys to bring her as a date for a formal dance.

After that it's business as usual. The band gets a gig (the trap for next issue) and Gwen talks to Harry about it who asks her about her constant headaches. The end part is more action-y: Gwen gets a ping on the site that there's been a MASSIVE multi-car pile up that's about to explode and they need her help. Best part? The one who calls her for help is a cop, and the guy even scratches his head and goes 'Captain Stacy's gonna kill us' when Gwen swings into the rescue.

Gwen manages to rescue everyone still left alive, and very professionally so, and after that we finally get what looks like an olive branch when the cop offers to discuss payment options and Gwen refuses on the grounds that she refuses to charge for essential hero work. It's small, but I get the feeling that this is the beginning of Gwen finally getting a better rep now that she's proven to a police officer that she is legitimate and not money grubbing or fame hungry.

Anyway, the chapter ends with Gwen musing that she needs help with the symbiote and she only has one person to turn to: Dr. Elsa Brock, it's creator. While I get what they're going for, it's really dumb that Gwen mentions Reed and then suddenly dismisses him cause 'he's in sixth grade'. Um, Gwen, that sixth grader made you a dimensional portal out of legos! I think he can help with a symbiote!

But yeah, all in all this issue was actually pretty lighthearted and not at all heavy or depressing like the preview would lead you to believe. The summary's also wrong - it indicated that Gwen's date with Harry would be mucked up due to her HFH work but Gwen never suffers from being overbooked and the date is messed up because of another reason entirely i.e those snobs. Speaking of Harry, I'm liking him a bit more, due to exposure if nothing else, but his dialogue with Gwen at the diner (where she doesn't get snubbed, as expected) makes me worry that he might have entitlement issues like 65-Peter before him.

His comment on having 'dibs' on Gwen just kinda rubs one the wrong way. Hopefully I'm wrong cause I'm actually starting to kinda to kinda like/not hate the guy.
    end of spoilers

why is gwen hated in this world?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why is gwen hated in this world?
    Because Marvel thinks people look at the heroes who selflessly save them and think 'that *******!'. In the context of Gwen's world, she was pinned for murdering Peter Parker (cause apparently they have the memory of goldfish and forgot about the GIANT RAMPAGING LIZARD). After a lot of shenanigans she went to prison and now she's a free hero...but of course some people still need someone to hate.