Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Gotta think the movie is likely a good 4-5 years away, so people need to be thinking ages.

People who are already in their early 30s wont be able to play Johnny when they're pushing 40, and to avoid awkwardness (and conform to Hollywood rules about female leads), Reed is unlikely to be played by someone in their 50s when Sue will will be late 20s/early 30s max.

Dont think about who would be perfect NOW - think who will be perfect by then. Sadly, a lot of great choices in this thread are going to have missed the boat because of age.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    **** yeah, I've been waiting so long to do this.

1) Reed Richards/Jon Hamm: He's got the acting chops, the looks and even the... uh, "third leg"... What? Reed's canonically a Sex-Monster, it should be portrayed...

2) Sue Storm/Charlize Theron: Elegant, commanding, great actress and beautiful. This should be Classic Sue, but I'm in favor of giving her an Ultimate-esque background of being a biologist or something related.

3) Johnny Storm/Scott Eastwood: Handsome, big family name, good enough acting chops and the guy could use a jumpstart.

4) Ben Grim/Jeffrey Dean Morgan: Come on, don't tell me you never thought of this?

+

Victor Von Doom/Toby Stephens: Dunno if people have seen Black Sails, but while the whole cast is stellar, Stephens just... shines. He's a stage actor (only did Black Sails after seeing Six Feet Under) so he can bring the theatrical element Doom needs. Plus, his mother's Dame Maggie Smith, so there's your Cynthia in case they do a Doom solo.

On the off-chance they try and do the Ultimate F4, I'd go with:

1) Reed Richards: Matt Smith
    2) Sue Storm: Ana De Armas
    3) Johnny Storm: Ansel Egort
    4) Ben Grimm: Sam Worthington
    +
    Victor Van Damme: Leonardo DiCaprio
    Real solid casting, but I'd definitely want someone around Tom Holland's age to play Johnny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    Real solid casting,

but I'd definitely want someone around Tom Holland's age to play Johnny.
    Hmm, yeah, that's valid. Maybe... Dacre Montgomery?

Let's give 'em Billy. MILFs LOVE Billy.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Real solid casting, but I'd definitely want someone around Tom Holland's age to play Johnny.
    KJ Apa, the kid playing Archie
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Reed Richards- Tom Cavanagh
    Sue Storm- Taylor Schilling
    Ben Grimm- David Harbour.
    Johhny Storm- Asa Butterfield. I think Johnny should be around the same age as Peter Parker like he is in the comics.

Doctor Doom- Oscar Isaac
    Galactus- John DiMaggio (voice). DiMaggio has voiced Galactus before, and I my opinion, he did a good job.
    Silver Surfer- Zachary Quinto
    Puppet Master- John Malkovich
    Kang the Conqueror- Mark Strong
    Last edited by KC; 12-16-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Bill Skarsgard as Annihilius. Then we can see the phantom zone!

I would love Anthony warlow as doom

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Give me

Reed: Mat Smith - 1) he's already said that he'd love to be part of the MCU 2) if you want to put Reed Richards in a context that your everyday 14 year old can get behind, you just say "he's like Rick, but he stretches and stuff." Rick is in large part based off the Doctor (and Reed I'm sure), and Smith is one of the most beloved modern Doctors. You also kind of want to do attractive but not Ken doll-y. Basically you want tumblr bait. Plus, he's a great actor

Sue: Jessica Chastain - Now this is leading lady material right here. She knows how to draw a room to her without resorting to the tired old tricks. Her presence will end up being more overtly commanding than anyone else save maybe Frank and Ben post-accident.

Johnny: Joe Keery - It's perfect casting. He's got that whole arrogant and shortsighted but has a heart of gold thing going on. His role in Stranger Things has most of everyone keeping him on their radar.

Ben: Kristofer Hivju - No idea if the homie can pull off the accent or not, but I've got faith. He's got a great sense of humor, and I've got a pretty good feeling that he'd be able to capture Ben's melancholy disposition.

Future Franklin: Garrett Hedlund - Frank has to be the culmination of the very best parts of his parents and his uncles. Hedlund has the look of someone who has a cross between Johnny's whimsy and Reed's macro scale thinking.

Future Val: Taylor Schilling - I almost picked her for Sue, but I honestly think her talents work better as Val. She's the kid that has a little Victor in her, and Schillinig pays that sort of shiftiness very well.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Reed Richards - Brad Cooper (42)

Ben Grimm - David Harbour (42)

Susan Storm - Allison Williams (29)

Johnny Storm - Dylan O’Brien (26)

Victor von Doom - Rodrigo Santoro (42)

Bentley Wittman - Naveen Andrews (48)

Pete Petruski - Chris Bauer (51)

Mad Thinker - Kristofer Hivju (39)

Alyssa Moy - Carla Gugino (46) or Eva Green (37)

Wyatt Wingfoot - Martin Sensmeier (32)
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-18-2017 at 04:07 PM.

I hope an MCU FF film has a kickass original soundtrack.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Gotta think the movie is likely a good 4-5 years away, so people need to be thinking ages.

People who are already in their early 30s wont be able to play Johnny when they're pushing 40, and to avoid awkwardness (and conform to Hollywood rules about female leads), Reed is unlikely to be played by someone in their 50s when Sue will will be late 20s/early 30s max.

Dont think about who would be perfect NOW - think who will be perfect by then. Sadly, a lot of great choices in this thread are going to have missed the boat because of age.
    This is true. People should be looking at CW and Netflix shows when thinking about the FF.

Spectacular Member

The Fantastic Four:

Oscar Isaac as Reed Richards
    Taylor Schilling as Susan Storm
    Connor Jessup as Johnny Storm
    Ron Perlman as Ben Grimm

(Directed by Matthew Vaughn)
    Okay you're hired to do the casting !!!!! Spot on.

They should use a similar process with Colossus in Deadpool for the Thing.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    **** yeah, I've been waiting so long to do this.

1) Reed Richards/Jon Hamm: He's got the acting chops, the looks and even the... uh, "third leg"... What? Reed's canonically a Sex-Monster, it should be portrayed...

2) Sue Storm/Charlize Theron: Elegant, commanding, great actress and beautiful. This should be Classic Sue, but I'm in favor of giving her an Ultimate-esque background of being a biologist or something related.

3) Johnny Storm/Scott Eastwood: Handsome, big family name, good enough acting chops and the guy could use a jumpstart.

4) Ben Grim/Jeffrey Dean Morgan: Come on, don't tell me you never thought of this?
    I would watch. Although I'm wondering if Morgan shouldn't play Doom instead?
    Last edited by Da Boat; 12-18-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

Reed Richards/Jon Hamm
    Sue Storm/Elizabeth Banks
    Johnny Storm Dacre Montgomery
    Ben Grimm/Jeffrey Dean Morgan

All-New Member

I like a lot of the suggestions made so far. My personal picks would be...

Johnny Storm - Dacre Montgomery. He has the look and can definitely play cocky.

Sue Storm - Taylor Schilling. She makes an unlikable character sympathetic on Orange is the New Black. What could she do with a character that people are actually supposed to like?

Reed Richards - Matt Smith. He was a fantastic Doctor Who, and can bring a sense of fun to a character who often (wrongly) comes across as stodgy or boring.

Ben Grimm - Joe Dempsie. Although he's younger than Matt Smith, he has a tough-guy look and can play as older. I think he can hit the right notes of angst and anger while remaining likable (and a bit of a wiseacre) as Ben Grimm.