Page 79 of 121 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1811

I noticed ol Loki getting the cosmic cube...and there being no follow up on that in the film lol. No scene is an accident, so I can only assume this will be addressed in another movie. It will be interesting to see an unfettered Loki, with ties to nobody and the cosmic cube in his possession to use as he pleases.
    Last edited by jyamen; 05-03-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    ...Yet again, Disney strikes in there not being serious stakes....
    You cannot be serious.

What the hell is this "it doesn't have stakes!" even means? Because I keep seeing this "criticism", still don't understand what it is.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They did the same thing with Black Panhter in Infinity War.
    It wasn’t to this extent though. They only started to hype him up after his movie did well. Marvel/Disney knew Captain Marvel was going to make bank and draw in a new audience to Endgame with her showing up in it.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-03-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Still she had a good showing. If thanos had not pulled out that soul stone to save his butt he would have been toast. Other then a throw she beat the snot out of him! Her and wanda both pretty much trashed him and he had to use his ship or the power stone to save his hide.

Another thing about the movie getting talked about in other forums as well is by changing the death from hawkeye to widow it messes up the plot. Widows big care is hawkeye. She has no family so we can see that. But hawkeye's big thing he cares about is his blasted wife and kids! It does not make sense at all to be widow. They should have not changed it at last second and other sites are bringing it up. Even now playing podcast called it out as bull. Hawkeyes love would be his wife and kids he was so heartbroken over he went to killing not a crush at work from 20 years ago.
    Nat is family to Clint. Before Age of Ultron she was the only one who even knew about his family. He named his youngest son after her. That podcast and sites trying to call it out haven't been paying attention.

Does anybody else think that they should have introduced Captain Marvel at the start of Phase 4?

BANNED

My biggest gripe now:

How Old Cap or the Peggy Avengers managed to defeat Thanos in the Peggy Timeline?
    I guess that Old Cap influenced the past, informed anyone about Thanos and found a way to make the stones unavailable.
    So Peggy Thanos never snapped the Peggy population. Great.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    My biggest gripe now:

How Old Cap or the Peggy Avengers managed to defeat Thanos in the Peggy Timeline?
    I guess that Old Cap influenced the past, informed anyone about Thanos and found a way to make the stones unavailable.
    So Peggy Thanos never snapped the Peggy population. Great.
    Or everything played out the exact same way as it did in the OG timeline except Steve marries Peggy instead of the chump she settled for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Or everything played out the exact same way as it did in the OG timeline except Steve marries Peggy instead of the chump she settled for.
    Was the 2014 Thanos coming from the Peggy Timeline? If so, we fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Was the 2014 Thanos coming from the Peggy Timeline? If so, we fixed that.
    No, because that reality ceased to exist once Cap returned all the stones to the point in time they were collected in.

No, because that reality ceased to exist once Cap returned all the stones to the point in time they were collected in.
    I don’t remember this being mentioned.

BANNED

This is not correct. Having people stealing and then returning the stones is a divergence you cannot erase.

It's not the stones to created the branched realities, it's the mere presence of the time travelers in the past. The "Baby Thanos" theory was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I don’t remember this being mentioned.
    It comes up when Banner and the Ancient One are talking in 2012. You remove the stone and it creates an alternate reality but if you return the stone to the exact same point where it was taken than that branch goes away. It’s the entire point of Steve going back in time to return the stones.

By returning the stone only seconds after it was taken it deletes everything that happened between the point the stone was taken & the point was stone was removed. This was all clearly explained during the movie.

The point of the baby Thanos Theory was simply to explain why killing Thanos wouldn’t save their reality.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 05-03-2019 at 07:43 AM.

It comes up when Banner and the Ancient One are talking in 2012. You remove the stone and it creates an alternate reality but if you return the stone to the exact same point where it was taken than that branch goes away. It’s the entire point of Steve going back in time to return the stones.
    I don’t think that is what she said exactly. It was something about her reality collapsing from the stone’s absence. Steven grew old in an alternate reality.

BANNED

It’s the entire point of Steve going back in time to return the stones.
    No. He did that to save those branched realities.

Regarding my question, Cap travelled after Thanos was defeated. Therefore, the branch in the timeline had not been created yet. Even assuming Steve went back to the Thanos 2014 timeline, him going back again to Peggy created another branch reality, therefore he was no longer in 2014 Thanos reality.

BANNED

Exactly. Steve specifically says he will leave no branches remaining. It's curious that so many people seem not to get this.