Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

A couple of neat Cap books this week.

Really enjoyed the retro-flavored Bahamas Triangle one-shot. No way the team of Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway is going to put out a bad book and, sure enough, this is a rock solid slice of nostalgia.

More of a surprise to me was the kick-off to the Secret Warps July event. This one spotlights the Cap/Doctor Strange amalgam Soldier Supreme and, as written by Al Ewing with a nice back-up tale by Mark Waid, it's a whole lot of fun. I picked it up on a whim because I didn't have a lot of pulls in my sub this week but I'm glad I did as it was an excellent read. The Infinity Warps event itself was ultimately kind of a confusing dud for me but I like that they kept this Warp World in play and this story proves that these hybrid characters have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Given the Russian connection, I wonder if that ever played into any sort of ambiguous feelings Steve might've had about Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, in light of her being an ex-KGB operative herself. Did he ever wonder if he was repeating the mistakes of the past by working with her, let alone developing a friendship with her?
    Oh boy. You bring up some very prickly questions. Black Widow could have been a Russian Mole this whole time and because she’s such a good actor, you would never know who she is aligned too. Much like Countess Allegro was aligned to Russian Leviathon, whereas Nick Fury always knew, but the reader didn’t. Maybe Cap knows Natasha is Russian? You could see that Russian/American relationships are morphing again in recent years, and one can’t help but think the similarities between each other’s aims. I hesitate to write off any suggestion they will not become partners in the very near future, so Cap and Black Widow May be on the same side soon. You then have to worry about Steve Rogers motivations if that happens. What does Steve aim for? Is it American, or is it universal and he drifts away from, “the American way”?

I hate to imagine what the world will look like in 2120, but I won’t be here. We could be looking at Chinese domination, from the standpoint of it being an economic juggernaut. With no wages overheads, no rules regarding human rights, and a virus-type infiltration of the body of capitalism, it’s not beyond the impossible. Who needs to fight Wars if you just buy up everything in other countries? You can just absorb infrastructure on the stock exchange.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-05-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Oh boy. You bring up some very prickly questions. Black Widow could have been a Russian Mole this whole time and because she’s such a good actor, you would never know who she is aligned too. Much like Countess Allegro was aligned to Russian Leviathon, whereas Nick Fury always knew, but the reader didn’t. Maybe Cap knows Natasha is Russian? You could see that Russian/American relationships are morphing again in recent years, and one can’t help but think the similarities between each other’s aims. I hesitate to write off any suggestion they will not become partners in the very near future, so Cap and Black Widow May be on the same side soon. You then have to worry about Steve Rogers motivations if that happens. What does Steve aim for? Is it American, or is it universal and he drifts away from, “the American way”?

I hate to imagine what the world will look like in 2120, but I won’t be here. We could be looking at Chinese domination, from the standpoint of it being an economic juggernaut. With no wages overheads, no rules regarding human rights, and a virus-type infiltration of the body of capitalism, it’s not beyond the impossible. Who needs to fight Wars if you just buy up everything in other countries? You can just absorb infrastructure on the stock exchange.
    Sounds like a real cyberpunk future, which we may be heading towards already.

Also, you put up a very good question, one that all the great Captain America runs have tried to answer and tried to deconstruct: What even is "the American way" anymore, and is it something we can still aspire to or that is still worth aspiring to in the first place? Personally, I see Steve's moral compass as always aimed toward, "Do what's right by you, your fellow man, and your conscience. Everything else will have to take care of itself." Doesn't mean he doesn't have his doubts, especially after seeing how morally dubious the U.S. government has become and how even his own iconography can be corrupted or coopted to serve ends and ideologies he doesn't and would never morally agree with or follow, but he does always aim to do the right thing, by his own conscience if nothing else.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Anyone know what cap's military rank is. Is he like a brigadier?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    A couple of neat Cap books this week.

Really enjoyed the retro-flavored Bahamas Triangle one-shot. No way the team of Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway is going to put out a bad book and, sure enough, this is a rock solid slice of nostalgia.

More of a surprise to me was the kick-off to the Secret Warps July event. This one spotlights the Cap/Doctor Strange amalgam Soldier Supreme and, as written by Al Ewing with a nice back-up tale by Mark Waid, it's a whole lot of fun. I picked it up on a whim because I didn't have a lot of pulls in my sub this week but I'm glad I did as it was an excellent read. The Infinity Warps event itself was ultimately kind of a confusing dud for me but I like that they kept this Warp World in play and this story proves that these hybrid characters have potential.
    Looking forward to get my copy of the Captain America story by Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway.
    It´s one of the comic books that looking at the creative team makes this a comic book that i will be reading for sure.

This topic was brought back up recently in the X-Men Forums, and I was wondering what Captain America fans thought of the topic, theory, and discussion.

A while back it was theorized by many that Captain America was the genetic father/donor of the Stepford Sisters’ DNA, along with Emma Frost of the X-Men.

It was fueled by Bendis, Pak, and supposedly even Morrison so the topic hasn’t been outright denied by Marvel creative professionals.

With the recent Weapon Plus book by Ethan Sacks which discusses Captain America’s connection to the Weapon Plus program thanks to being the first, do you guys think there’s any truth to this? Steve Rogers as the Stepford Sisters’ father. He fought against the X-Men.

Would you be against it?
    For it?
    How do you guys think he’d react?

By the way, Ethan Sacks was tweeting about it the other day so even he acknowledges this topic/theory.

https://twitter.com/hussy28733480/st...246128642?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This topic was brought back up recently in the X-Men Forums, and I was wondering what Captain America fans thought of the topic, theory, and discussion.

A while back it was theorized by many that Captain America was the genetic father/donor of the Stepford Sisters’ DNA, along with Emma Frost of the X-Men.

It was fueled by Bendis, Pak, and supposedly even Morrison so the topic hasn’t been outright denied by Marvel creative professionals.

With the recent Weapon Plus book by Ethan Sacks which discusses Captain America’s connection to the Weapon Plus program thanks to being the first, do you guys think there’s any truth to this? Steve Rogers as the Stepford Sisters’ father. He fought against the X-Men.

Would you be against it?
    For it?
    How do you guys think he’d react?

By the way, Ethan Sacks was tweeting about it the other day so even he acknowledges this topic/theory.

https://twitter.com/hussy28733480/st...246128642?s=21
    That would be an interesting theory. Personally, I'm more concerned about what's going to happen with Captain America now that he knows he may well have unwittingly opened the door to decades of brutal human exploitation, experimentation, and weaponization in the name of eliminating mutants. Given how the current run of his own series has been severely testing his faith in his own ideals and whether or not he and America are still on the same page anymore . . .

That would be an interesting theory. Personally, I'm more concerned about what's going to happen with Captain America now that he knows he may well have unwittingly opened the door to decades of brutal human exploitation, experimentation, and weaponization in the name of eliminating mutants. Given how the current run of his own series has been severely testing his faith in his own ideals and whether or not he and America are still on the same page anymore . . .
    okay, sure, BUT

steve rogers raising kids
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    okay, sure, BUT

It does yield great comedic (and dramatic) potential, yes.

steve teaching his three cute kids about telepathy ethics and giving them hugs and being god's gift to mankind
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

steve teaching his three cute kids about telepathy ethics and giving them hugs and being god's gift to mankind
    That sounds oddly sweet. And on another level, it would give him real skin in the game, proverbially speaking, when it comes to how mutants are treated by the U.S. government and other American authorities.

That sounds oddly sweet. And on another level, it would give him real skin in the game, proverbially speaking, when it comes to how mutants are treated by the U.S. government and other American authorities.
    Well said. Would be one way to tie his treatment to mutants together.

It sure was. And they probably picked Iron Man based not only on the actual comics leading up to Civil War at the time, but also because in terms of scientific ingenuity and intelligence, Peter did have the capacity to rival Tony. While that would be a reasonable assessment, I always figured Peter and Steve had more in common, both growing up poor and bullied in New York, but not backing down from those bullies, especially after gaining great power and using for the sake of others.
    I just saw your reply. So sorry for being late but tbh I never understood Peters comparison to Tony. I know his IQ has always been high and **** but I don’t remember Spidey doing groundbreaking inventions like Tony. I think Spidey and Steve have more in common because of their background. Their righteousness too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    someone know what rank steve holds in the military? is he a brigadier?
    I have no clue on Military ranks. Isn’t he a captain because “Captain” America. Holy crap I’m bad at this.

okay, sure, BUT

Steve raising kids is what I’m looking for. Bbbuuuttt~ Cuckoos are not kids.

What Steve should do is shoot his wad into Sharon and have us read mini-Steve

At least in the Ultimate Universe, the Red Skull was the son of Steve.