Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What if the MCU Avengers were in Star Wars?

The MCU Avengers consist of: Iron Man (Stark), Captain America (Rogers), Captain Marvel, Black Panther (T'Challa), Ant-man, Wasp, Black Widow, Thor (pre-End Game), Falcon, Spider-man, Bucky, the Hulk/Bruce Banner (Thor: Ragnarok), Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision and War Machine.

They get dropped off into the following eras, alone or as a group. How do they affect the setting?

1) Clone Wars

2) Knights of the Republic

3) Original Trilogy

4) Sequel Trilogy

5) Rebels era

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If they are separate...

Stark probably becomes the most successful person in the galaxy, in any setting. He basically makes better-than-SW-level tech starting from a tech level vastly lower than that. Give him their unlimited power sources and high base level and it's game on.

Pre-Endgame means IW level Thor, and that means that any and all forces in the GFFA want to stay far, far away from him. Do nothing to piss him off, nothing to engage him. Because if he decides that the Empire or the Republic shouldn't exist anymore, they eventually just won't. He has the Bifrost at his command and a weapon that can literally cleave through anything they can throw at him. They can't remotely hurt him with anything less than planet-killer weapons (because we never see anything between "planet killer" and "can't one-shot small space ships that are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy less durable than Thor"), and they will never hit him with one of those. He just teleports into... wherever the command center is at the moment... and lets loose with the lightning and the shockwaves. Everybody dies, and dies fast. Even blowing up the planet he's on isn't going to kill him: he survives fine after an offscreen beatdown followed by extended power stone contact followed by his ship being exploded around him followed by an extended period in space. Give him his axe, and he can fly or bifrost away, even after. They would need to hit him with the shot itself, and that's simply not a thing they seem capable of doing unless he's just sleeping. Since he can Bifrost, he also ought to be able to planet bust, since that's absolutely in the Bifrost user manual.

Captain Marvel is even worse: she's tougher and stronger and doesn't even need an axe to fly anywhere in the galaxy she likes. She has better feats for resisting mental attacks as well, and Jedi/Sith mental attacks are weaksauce compared to what the Kree were doing with her.

Vision and Black Panther are other people not to piss off, but they lack Thor's or CM's rapid transit systems.

Now, if you put them all together, they probably suss out the whole Empire or First Order thing (depending on time period) and stop either, pretty trivially. They are too small, too fast and too powerful for the forces of the GFFA to do anything about. Thor or CM can literally solo fleets of their ships, and can definitely annihilate the planet-busting threats if just by annihilating their control rooms. Tony and Vision can figure out anything they need figured out - the Empire's and Republic's data would be theirs in a day or so.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Well, they've all seen the movies (except for Rise of Skywalker since the Snap probably took away half the cast and crew before it could go into production) so they all know to go for the head (The Emperor) first.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Just to be clear big...

You are claiming that MCU Thor can be on a planet the Deathstar shoots and survive?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The MCU Avengers consist of: Iron Man (Stark), Captain America (Rogers), Captain Marvel, Black Panther (T'Challa), Ant-man, Wasp, Black Widow, Thor (pre-End Game), Falcon, Spider-man, Bucky, the Hulk/Bruce Banner (Thor: Ragnarok), Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision and War Machine.

They get dropped off into the following eras, alone or as a group. How do they affect the setting?

1) Clone Wars

2) Knights of the Republic

3) Original Trilogy

4) Sequel Trilogy

5) Rebels era
    This would apparently be the Avengers at their most powerful so Thor has the axe, Iron-man is at the height of his technological development and so on.

I'll just go with them arriving at the beginning of the original trilogy on the Rebel ship that is being chased. Captain Marvel trivially takes out the pursuing ship possibly eliminating Vader from the story right there.

They take a ship- not buy one, take one- and get the plans to the Rebels. Not that it matters anymore. Captain Marvel blows up the Death Star easily.

Most of the plot from then on changes. The Emperor vs. Thor in a lightning contest? Pfft. Confronted by the Avengers, the Emperor willingly throws himself into that shaft as it's an easier death.

And all of this is without Stark even using the Star Wars setting to upgrade (or downgrade) his tech. Really, Captain Marvel could solo this and Thor could too except I'm not sure of his ability to survive in outer space.
    Power with Girl is better.

No, but seriously. I'm going to need an answer here big_adventure.

You seriously believe Thor could survive being on a planet the Deathstar or Star Killer Base shoot?

Not only that, but you really believe Thor with Stormbreaker is a planet buster himself? Is Heimdall a planet buster? How many continent busting shots can Hulk, Cull, and Thanos tank considering they are near Thor in stats? When Hulk punched Thor and made his nose bleed, do you feel said punch was beyond city busting force or below?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Didn't realise how over powered the Avengers would be. I'll add the original Avengers line-up and Age of Ultron line-up, characters remain at those power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Even blowing up the planet he's on isn't going to kill him
    Are you serious with this? Thor ain't planet busting+ big. MCU Thor at least isn't.
    I'm gonna need to see some proof of this.

The Power Gem was being used to torture him. It was not being used at full power on him.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Didn't realise how over powered the Avengers would be. I'll add the original Avengers line-up and Age of Ultron line-up, characters remain at those power levels.
    Well, the Hulk cannot really jump from ship to ship so he only becomes relevant for stuff like escaping from Tatooine or fighting inside the Death Star once they get aboard. He would even be a liability for the stealth parts though he would sure remove all of the danger of the trash compactor.

Thor's ability to summon lightning rain was supposedly there all along though it took a while before he showed it so that is a huge advantage.

Having Captain America there with his leadership and strategic abilities changes the playing field.

Having Hawkeye and the Black Widow around certainly doesn't hurt.

But with the original Avengers, I think it's more of a real adventure with some danger (well, danger to Hawkeye, Natasha and Cap anyway) though they still do great.

I have this image of Iron-Man firing the shot into the Death Star's vulnerable point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Are you serious with this? Thor ain't planet busting+ big. MCU Thor at least isn't.

The Power Gem was being used to torture him. It was not being used at full power on him.
    Yeah I don't remotely see where anybody gets the idea that Thor with the axe could destroy a planet. I mean, wide, wide field of damage but not that good. I could only see it if we count rhetoric such as the whole neutron star stuff that doesn't really match what we see. Comic book Thor during his most powerful portrayals, maybe and even that gets into feats well beyond his consistent high end.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Precisely. The Power Gem specifically puts out what you WANT it to put out.

Case in point: Strange stops a Power Stone blast with a shield of Mirror Dimension. Thanos then punches said shield into pieces with, guess what, a Power Stone punch!

Thanos clearly intended to hurt the guy and manipulate Loki with the torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yeah I don't remotely see where anybody gets the idea that Thor with the axe could destroy a planet. I mean, wide, wide field of damage but not that good. I could only see it if we count rhetoric such as the whole neutron star stuff that doesn't really match what we see. Comic book Thor during his most powerful portrayals, maybe and even that gets into feats well beyond his consistent high end.
    Big appears to be suggesting that the Bifrost itself is planet busting, not just the axe in general, which is certainly true enough when it's related to the giant gun/chamber/platform thing on the Asgardian rainbow bridge, sure.

Thing is, the axe is not that. Best its shown to do is move a group of people.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just to be clear big...

You are claiming that MCU Thor can be on a planet the Deathstar shoots and survive?
    I mean... Yeah?

He couldn't take a direct shot from the deathstar laser obviously, but being on the planet's surface when it blows up? There are rocks and such that survive that, and he's infinitely tougher than a rock. There's nothing bracing him against that force (he's not getting slammed against the arena wall) either.

So yeah, he gets blasted into space, maybe even hurt somewhat, he summons his axe, he flies or bifrosts away.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

And as far as planet busting - the Bifrost is canonically capable of busting a planet. Stormbreaker is capable of summoning the Bifrost. So, there is absolutely no reason at all to surmise that he can't use it in that fashion. He just has to turn it on, and leave it there, then boom.

I really don't see a viable argument for allowing him to call the Bifrost but saying "well, it doesn't work that way in this specific case" when that is never presented.

I mean, unless you just don't want to give him that capability, despite having the power to summon the thing that has that power. But it's just your own choice in that case.

In any case, to eventually beat the empire, he wouldn't need to use that power: he's got more than enough juice to annihilate command centers without planet busting.

And no, I'm obviously not remotely claiming he can bust a planet without the Bifrost. Please.

I'll have to see some proof Thor can survive that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This would apparently be the Avengers at their most powerful so Thor has the axe, Iron-man is at the height of his technological development and so on.

I'll just go with them arriving at the beginning of the original trilogy on the Rebel ship that is being chased. Captain Marvel trivially takes out the pursuing ship possibly eliminating Vader from the story right there.

They take a ship- not buy one, take one- and get the plans to the Rebels. Not that it matters anymore. Captain Marvel blows up the Death Star easily.

Most of the plot from then on changes. The Emperor vs. Thor in a lightning contest? Pfft. Confronted by the Avengers, the Emperor willingly throws himself into that shaft as it's an easier death.

And all of this is without Stark even using the Star Wars setting to upgrade (or downgrade) his tech. Really, Captain Marvel could solo this and Thor could too except I'm not sure of his ability to survive in outer space.
    And Palpatine knows he can survive the fall, explosion, and the Death Star exploding so he can run to Exegol, build his fleet of planet-busting Star Destroyers, and come back to fight again.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis