Default Game: Recommend someone a character they don't read

I've decided to have a bit of screwy fun here, basically the premise is simple that the post above you will list characters that they do not or have not read. Perhaps they have heard but never read the character or they just haven't gotten around to them, and for sake of ease it can be characters you have seen pop-up but not actively gone after, and it's the responders job to describe in anyway why you think someone should read that character they have listed. Feel free to suggest series or volumes they can read on followup for the character, could be of some help. Really how you handle it is up to you, even if its completely outlandish

However once you describe why you think they should read the character list your own character(s) for the next person to respond to. And to keep it neat try to use the quote box so people know exactly who you are talking to.

As the one making this thread I'll start out with a small list of characters that anyone can pick from. Hopefully this goes well.

1. Grifter
    2. Orion, son of darkseid
    3. Ambush Bug
    4. The Creeper
    5. The Question
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I've decided to have a bit of screwy fun here, basically the premise is simple that the post above you will list characters that they do not or have not read. Perhaps they have heard but never read the character or they just haven't gotten around to them, and for sake of ease it can be characters you have seen pop-up but not actively gone after, and it's the responders job to describe in anyway why you think someone should read that character they have listed. Feel free to suggest series or volumes they can read on followup for the character, could be of some help. Really how you handle it is up to you, even if its completely outlandish

However once you describe why you think they should read the character list your own character(s) for the next person to respond to. And to keep it neat try to use the quote box so people know exactly who you are talking to.

As the one making this thread I'll start out with a small list of characters that anyone can pick from. Hopefully this goes well.

1. Grifter
    2. Orion, son of darkseid
    3. Ambush Bug
    4. The Creeper
    5. The Question
    This is cool, I like it a lot!

I'll recommend Orion by Simonson if not for the story, but for the gorgeous art. I also think his appearances in Azzarello's Wonder Woman was great too.

For me:

1. Blue Beetle
    2. Booster Gold
    3. Hawkman
    4. JSA
    5. Supergirl

*are you getting my theme yet*

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    For me:

1. Blue Beetle
    2. Booster Gold
    3. Hawkman
    4. JSA
    5. Supergirl

*are you getting my theme yet*
    1 & 2. Johns & Jurgens post-52 Booster Gold. The whole damn thing, even the Giffen & DeMatteis run that closed out the series.

3. Tim Truman's Hawkworld mini series.

4. James Robinson's The Golden Age

5. Supergirl by Peter David Vol. 1 TPB

*I'm afraid I don't see your theme yet*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

1. Harley Quinn (Can't stand the Amanda Conner version)
    2. Amethyst
    3. Warlord
    4. Elongated Man
    5. Supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    1 & 2. Johns & Jurgens post-52 Booster Gold. The whole damn thing, even the Giffen & DeMatteis run that closed out the series.

3. Tim Truman's Hawkworld mini series.

4. James Robinson's The Golden Age

5. Supergirl by Peter David Vol. 1 TPB

*I'm afraid I don't see your theme yet*
    LOL, thanks I'll check out David's Supergirl since I like his writing a lot.

The theme is I'm not really a fan of the "schlocky" golden and silver age heroes, so I have a huge gap of knowledge in regards to these heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    1. Harley Quinn (Can't stand the Amanda Conner version)
    2. Amethyst
    3. Warlord
    4. Elongated Man
    5. Supergirl
    For me the seminal Harley has to be Mad Love by Dini & Timm. If you don't read anything else read that at least.

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-21-2021 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.