Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there is a 90s revival going on. any day now, they are going to roll out another X-Force book.
    A well-worn joke, but it has to be said here. They can just rename the current Uncanny X-Men title that and roll on from there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for the forum link, and that was what I found on the same site, which would have been an interesting story if New Warriors v5 had lasted long enough for Yost to get there. Given the thorny issues of clones and their agency, let alone their very personhood, I could see the New Warriors' other resident clone (a certain Scarlet Spider) taking the matter rather poorly, with Justice and Speedball being torn between wanting Namorita back and not wanting to sacrifice another person (Water Snake)'s life to get her back. The others? Can't really say what they'd think of it, but being generally heroic individuals --- and Aracely/Hummingbird having a special connection with Scarlet Spider --- I'd see them having a problem with this method of resurrecting 'Nita as well.
    At least now they're both back and the Night Thrasher brothers can team up and kick-start the New Warriors. Hmm, considering Scarlet Spider is coming back in this fall's Spider-Man event Dead No More, it seems to be an almost perfect storm for a New Warriors revival, and if the Thunderbolts can have their revival . . .
    I was hoping for that VARY story - about the clones and having that moral conundrum! And I believe, if we had been given a chance, Yost would have delivered spectacularly! Yost really felt like he had a handle of these characters, and was writing them very well. And he was clearly setting up several story lines to lay out there, just like Fabian had done - I believe he was laying down something with Maelstrom as well - as I am more than positive that three shadowed figures we never get to see revealed are: Gronk, Phobius and Helio. This would have probably tied in with the Inhumans.

As for the New Warriors, sadly, I don't think we're going to get another series for awhile.

(Thunderbolts is a good first issue; have a few qualms with it, but over all, new series isn't too bad - not a fan of the artist, who, ironically, was the artist of the New Warriors during Volume 4 - or as I call "The Ex-X-Mutants" version of the New Warriors).

I wouldn't mind it being in flux. she is some kind of science experiment, right? that's why Genecide was after her.
    Breaking out some Marvel Comics Present knowledge with the Genecide reference.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Brandon Easton shared the following:

Here’s a preview page from my NIGHT THRASHER story in @Marvel’s CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES! Art by Paul Davidson.

NIGHT THRASHER story in Marvel’s CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES Written by Brandon Easton and Art by Paul Davidson. Please share this link and generate interest in Night Thrasher, and ultimately, the New Warriors.

http://newwarriors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7364#p7364
    IMG_2183.jpg

Ultimate Member

Armor or trench coat, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Armor or trench coat, eh?
    Looks to me like it's the classic armor - which I am VERY happy with. Didn't like his trench coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Looks to me like it's the classic armor - which I am VERY happy with. Didn't like his trench coat.
    the old look is definitely an improvement. looks like he's employing some kind of amped up tasers, as well.

Astonishing Member

All that action and that's just only one page.....can't wait to see more of what Dwayne will do within the CIVIL WAR II.

Also, I agree with the NT Armor being his best (especially w/o the Trenchcoat).

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    All that action and that's just only one page.....can't wait to see more of what Dwayne will do within the CIVIL WAR II.

Also, I agree with the NT Armor being his best (especially w/o the Trenchcoat).
    remember when Speedball wore a trenchcoat (and Rage supported it because it covered up his costume)?

Astonishing Member

Remember when Speedball wore a trenchcoat (and Rage supported it because it covered up his costume)?
    Well, at least SB didn't wore it during his 'Penance' days....!!

Well, at least SB didn't wore it during his 'Penance' days....!!
    he couldn't see to put it on; what with the giant spikes obstructing his vision.
    whatever happened to P-Cat: the penitent puss?

Astonishing Member

whatever happened to P-Cat: the penitent puss?
    Do we really want to know...??

Astonishing Member

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #9 has been released, so let's hear any comments (good and/or bad) about this "CW" version of Speedball/Penance.

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #9 has been released, so let's hear any comments (good and/or bad) about this "CW" version of Speedball/Penance.
    he didn't do anything to annoy me. seemed less mopey, at least. I have no idea why Nigel tried to punch him in the spiked face, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    That's good news!

Sill's coloring was so weird to me when I was reading the omnibus

I had absolutely no clue what her race was meant to be until they revealed who her parents were lol
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 06-02-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    We need better comics

SWCA-11p12c-403b2.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: "Captain America: Sam Wilson" #11 art by Daniel Acuna - looks like it has RAGE in it.