Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Clearly the point of the story is being lost on most.
    Have you actually read the story already? Otherwise that's a very presumptuous thing to say. Otherwise, we're all just offering reactions based on the image and from what I gather, people don't seem enthused by the idea of this new Superman facing cheap knock-offs. It certainly does nothing to make him not seem like a cheap knock off.

This is why DC has fallen off in sales.

I am remembering DC tried this in the Pre-Crisis days, a Chinese Justice League. Anybody remember?

Incredible Member

I keep getting more and more excited for Detective Comics!
    The Chinese Super-Man on the other hand... after a small increase following the first interviews my interest is now back in the negative numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by JanArrah View Post
    This post, if you read the entire thing.. not just snippets, shows that Gene Luen Yang has done a ton of research and really cares about this project. He's clearly done more research than Grant Morrison, not that that is hard.
    As someone who only knows a bit more about China and the Chinese people/culture/language than should be considered common knowledge in the West, the Great Ten seemed perfectly fine and really interesting to me. The Super Young Team however... the visuals felt authentically Japanese enough, but the names, o those adjective-ridden names! They were anything but. (At least they didn't get any civilian names. Unlike poor ill-researched Batman of Japan. Let alone all those pre-internet Asian characters in American comics.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

I'd rather have had a RISING SUN.SUNBURST or DR LIGHT ongoing instead.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I'd rather have had a RISING SUN.SUNBURST or DR LIGHT ongoing instead.
    So would I, even though I have no clue who or what Rising Sun and Sunburst are. Googling that bitch now!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    This is why DC has fallen off in sales.
    Because they made Chinese versions of all their characters? What are you even saying?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Spectacular Member

After all the thought that reportedly went into new Super-Man's civilian name and costume, too bad no time was spent on story
    New Super-man versus New Bat-man and New Wonder-woman?
    That sounds like an Elseworld story we've read many times before.

I was happy when I thought the very Caucasian, US upper middle class world of Superman would be expanded to include an Asian mainstay
    but this has me rapidly losing interest...

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Man, what are they smoking over at DC? Must be some Lazarus juice concoction that prompts them to reboot everything on leap years.

Does anything here really even matter, considering future writers will probably steamroll over this plot line for...anything better. Progression doesnt exist in the DCU, one decade Supes his handing Doomsday his ass....the next decade he's having a problem with Chinese knock-off Justice Leaguers.

I'm going to guess it involves shadow government experimentation and the usual DC nuke plot that's in every single property they own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    The point is that there are over a billion Chinese who can access Comixology. Or, as DC sees it, I'm sure, there are over a billion potential customers who might like seeing Super-Man more than Superman.
    If they are interested in western comics, I am pretty sure that billion potential customers would just rather read the actual characters rather than settle with what I now think is a stab at the Chinese approach to copyrights. You have your fake Audi's, fake BMW's, fake Rolex's, fake Starbucks, fake Apple, and now you have a fake Justice League to match.

Like, I don't think the Chinese are that more patriotic when it comes to goods and entertainment that they will automatically go for the homemade stuff over the imports if the price is identical.

Fantastic Member

Silver age never left Superman office. Instead of creating/utilizing unique minority characters we stuck with knock offs. Why is it so hard for them use the existing characters or create new characters who are knockoff of existing characters? This book isn't going to last any longer than it would have without trinity wannabes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    batman looks like a darkknight returns or a fat batman, WW looks like chun li/sailor moon. the designs could be more original at least

on red hood we have another trinity, and now a chinese trinity. IDK it seems to cheap the trinity.
    These books and Francis manapul's Trinity are all under Superman office aka lack of ideas.

BANNED

wait...the trinity book is a bad idea?

RISING SUN and SUNBURST are both heroes from the past they were in the CRISIS OF INFINITE EARTHS I believe both have the ability to manipulate light and heat
    Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    So would I, even though I have no clue who or what Rising Sun and Sunburst are. Googling that bitch now!

Thanks to another site I have figures out what I was remembering. It was The Sino-Supermen from Batman Family. They had Chinese versions of Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Firestorm.