Mighty Member

Default Dark Knight Returns Golden Child

So, I'm curious about this one. I remember when DK III Master Race was coming out Frank Miller was writing this series as a conclusion to the whole saga. So, is it a grand finale or a cliffhanger ending again leaving it open for DK V?

Incredible Member

i want DKR to die already
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm curious about this one. I remember when DK III Master Race was coming out Frank Miller was writing this series as a conclusion to the whole saga. So, is it a grand finale or a cliffhanger ending again leaving it open for DK V?
    It definitely leaves it open for the future, does it do it well? No it does not.

There's some interesting ideas but overall its a pretty weak story and in my opinion really waters down DKR

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It definitely leaves it open for the future, does it do it well? No it does not.

There's some interesting ideas but overall its a pretty weak story and in my opinion really waters down DKR
    Yeah I read that Carrie Kelly becomes Batwoman at that point...I'm guessing Master Race had a better ending?

Golden Child is much better than Master Race, but not really a sequel to DKR series asides of featuring same characters. And I have no idea how it waters anything down.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Golden Child is much better than Master Race, but not really a sequel to DKR series asides of featuring same characters. And I have no idea how it waters anything down.
    To me, it takes away from the uniqueness of that setting and world, it would be different if Miller hadn't gone insane and could write a good story again - alas we don't live in that timeline

Mighty Member

So, was it just the one issue? Cause according to Wikipedia it says it was the first issue. Kinda funny they would do a hardback of only one issue.

So, was it just the one issue? Cause according to Wikipedia it says it was the first issue. Kinda funny they would do a hardback of only one issue.
    Yeah it was a oversized one shot

A one shot and one issue are two totally different things.