Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Default Mortal Kombat X

This game looks badass! Brutal and fun! I can't wait to play this on my PC

As excited as I am that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade finally got busy, I'm not really a fan of time skips.

Spectacular Member

Sounds interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    As excited as I am that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade finally got busy, I'm not really a fan of time skips.
    The story starts right were MK9 left off. It just doesn't end there.

MK's timeline has always moved forward.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-12-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Mighty Member

While normally i'am right there with you. Prereboot's Mortal Kombat had IMO a problem with stuff not changing enough. Which is understandable for a fighting game with characters people want to see stay. But I am glad the nucanon is taking risks like this(just like killing characters off in 9), because the old way of playing it safe didn't do them any favors.

Looks pretty cool so far.

Looks so cool can't wait to use Sibel, Kabal and Baraka when this thing hits next year.

Also...OMG dem fatalities!!!
    Last edited by gobSIDES; 06-15-2014 at 03:35 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Looks good, but I can't help but miss the old Asian, wuxia shaw bros style. I felt they moved too far from that around mk3.

Like every Mortal Kombat game since 2, I'll probably play around with it a bit and then lose interest. I mean, it looks sweet, but it's so hard for me to stop playing Street Fighter and pick up another fighting game.

Those X-Ray moves look brutal, I just sort of wish that characters have more than one this time, because as great as it is to see Noob break someone's back and make them vomit, it kind of got old after the tenth time.

Bring this game the ef on.

Went back and played the MK9 story again when I heard this was announced. For the upteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Those X-Ray moves look brutal, I just sort of wish that characters have more than one this time
    Apparently, they will.

[QUOTE=Farealmer;186616]While normally i'am right there with you. Prereboot's Mortal Kombat had IMO a problem with stuff not changing enough. Which is understandable for a fighting game with characters people want to see stay. But I am glad the nucanon is taking risks like this(just like killing characters off in 9), because the old way of playing it safe didn't do them any favors.[/QUOTE]

Well i am glad I was linked to this thread and so far it seems odd for Sub Zero.

As in Nucanon at end of MK9 he was turned into a Lin Kunei cyborg and then killed. Now back as human and well still kicking. Yeah in MK death seems to be no big deal, that's the plot point to Scorpion and Johnny Cage. (With Cage, it was a joke.)

BANNED

Why? It's not like MK has much of a story, and what is there is a convoluted mess that just keeps getting dumber. And it's nice to see some new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

As in Nucanon at end of MK9 he was turned into a Lin Kunei cyborg and then killed. Now back as human and well still kicking.
    In all fairness, we don't actually know who the current Sub Zero is. Whoever it is, it seems unlikely that it's the second Sub Zero.