Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The 2 stars the show likely will build around will likely be Negan , Daryl and Rosita. They likely will explore the whole Negan/Daryl relationship and whatever they had planned there with Rick/Negan....a lot will go to Daryl and him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Agree with you totally!

Is it too late for the show to end at the end of Season 9? Or how about a 2 hrs movie ending it afterwards and have Rick and Maggie back for that?

This was my VERY FAVORITE show to watch until Season 7 happened. HATED IT WITH NEGAN!!!!
    We still watch but it's like a chore.
    I'm ready for it to end or merge it with Fear the Walking Dead.
    I personally think there's a lot of sketchy things going on behind the scenes, keep in mind this show has a high showrunner turnover rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I personally think there's a lot of sketchy things going on behind the scenes, keep in mind this show has a high showrunner turnover rate.
    While there could be an element of this on the show's end, it's also the network that had the Mad Men issues when that show essentially built the network's scripted programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Well we can look at it this way ...the 1st showrunner Frank Darabont and the network disagreed on how things would go through season #2. Many point out that when he was let go the show kicked into another level. Because the network handed it to Glen Mazzara who its said took over right around "Nebraska" when the show hit that other gear. He was only there a short time and was around the 2nd/3rd season as showrunner.

Gimple came in at season #4 and seemed to settle it down. He was there for the next 4 seasons and got bumped up to someone who now oversees the entire Walking Dead franchise in a sense. He had the longest run as showrunner. Now its being handed to Kang as she will become showrunner.

Now what makes Walking Dead different from Mad Men is ...its a very demanding show. Its more physical and AMC orders more episodes than what they did of Mad Men. Hell that final season they ordered 14 episodes and split it off over 2 years. So they basically didn't demand as much from Mad Men which had that 1 showrunner the entire 92 episodes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Related:

There is a potentially MASSIVE "Out Here In The World Outside Of These Shows" spoiler near the end of this evening's episode of Talking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Related:

There is a potentially MASSIVE "Out Here In The World Outside Of These Shows" spoiler near the end of this evening's episode of Talking Dead.
    So what was it???
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

So what was it???
    Since it's outside of the "TWD" umbrella, I'll "Spoiler" tag it...

spoilers:
    They asked Kim if she knew what she would be doing next. She said that they have everyone locked in to start the Deadwood movie. Whick is odd because Timothy Olyphant had just said "Closer than we've ever been, but I still don't honestly think it will happen." last month.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Since it's outside of the "TWD" umbrella, I'll "Spoiler" tag it...

spoilers:
    They asked Kim if she knew what she would be doing next. She said that they have everyone locked in to start the Deadwood movie. Whick is odd because Timothy Olyphant had just said "Closer than we've ever been, but I still don't honestly think it will happen." last month.
    end of spoilers
    How is this a massive spoiler for anything?

Yeah, I don't understand what you mean? Are you saying she's fibbing about the Deadwood Movie and she's going to make a surprise return to Fear?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

While there could be an element of this on the show's end, it's also the network that had the Mad Men issues when that show essentially built the network's scripted programming.
    They all also have a HUGE lawsuit against AMC at the moment as well.

It appears that next season Jon Bernthal will resume his role as Shane Walsh at some point. He was spotted on the set of Walking Dead and its been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It appears that next season Jon Bernthal will resume his role as Shane Walsh at some point. He was spotted on the set of Walking Dead and its been confirmed.
    I saw reports also saying he was just there for a farewell party for Andrew Lincoln and that the two are close friends. But hes a busy guy imo hes doing a flashback or hallucination scene. Honestly given what Rick has done since Shane wouldnt be the villain now he was then. I think him having it out for Rick was the only thing that fans couldn't forgive. Cause what he did to Otis is bad but Rick has done some **** too since. And Shane had become unhinged which Rick has also had bouts of. Everytime a new big bad shows up i think damn Shane would be helpful af right now.

Honestly havent rewatched old season iono if I liked Shane at all or I've just become a big Bernthal fan since and am remember the character different.

So some promo images are out, showing the characters in Washington, as well as the helicopter. Makes me wonder, perhaps Eugene was half-right about a little bit of government still being operational. (I haven't gotten this far in the comics so I'm not sure if they went to it in the comics). Curiously, I'm pretty sure the upcoming video game is set there too.

Maggie is also shown pretty much back to her season 4-6 long hair and not pregnant; possibly her baby has been born during the 'time skip'.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Agree with you totally!

Is it too late for the show to end at the end of Season 9? Or how about a 2 hrs movie ending it afterwards and have Rick and Maggie back for that?

This was my VERY FAVORITE show to watch until Season 7 happened. HATED IT WITH NEGAN!!!!
    We still watch but it's like a chore.
    I'm ready for it to end or merge it with Fear the Walking Dead.
    This show is never going to please everybody, even during it's better seasons it still had people complaining about it. It's a show that should have never been a crossover show to begin with.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So some promo images are out, showing the characters in Washington, as well as the helicopter. Makes me wonder, perhaps Eugene was half-right about a little bit of government still being operational. (I haven't gotten this far in the comics so I'm not sure if they went to it in the comics). Curiously, I'm pretty sure the upcoming video game is set there too.

Maggie is also shown pretty much back to her season 4-6 long hair and not pregnant; possibly her baby has been born during the 'time skip'.