Page 123 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely getting the Friday Night Lights vibes.
    Every time this comparison is made I imagine Clark saying "Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    New trailer is out. Looks pretty good, and also confirmt the leaked sript is the real deal.

Lol nice song choice, definitely not Man of Steel serious going off that for sure. Damn not much longer!

BANNED

Definitely getting the Friday Night Lights vibes.
    I’m getting a cross between Friday Night Lights and This is Us.....except Superman.

Which...if they can actually pull off is absolutely genius and is undoubtedly unique and fresh for the genre. But execution will be crucial. Crossing my fingers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol nice song choice, definitely not Man of Steel serious going off that for sure. Damn not much longer!
    The only thing that's not serious about that trailer is the song, though. Every line of dialogue and visual is as serious as ever.

Still not Man of Steel serious, though, but that's because MoS is serious in a very specific way.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The only thing that's not serious about that trailer is the song, though. Every line of dialogue and visual is as serious as ever.

Still not Man of Steel serious, though, but that's because MoS is serious in a very specific way.
    True but the use of the song to set the tone is very deliberate. Perhaps I’m reading too much into this, but I see it as a signal for those who were worried about the last trailer that no, this won’t be completely without lighter bits while still very much being a darker show than Supergirl was.

I don't expect this to be a completely serious series if only considering the universe its in.

New trailer is out. Looks pretty good, and also confirmt the leaked sript is the real deal.

Yeah assuming this is all this from the pilot episode it seems like a mix between whats mostly on the leaked script plus some stuff that wasn't like Lois and Clark's wedding and Sam and Clark's nighttime confrontation, which i guess you can chalk up to being bumped up to 90 minutes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Looks pretty good and striking the right tone for the series. Interesting that Jon is being set up to be the bad son.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Looks pretty good and striking the right tone for the series. Interesting that Jon is being set up to be the bad son.
    Jon's the taller son with the brown hair. Jordan is the son you're probably think of. The one with the "things could go badly" close up shot. Funny enough, isn't this the Jon you wanted to some degree? Lois' hair and all. Plus, having read the script, he's the one out of the two boys who has Lois' natural confidence mixed with what the casting call describes as an "aw shucks charm that doesn't feel dated". It's another version of the "chip off the ol block" idea, but more in the sense that Jon naturally has the confidence that Clark had to find over a long time.

It's actually ironic that both the show and the comics are presenting Jon as a character of natural privilege, and then digging into that in their own ways. PKJ will be exploring how Jon owes basically everything to his dad, and how he's naturally being put under pressure to take over. While over in the show-- very minor spoilers-- there's a moment where Clark remembers Pa saying that Jon was always a happy kid and was just born lucky. He's also a three sport athlete with apparently both college and pro scouts keeping an eye on him, and something happens later in the episode that seems to hint at what his arc will be. But you can tell mostly. Especially with the sports/football comparison. The pressure and expectation once he finds out who his dad is. Very Friday Night Lights, and I'm here for it.

Addressing the natural privilege of the character is something that I think grows more and more important by the day. Don't run from it or lampshade it (*cough* Bruce and Damian *cough*) Make a story out of it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I guess they ditched the blue heat vision. I wonder if that's a COIE thing or if they'll even acknowledge the rest of the Arrow-verse.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I guess they ditched the blue heat vision. I wonder if that's a COIE thing or if they'll even acknowledge the rest of the Arrow-verse.
    I remember when we first got blue Heat Vision in Supergirl there was some speculation that Superman might be unique because his Heat Vision is red. Maybe they'll go with that idea here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I remember when we first got blue Heat Vision in Supergirl there was some speculation that Superman might be unique because his Heat Vision is red. Maybe they'll go with that idea here.
    In his few appearances on Supergirl, it was blue like hers. This is one of the reasons I kind of wonder if they aren't trying to sort of move away from the rest of the Arrow-verse. It'll still TECHNICALLY take place in the Arrow-verse but they won't acknowledge the other shows.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon's the taller son with the brown hair. Jordan is the son you're probably think of. The one with the "things could go badly" close up shot. Funny enough, isn't this the Jon you wanted to some degree? Lois' hair and all. Plus, having read the script, he's the one out of the two boys who has Lois' natural confidence mixed with what the casting call describes as an "aw shucks charm that doesn't feel dated". It's another version of the "chip off the ol block" idea, but more in the sense that Jon naturally has the confidence that Clark had to find over a long time.

It's actually ironic that both the show and the comics are presenting Jon as a character of natural privilege, and then digging into that in their own ways. PKJ will be exploring how Jon owes basically everything to his dad, and how he's naturally being put under pressure to take over. While over in the show-- very minor spoilers-- there's a moment where Clark remembers Pa saying that Jon was always a happy kid and was just born lucky. He's also a three sport athlete with apparently both college and pro scouts keeping an eye on him, and something happens later in the episode that seems to hint at what his arc will be. But you can tell mostly. Especially with the sports/football comparison. The pressure and expectation once he finds out who his dad is. Very Friday Night Lights, and I'm here for it.

Addressing the natural privilege of the character is something that I think grows more and more important by the day. Don't run from it or lampshade it (*cough* Bruce and Damian *cough*) Make a story out of it.
    Oh, I thought Jon would be the one with the dark mop of hair because... Well that was Jon as a kid. lol

Thank you for the correction.

You're not wrong, I do want a Jon to embrace more of Lois (including her purple eyes in the comics) but it's all a matter of execution. If he ends up going some dark and brooding path, no thanks. He's still Lois and Clark's son, he should turn out a good person, just arguably more cynical than his dad. I'm hopeful. They need to establish drama and stakes in the trailer and "one of your sons may go bad" is a solid angle to attack from.

I've done a little writing for fun to try and hammer out my 10 year-old Jon Kent and he's not that different, but he gets himself into more trouble especially when he thinks he's in the right about something he wants to correct; he has Lois's drive to burn down lies with truth without necessarily looking before he leaps. You could argue that's golden age Clark as well, which isn't wrong, but I think Jon needs some degree of Lois's distrust of authority and being lied to by his parents until he's a teenager should cause a rift between them that eventually they mend.

It's a good setup for Jon as a teen learning his dad's Superman and his parents kept it from him.

And then you told me it's Jordan. Whoops. lol

I'm going into this just hoping for a good Lois and Clark as parents show. Trying to shed my opinions on what it should be and just evaluate what we get. Hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    In his few appearances on Supergirl, it was blue like hers. This is one of the reasons I kind of wonder if they aren't trying to sort of move away from the rest of the Arrow-verse. It'll still TECHNICALLY take place in the Arrow-verse but they won't acknowledge the other shows.
    Visually this definitely seems very different from the rest of the Arrowverse interms of effects.

Visually this definitely seems very different from the rest of the Arrowverse interms of effects.
    They got the people Disney use. It may just be for the pilot, but those effects look great for TV.