Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I agree with you about why he ran but his victory might mean alot of changes in who wins elections in the future. Especially as partisan politics on both sides continue to erode people's faith in the system.
    I especially am weary of those “with us or against us types” who get pissy at those whose personal interests are more distant from whatever “white whale” in politics the party in question is after, selfish as such detachment may be. As far as I’m concerned, so are the people accusing of “both-sideism” as a way of getting others to fall in line.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Easy: I vote for the candidate who hasn't denied HIV/AIDS funding. I vote for the candidate who didn't - AT BEST - turn a blind eye to his boss selling America up the river while trying to convince us that he is the most pious man in America. I vote for the ccandidate who isn't terrified to be in a room with a woman who isn't his wife. I vote for the candidate who doesn't believe that I deserve to die/be tortured into 'changing'/be denied healthcare or a job or a house because of my sexuality.

If that means voting for a celebrity who gave a platform to anti-vaxxers and pseudoscientific asshats while also helping legions of under-appreciated middle aged women, people of color, and other minorities all over the world feel like they matter, so be it.

Oprah doesn't want me dead or tortured in the name of Jesus until I wish I was. Oprah doesn't appear to want to deny me healthcare, work, a home, a family, etc. Pence has made very clear that he does. That's kind of a firm, hard line for me. Unreasonably partisan of me, I know....
    Pence has political experience... at causing crises, misery, disease and death.

Not all political experience is created equal, Mets. So if this is supposed to be some kind of "gotcha" moment for the bad guys... You're not good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This is why Climate Change fits better, and why those that oppose it won't drop 'Global Warming' like the POTEC.

PHOTOS: The Sahara Desert, Painted White With Snow

And we got snow here for the first time in quite a few years down in deepinthehearta Texas. It's also been very wet for the last few years after the usual drought conditions persisting through my school days and well into Obama's tenure, so it's clear to me at least that very well established weather patterns are shifting. That means that while we still need to get a handle on what we're doing to the environment before it leads to true catastrophe, we're too late to stop disruption to global weather patterns.

Bannon resigned from Breitbart today.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Back to cooking meth in bathtubs I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Back to cooking meth in bathtubs I suspect.
    Does he look like he ever quit?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

That was for the best I think. Bannon disappointed in many ways.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...t-redacted.pdf

Sen. Dianne Feinstein releases entire Fusion GPS senate testimony over GOP objections

Trolling goes both ways I guess:

The White House and the Department of the Interior are in agreement on a plan to increase offshore drilling for oil. That means that companies can just start drilling right near the beach, all over nearly the entire coastline of the United States. In response, Moore announced that he’s getting the equipment together to start his own gas-seeking operation—and he’s going to be doing it off the coast of Floria, in a spot that just so happens to be nearby Mar-a-Lago, the fabulous luxury result and golf course where Trump spends most of his time, which he also owns.
    I really think this is a shitty idea simply because fracking to **** with someone is still fracking, but this is what happens when everyone's trolling one another.

Does he look like he ever quit?
    Nah, I think he just got a staffer or intern to take over for him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Other than Heterocephalus glaber, nature hasn't produced a bigger disappointment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...t-redacted.pdf

Sen. Dianne Feinstein releases entire Fusion GPS senate testimony over GOP objections
    I see your release of information and raise you a flipper:
    Cornyn breaks with Grassley, says he's 'glad' Feinstein released Fusion GPS transcript.

Now that Grassley has publicly stained Steele, apparently for no good reason other than protecting Trump, how long does he last?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Pence has political experience... at causing crises, misery, disease and death.

Not all political experience is created equal, Mets. So if this is supposed to be some kind of "gotcha" moment for the bad guys... You're not good at it.
    I think you quoted the wrong person here? I am as anti-Pence as they get, and I am deffo not Mets. Lol

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Pretty good summation by Axios:
    Steve Bannon lit himself on fire — and Trump extinguished him

The guy who one year ago was seen as the architect of the most improbable campaign win of our lifetimes, the co-chief of staff and the Trump whisperer on America First, is finished. Banished from the White House. Banished from the Trump family. Banished from his sugar Mercers. And now banished from Breitbart - ousted from his own company.

The guy loves history. Well, this political suicide is historic.

Bannon still thinks of himself as a revolutionary. That self-perception won’t change. It’s just that now he has no vehicle, no staff, no platform, and no major donors funding his ambitions.
    https://www.axios.com/steve-bannon-l...source=sidebar
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quit before he was fired? I guess the Mercers told Steve-O to vamoose. He pretty much emasculated himself over the weekend when, after calling Donnie Jr. a traitor in Fire And Fury, he did a 180 and smooched some serious Trump ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    “Many ways”? Wow, right wingers sure fall out of love fast. Wasn’t Steve-O your boy after he helped put Cheeto Jesus in the White House? C’mon, man, where’s your loyalty?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!