View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I really enjoyed Suicide Squad. And at least it featured strong females. Apart from Black Widow, the women in the Marvel movies have been getting worse and worse, from Pepper's dwindling presence in the Iron Man films, to the appalling waste of Jane Foster in the Thor movies, while Sif was reduced from strong leading lady to wallpaper. And even Black Widow was an embarrassment in AoU.

Marvel have done some great movies - Avengers Assemble, Iron Man 1, the Cap. A movies. But AoU, Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and 3 were disappointing. And I shudder to think what kind of film Thor 3 is going to be now the director has decided he wants an 80s style buddy movie - with even more comedy.
    Yes as Batman v Superman showed us all, it's jokes that make superhero movies bad.

Fantastic Member

I think people should compare the first 3 films of marvel to the first 3 of dc. Iron man, Thor and captain America. Compare that to man of steel, bvs and suicide squad. On those three films, dc wins by 2. -1. Iron man and captain America were good films. In fact cap 1 is much better to me then iron man which highly well received by fans and critics. But bvs brought something different to the table, something unique compared t most comic book movies. To this day though, I still don't understand why man of steel isn't well liked, it was an awesome film. With great action scenes, a great beginning to a new superman. Even if it's compared to other marvel films, only the cap films, avengers 1 and gotg are any good. Cut dc some slack, went justice league
    Last edited by Shriveling_memo; 08-28-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    I think people should compare the first 3 films of marvel to the first 3 of dc. Iron man, Thor and captain America. Compare that to man of steel, bvs and suicide squad. On those three films, dc wins by 2. -1. Iron man and captain America were great films. In fact cap 1 is much better to me then iron man which highly well received by fans and critics. But bvs brought something different to the table, something unique compared t most comic book movies. Even if it's compared to other marvel films, only the cap films, avengers 1 and gotg are any good. Cut dc some slack, went justice league
    How does DC win by comparing those six movies to one another? Because in Iron Man, Cap and Thor, the acting was far superior, as was the writing

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't say entirely, some DC stories such as the Killing Joke are simply masterpieces. Its down to the fact that Marvel seem to understand their own product.

Astonishing Member

I think people should compare the first 3 films of marvel to the first 3 of dc. Iron man, Thor and captain America. Compare that to man of steel, bvs and suicide squad. On those three films, dc wins by 2. -1. Iron man and captain America were good films. In fact cap 1 is much better to me then iron man which highly well received by fans and critics. But bvs brought something different to the table, something unique compared t most comic book movies. To this day though, I still don't understand why man of steel isn't well liked, it was an awesome film. With great action scenes, a great beginning to a new superman. Even if it's compared to other marvel films, only the cap films, avengers 1 and gotg are any good. Cut dc some slack, went justice league
    First 3 marvel films were iron man then hulk then iron man 2

BANNED

I would say that Marvel produces better movies because they, by and large, produce complete movies that don't have half an hour missing from them (and when they do you get Thor: The Dark World).

See, I very rarely go to the movies. I much prefer to wait for the movies to come to me from Amazon.
    Thus I never saw the theatre cuts of Man Of Steel and Dawn Of Justice. And I didn't have a problem (okay, very few problems) with the extended versions that I did see. Sure, they're not even close to the comicbook versions, but then I had not for one microsecond expected them to be, and I am perfectly fine with that. A lot of actual comicbook versions aren't much like the comicbook version either.

But yeah, looking up after seeing those two movies what was added in the ectended cuts, I can get where people who saw them 6 months earlier at the theatre are coming from.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I would say that Marvel produces better movies because they, by and large, produce complete movies that don't have half an hour missing from them (and when they do you get Thor: The Dark World).

See, I very rarely go to the movies. I much prefer to wait for the movies to come to me from Amazon.
    Thus I never saw the theatre cuts of Man Of Steel and Dawn Of Justice. And I didn't have a problem (okay, very few problems) with the extended versions that I did see. Sure, they're not even close to the comicbook versions, but then I had not for one microsecond expected them to be, and I am perfectly fine with that. A lot of actual comicbook versions aren't much like the comicbook version either.

But yeah, looking up after seeing those two movies what was added in the ectended cuts, I can get where people who saw them 6 months earlier at the theatre are coming from.
    Funny folks expected Fantastic Four to be when so many others were NOT. Flash should get the same backlash as FF4 did or does the DC banner and no John Stewart or Duke Thomas in the cast give it a free pass.

Fantastic Member

My apologises your right. That means the dc films are better as iron man and Thor weren't good. It took captain America and avengers to progress the mcu

My apologises your right. That means the dc films are better as iron man and Thor weren't good. It took captain America and avengers to progress the mcu
    There's no universe where Man of Steel or Dawn of Justice are better films than Iron Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Funny folks expected Fantastic Four to be when so many others were NOT. Flash should get the same backlash as FF4 did or does the DC banner and no John Stewart or Duke Thomas in the cast give it a free pass.
    I expected, based on early rumours, the FF film to be a more or less straight adaption of the first arc of Ultimate Fantastic Four. Which it seems that it once was before the studio started to heavily interfere. I don't think Doom was even going to be the villain in it.

I have heard nothing good or bad about The Flash, and have no idea what it would be getting backlash for.

Yeah I'm not even sure why the Flash would even be brought up in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, he spends a whole period before the movie bat branding criminals. It's not a dark knight returns thing where he's just rusty, it's just bad writing.

Example of bad writing, him getting caught in the super secret tech room of Luthor's house and the assistant can clearly see he's doing shady **** and then just leaves him alone. I don't need to really try to rip this movie because CinemaSins already did a way better job highlighting how badly this movie was written and directed.
    Who said anything about him being rusty. The Bat branding was him not being himself.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who said anything about him being rusty. The Bat branding was him not being himself.
    Says who? Unless they mentioned him being Adam West Batman at some point in BVS, this has been the consistent Batman BVS has presented us with, there was no hints that him branding people was somehow out of character. No one seemed remotely phased by it except Clark. Unless this was some crap shoved into the ultimate cut, i don't see it in the theatrical cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There's no universe where Man of Steel or Dawn of Justice are better films than Iron Man.
    Pa Kent in MoS, a neck-snaping Superman, a Batman that is a lacklustre detective, that Martha moment in B v S or Lois Lane investigating that bullet... plus, unhinged Lex.

Between editing, characterization, plot issues... I definitely agree.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Pa Kent in MoS, a neck-snaping Superman, a Batman that is a lacklustre detective, that Martha moment in B v S or Lois Lane investigating that bullet... plus, unhinged Lex.

Between editing, characterization, plot issues... I definitely agree.
    Things being different from the comics do not make a movie better or worse. It just makes it different from the comics.

And what's wrong with Lois investigating the bullet? It's her job. Well, it's Batman's job, but he's not in his right mind, which the movie makes a point of spelling out.