Page 420 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 20730
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    First of all: being sick sucks and hope you get well very soon!

Here is some stuff I remember coming up and might interest you: I'm sucker for B list crap so I'm eagerly waiting for the Byrne Alpha flight omnibus but that's probably not your cup of tea. There is gonna be a Batman Knightfall omnibus and a Len Wein Swamp thing one too.
    Second Peter David Hulk epic and all the Realm and War of Kings omnibuses you could possibly need (road to and aftermath).
    Also JLA bronze age omnibus, Midnighter by Ennis chunky trade, Sandman Mystery theatre v2 tpb, Tarzan by Buscema omnibus (Dynamite), Velvet deluxe (Brubaker), Batman and the Outsiders dlx, Cosmic Odyssey dlx and DCU by Mignola deluxe (I think...these might be downgraded though).
    Ooooooh, love me some Velvet, might get that deluxe. Also Mignola=buy nowadays so will probably get that as well. Thanks Balakin!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Ooooooh, love me some Velvet, might get that deluxe. Also Mignola=buy nowadays so will probably get that as well. Thanks Balakin!
    no bother. Cosmic Odyssey is Mignola as well so you might want to check that out too. And anything Brubaker is insta buy too. There are loads of good stuff but the Tarzan by Buscema is my most eagerly waited book for this year. Love Tarzan, Buscema is brilliant and if it's the same build quality as the Doc Savage archives it will be a very lovely book.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Hello everybody! I have returned from a long hiatus. I officially stopped buying new comic books in May of this year. It really wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I don't need MORE comic books and pretty much lost interest in anything that has been released lately. I've been keeping busy with the classics like Simonson's Thor run, Englehart and Starlin's Captain Marvel work and going back to my 80's comics from when I got into the hobby. I am still on the lookout for cheap collected editions and rest easy with the fact that anything that is published in floppy format will eventually make it to collected form. Just wanted to pop in and say hello again!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Thanks a lot for the well wishes and answers, I did miss you guys. I wasn't really sick though, the disease I have (Lyme disease) had no other consequences than lack of energy (I basically felt like I slept 5 hours a night even though I actually slept 9-10 every day) and after 6 months of that I just didn't have any energy reserves left and spent all the energy on the necessities and I filled my free time with effortless hobbies like listening to music and playing Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm really feeling better though and my doctor says it should be finally over in 2 months.

As for the solicits: oh... My... Daredevil. Is that a Waid and Brubaker omni I spot there? A bit expensive but pretty damn nice. Also, I thought those WoK omni's only existed in my dreams, though it really sucks that I probably can't afford them before they go oop haha. Also, Marvel's really trying to cash in on GotG aren't they? Who could have ever imagined that the Valentino run would ever be collected in omnibus? Again, tganks a lot guys!
    Smash is the best. If you agve to be holed up with something, that's xertianly a good choice.
    Cyclops was right

Any reason to buy the Bendis GotG omnibus over the oversized hardcovers?

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Hello everybody! I have returned from a long hiatus. I officially stopped buying new comic books in May of this year. It really wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I don't need MORE comic books and pretty much lost interest in anything that has been released lately. I've been keeping busy with the classics like Simonson's Thor run, Englehart and Starlin's Captain Marvel work and going back to my 80's comics from when I got into the hobby. I am still on the lookout for cheap collected editions and rest easy with the fact that anything that is published in floppy format will eventually make it to collected form. Just wanted to pop in and say hello again!
    That's too bad nothing modern appeals to you. But welcome back! Any criminally underrated 80s series you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I could be wrong but I think it collects a limited series that the OHCs don't unless it's something collected in the third OHC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It also will collect Avengers assemble 1-8 and Guardians of knowhere from secret wars

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I could be wrong but I think it collects a limited series that the OHCs don't unless it's something collected in the third OHC.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It also will collect Avengers assemble 1-8 and Guardians of knowhere from secret wars
    Well that's silly. I already have the Avenegrs Assemble ohc from a couple years ago. How's the Guardians of Knowhere? Is it pertinent to the series, or more of a fun spin off?

Mighty Member

^Fun spin off, like all the other secret wars "series".

Side note: Gonna be near Dallas this weekend. Any places to recommend for collected editions?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Smash is the best. If you agve to be holed up with something, that's xertianly a good choice.
    Haha definitely, it's so underrated both as a game to play and a game to watch. Still think professional Melee is one of the hardest game to play professionally. I really love it, but I really wouldn't mind reading comics again haha. Don't want to gar too far of topic but you play a lot?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Even indie stuff? There are still great series released also lots of old stuff gets collected.
    Welcome back btw

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Side note: Gonna be near Dallas this weekend. Any places to recommend for collected editions?
    Ok, I just wanted to comment that I never thought of using this forum as a guide for collected edition shopping when traveling. That is brilliant, and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it (I was just in Washington DC and would've loved to know the name of a good LCS or two).

That might be useful info to share in general. Any of us who can recommend shops with good deals on collected editions in either their home major cities or other cities that they're familiar with.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Haha definitely, it's so underrated both as a game to play and a game to watch. Still think professional Melee is one of the hardest game to play professionally. I really love it, but I really wouldn't mind reading comics again haha. Don't want to gar too far of topic but you play a lot?
    I play a decent amount. I'm mostly a Brawl guy, though, so my friends always wreck me when we go to Melee. Doesn't help that I'm an Ike main.

I just recently started to read Morrison's X-Men for the first time. A lot of it is really good. A lot of it isn't. I'm kind of shocked people hold it on such high pedestal. The new ideas are fantastic, and some of the character stuff is great, but for the most part everyone is at least slightly OOC, the plots vary in quality, and most of the villains are completely underdeveloped, to the point where I don't care what's happening on the page. I can't really see how this stands the test of time so well.

I'm about to start reading the Xorn twist arc. Considering how much I like Xorn as a concept and a character, and how much I like two certain you know who's who I know get horribly shafted this arc, I'm not expecting great things.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 09-16-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    Cyclops was right

Okay...so I'm just realizing this....that the GotG omnibus by DnA is essentially being reprinted in 3 omnibus books: WoK Prelude, WoK, and Wok Aftermath, but with all the tie ins, correct?

So the initial GotG omnibus is basically a waste?