Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1897

I was kind of disappointed. I wanted to see the team together again. The first two stories were cool enough. Nothing special but two character spotlights.
    The third one left a terrible taste in my mouth. Brisson made a bad situation even worse. Talk about an abusive relationship, I feel bad for Heather and Vindicator seems very irredeemable after this one. I hope this story gets followed up on very soon, if only so someone who's not Brisson can try and salvage the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I feel really sad after reading Heather's story at the end. I am curious if James is actually trying to help her, or is he trying to control her.
    I'm leaning toward "control", given how we last saw Heather and some of Mac's previous judgment calls. This was not a great take, but also not out of character, so...

I liked the Talisman/Snowbird tale best. These two "sisters" helping to settle a ghost from Snowbird's past reinforced the old dynamic of Alpha Flight being a literal (and quite messed up) family.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The third one left a terrible taste in my mouth. Brisson made a bad situation even worse. Talk about an abusive relationship, I feel bad for Heather and Vindicator seems very irredeemable after this one. I hope this story gets followed up on very soon, if only so someone who's not Brisson can try and salvage the characters.
    Yeeeah. Like I said, I don't think it was OOC for Mac, but that doesn't mean I want to see the worst facets of these characters on display, especially when it's likely to never be addressed again. I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the possibility of Brisson on an AF book after this.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 09-04-2019 at 06:25 PM.

After his involvement with Disassembled and his bland take on X-force, I don't think team books are Brisson's forté. I wouldn't want him on Alpha Flight, especially after reading this. Zub or Ewing would be miles better.

Speaking of Ewing, it's because of him that Walter and Puck are still being used regularly. I love his Gamma Flight in Immortal Hulk. The two are getting great panel time there and Titania, Absorbing Man and Doc Samson make it a pretty awesome and unconventional team.

After his involvement with Disassembled and his bland take on X-force, I don't think team books are Brisson's forté. I wouldn't want him on Alpha Flight, especially after reading this. Zub or Ewing would be miles better.

Speaking of Ewing, it's because of him that Walter and Puck are still being used regularly. I love his Gamma Flight in Immortal Hulk. The two are getting great panel time there and Titania, Absorbing Man and Doc Samson make it a pretty awesome and unconventional team.
    100% in agreement on all of this. I think all three writers in question are familiar enough with the team to do a decent job, but I think Zub and Ewing use them to best advantage.

Did the one-shot not come out yesterday? Looked for a spoiler thread to see if it's worth buying.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Did the one-shot not come out yesterday? Looked for a spoiler thread to see if it's worth buying.
    Yes, it did. Yes, it was worth picking up.

Ultimate Member

I liked seeing Jean-Paul and Jean-Marie so on the same page about their 'secondary mission.' They've had such a fractious past relationship, seeing them agreeing on this, and finishing each others sentences, even, was cute.

I really liked the Snowbird / Talisman story, and the Marrina / Puck story.

And yeah, that third story with Mac and Heather seems like a truly terrible idea that in no way will blow up in anyone's face... (/sarc)

Mighty Member

This was my first Alpha Flight story ever!

I mainly came for Northstar and Aurora so was disappointed they were barely in it. They're the only 2 members I'm familiar with.

The Snowbird/Talisman story really intrigued me and made we want more of both characters.

I didn't care for the Puck story, and the final story was a turn off.

Amazing Member

ALPHAFLIGHT FAVES.png.jpg

Bored one day at work and made this. We have limited technology at work so it's not perfection, but I like it.

Amazing Member

ALPHAFLIGHTBYRNE2.jpg

I also made this. Obviously, Diamond Lil and Talisman are my favorites.

So it seems Marrina has developed shape-shifting control.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So it seems Marrina has developed shape-shifting control.
    Seems like a logical development for her. I kind of want her to take over a Master of the World type role, of being 'in charge', more or less, of the remaining Plodex on Earth (and their technology) and considering it her responsibility to keep that out of the hands of people like the Master, and to protect both the remaining Plodex from exploitation, and, perhaps more importantly, protect the rest of the world from any remaining Plodex lurking about... That would be a pretty huge upgrade, for her.

Plus I wonder if 'death did them part,' or she's still technically Atlantean royalty...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Seems like a logical development for her. I kind of want her to take over a Master of the World type role, of being 'in charge', more or less, of the remaining Plodex on Earth (and their technology) and considering it her responsibility to keep that out of the hands of people like the Master, and to protect both the remaining Plodex from exploitation, and, perhaps more importantly, protect the rest of the world from any remaining Plodex lurking about... That would be a pretty huge upgrade, for her.

Plus I wonder if 'death did them part,' or she's still technically Atlantean royalty...
    I'd say she and Namor can be considered divorced. Especially after he killed her that second time. Gad, speaking of horrible stories... wtf, Fraction?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm leaning toward "control", given how we last saw Heather and some of Mac's previous judgment calls. This was not a great take, but also not out of character, so...

Yeeeah. Like I said, I don't think it was OOC for Mac, but that doesn't mean I want to see the worst facets of these characters on display, especially when it's likely to never be addressed again. I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the possibility of Brisson on an AF book after this.
    I was kind of disappointed. I wanted to see the team together again. The first two stories were cool enough. Nothing special but two character spotlights.
    This issue makes me wish Madison had married her instead.

BANNED

I have no idea how and why they made and decided to keep Heather Hudson a villain, unstable or tortured. It doesn't make sense to me.