View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I want Jonathan Hickman to do a scene where Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan are all sitting having coffee and being super mature about the past and just chatting with each other about how to organize everything on Krakoa properly. Then they all get up and go to work! I would love the irony of all the characters being more mature and grown up about this work of fiction relationship than everyone who posts on this forum.

Can't we all just get along? I feel this thread is an endless circle with the tail wagging the dog over and over and over.

I like Jean, Emma, Scott, and Logan, and I look forward to seeing them all involved in the Dawn of X stories at the same time going forward. It's refreshing that they are all finally alive at the same time again and hopefully we get to see some regular interaction between them going forward.
    As much as I share the sentiment, I have doubts of it happening.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

I think something like that could only happen if Emma starts banging regularly another man

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think something like that could only happen if Emma starts banging regularly another man
    I still have doubts. For a time, three of them were dead and it still existed. Marvel probably has a good idea of what they have here. I don't see them letting it go. The same for fans.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Scott didn’t had PTSD. It was never mentioned on the pages. You guys just like this headcanon, because it suits your narrative.
    Did you ever think that maybe Scott was too embarrassed, or felt he needed to maintain an illusion of strength, to bring it up?

PTSD Symptoms: (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20355967)

Negative changes in thinking and mood

Symptoms of negative changes in thinking and mood may include:

Negative thoughts about yourself, other people or the world
    Hopelessness about the future
    Memory problems, including not remembering important aspects of the traumatic event
    Difficulty maintaining close relationships
    Feeling detached from family and friends
    Lack of interest in activities you once enjoyed
    Difficulty experiencing positive emotions
    Feeling emotionally numb

The strongest argument against Scott having PTSD is that he's had PTSD symptoms basically his entire adult life.

I want Jonathan Hickman to do a scene where Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan are all sitting having coffee and being super mature about the past and just chatting with each other about how to organize everything on Krakoa properly. Then they all get up and go to work! I would love the irony of all the characters being more mature and grown up about this work of fiction relationship than everyone who posts on this forum.

Can't we all just get along? I feel this thread is an endless circle with the tail wagging the dog over and over and over.

I like Jean, Emma, Scott, and Logan, and I look forward to seeing them all involved in the Dawn of X stories at the same time going forward. It's refreshing that they are all finally alive at the same time again and hopefully we get to see some regular interaction between them going forward.
    I suspect you'll get what you, and most of us I suspect, want in this regard. Hickman specifically said he wants to put all the toys back on the shelf. That's what you're essentially asking for here.

BANNED

I don't understand how such a thing would make sense for the characters, nor do I get how it would contribute to dramatic storytelling.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-13-2019 at 05:42 PM.

BANNED

The most baffling thing about this thread are the Cyclops/Emma fans repeating the same cycle for the third goddamn time. You guys know who you're replying to, the posts have the exact same talking points and tone but boy, do we ever get tired.

I don't know why anybody bothers debating this because it honestly doesn't matter to the future of the X-Men, or to the future of these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I don't see how Scott how Scott prevents Jean from following a journey. He has any other X-men is here to support her. The X-men are a greta family, all the most important X-men are very close and always have to interact with each other. In some way they always will be attached to each other.

But don't mind me, just a shipper thoughts
    Jean is just back, she sould have the time to figure herself and the world around her, on her own. Scott always had the chance to get alone and do his own thing.
    Why Jean has to instantly go back to him? That is just bad for Jean and boring for the fans. I want she doing different things, like she never dated anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The most baffling thing about this thread are the Cyclops/Emma fans repeating the same cycle for the third goddamn time. You guys know who you're replying to, the posts have the exact same talking points and tone but boy, do we ever get tired.
    "Do you know the definition of insanity?.
    Is doing the exact same thing over and over again and wait for a different result"

-Vas, Far Cry 3

It feels like a proper quote for this
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean is just back, she sould have the time to figure herself and the world around her, on her own. Scott always had the chance to get alone and do his own thing.
    Why Jean has to instantly go back to him? That is just bad for Jean and boring for the fans. I want she doing different things, like she never dated anyone else.
    Woulnd't Red count as that?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Woulnd't Red count as that?.
    That i slike only 11 issues and she didn't dated anyone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    See. Now that's how you object properly.
    Fans were trained to not feel sorry for Jean. Recently that kiss from Uncanny #22 left some fans crying for Emma treatment. like were they were when Scott and Emma kissed on Jean's grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't understand how such a thing would make sense for the characters, not do I get how it would contribute to dramatic storytelling.
    That would be boring and that would erase both Emma and Scott crimes.

I don't agree.
    She can figure everything single, with Scott or someone else. Scott doesn't prevent that, if she was with other guy that would prevent it in the same way
    and Scott always was related to Jean even when she was dead, she was always part of his life and story

Jean and Scott haven't exactly gotten it easy, she is not getting instanly, if they were together tomorrow the fans of the pairing like me had to wait more than 14 years for that. Believe the wait has been eternal.

Not, it is not bad for Jean, you don't like their relationship and that is valid but it is not bad for her

I'm a Jean/Scott fan, I don't care for them daiting other people, it feels like a waste of time. I don't see how they have to date more people, that doesn't make them better. Superman is not better for dating people beyond Lois, not is Jessica Jones for not being with Luke Cage or Green Arrow and Black Canary.
    That doesn't make them better, it feels cheap to me. To reduce the characters to how many people they have been with or who they are dating.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-13-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Fans were trained to not feel sorry for Jean. Recently that kiss from Uncanny #22 left some fans crying for Emma treatment. like were they were when Scott and Emma kissed on Jean's grave?.
    To be fair Emma and Scott kissed over Jean's grave in private. There were no other people around. In the Uncanny issue, Scott and Jean kissed in front of everyone and rubbed it all in Emma's face.

I don't think fans were trained to not feel sorry for Jean. She had a miniseries come out all about her pain, and we got Phoenix Endsong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    "Do you know the definition of insanity?.
    Is doing the exact same thing over and over again and wait for a different result"

-Vas, Far Cry 3

It feels like a proper quote for this
    I wish it was just that, but it's worse LMAO
    It's more like doing the same thing, but thinking you're doing it differently because you think it's a different thing entirely.

I'll be honest, I was about to reply to a post and then it clicked. "Oh, I've seen that before. I've seen that exact thing before, twice, and didn't recognize the third". I'm embarrassed.

Just to make sure I'm not being too OT, I've already expressed my feelings on the matter extensively. Scott's feelings for Jean are amongst his biggest weaknesses. He can't get over her and this always gets in the way of having a 100% good development. The ideal thing would be to allow him to get over her, but I guess Claremont killed the potential for that forever when he created Madelyne. Oh well.

On the affair topic, it's hard to quantify blame. Scott is guilty for cheating on his wife. Emma is guilty because she did it with the clear purpose of screwing with Jean. Jean is an ******* for kissing Logan instead of preparing for the divorce. Not in any way guilty for the affair, however.