Page 39 of 233 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think the usual suspects gave it the bad reviews but when Ruby Rose was announced Gay Twitter kind of had this reaction.

CW: We're doing a Batwoman show.

Gay Twitter: Yes!

CW: We're casting a lesbian lead to play Kate.

CW: We cast Ruby Rose.

Gay Twitter: Wait let's talk about this because we just got monkey pawed.
    Yes the SJW side has never gotten beaten so badly in the review wars before there has to be a reason they are not showing up for Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    While it's true that the majority of the bad faith 'reviews' are by bigots, the last time I a took a scan through, a number of them are (sometimes additionally) hating on the following:
    • Ruby Rose's acting
    • Ruby Rose's body-mass and/or overall physique
    • Ruby Rose's accent
    • Ruby Rose's hair
    • Ruby Rose's clothing
    • Ruby Rose not being Jewish
    • Ruby Rose's tattoos
    • Ruby Rose "ruining" Batwoman
    • The Trailers
    • Caroline Dries
    • Greg Berlanti
    • The CW
    • DC Comics
    • Warner Brothers
    • Alice
    • Supergirl
    • Justin Beiber
    • Catwoman
    • Batgirl
    • IMDB's rating system
    I hate Justin Beiber as much as the next guy, but it seems odd to complain about him in a Batwoman review.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Yes on another site where I lurk a poster who is a lesbian and loves White Canary was hammering her acting worse than anyone else there. That makes me think people who would normally support the show are not that enthusiastic.
    You should post a picture of Caity with her boyfriend just to **** with them.

Yes the SJW side has never gotten beaten so badly in the review wars before there has to be a reason they are not showing up for Batwoman.
    Because most people don't review the shows they watch.

But they're showing up where it matters. The viewership ratings have been good.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Meh, even if it wasn't for Ruby Rose, this isn't Star Wars or an MCU movie. It's a CW show, not many people would have reviewed it, anyway.

But, oh boy, 2973 reviews on RT in just three days. This show really got them "triggered". It's kind of funny. In a sad kind of way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Because most people don't review the shows they watch.

But they're showing up where it matters. The viewership ratings have been good.
    They showed up for Ghostbusters and it is no harder to review 1 episode than 1 movie. Every episode sure but just the premiere should be no problem.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Oh, they can, they just have to mistake her for Batgirl or Catwoman.
    Then the blame is still on them for not bothering to learn anything about the character.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I hate Justin Beiber as much as the next guy, but it seems odd to complain about him in a Batwoman review.
    There is a long history of the two being compared (Ruby Rose and Justin Bieber). Plus, a line of Dialogue in OITNB where Ruby's character gets referred to as Justin Bieber. They don't actually look alike, they just have a similar fashion sense, and are friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-turns-25.html

https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebri...by-rose-twins/

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You should post a picture of Caity with her boyfriend just to **** with them.
    I don't know why so many LGBTQ trolls have it in for RR, but it's stupid.

On another note, the people complaining about White Canary and Thunder, being supposedly overlooked, as being gay superhero's on TV first are petty. Thunder is not the lead character, and White Canary is bi, not lesbian (and part of an ensemble) - but the articles calling Batwoman "the first lesbian superhero lead" seem to have caused them to become outraged, instead of happy for more representation.

Also spotted some complaining Kate Kane is too similar to Alex Danvers, I wonder how many of them were the ones calling for Alex to become Batwoman years ago, and might be upset that Kate Kane has actually joined the Arrowverse:

https://www.inverse.com/article/2420...batwoman-dc-tv
    https://uk.blastingnews.com/showbiz-...79075.amp.html
    http://www.parentherald.com/articles...an-details.htm

https://www.thefandomentals.com/supe...t-be-batwoman/
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.

I liked the pilot, even though I wasn't blown away by it. It harkened back to early Arrow (and is clearly setting up a standard CW superhero-type cast of characters), which is good considering how much Arrow borrowed from Batman (particularly Nolan) but not so great because I remember liking Black Lightning's pilot because it was so different.

I'll wait and see how the show finds its identity, so I can say I'm looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So, will she get the keys to the batmobile?
    Didn't someone mention she was driving the Batmobile in Elseworlds?

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think the biggest change they've made here is how close Kate is to Bruce and just how much they've tied her story to Batman's. In the comics, to my knowledge, while Kate and Bruce were distant cousins, they weren't particularly close. Kate decided to become Batman simply because of an encounter she once had with Batman, and did so not knowing that he is her cousin. All her equipment and her costume was developed by her father, and she pretty much operated completely independently of the rest of the Bat-family. Here on the other hand, Kate and Bruce were really close (to the extent that its mentioned that Kate and her sister were Bruce's "only living family"), Kate sets up shop in the Batcave, and literally wears a modified Batsuit! I guess they want to mirror the connection that Kara has to Clark over on Supergirl, and it is an excuse to continue name-dropping Bruce...only time will tell how much this dependence on the Batman mythos will work for the show.
    I think it makes sense to streamline her origin this way. I mean, the comics had a fully active Batman running around, but here, we have Kate as part of his direct legacy trying to save the city Batman lost.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm fine with them leaving it open-ended why Bruce left Gotham, but in my head canon right now, I'm going to imagine it's because he found out about Damian and had go get him away from Ra's or something. If this show goes on long enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce comes back with Damian and decides to go raise Damian away from Gotham, feeling that the city is in good hands with Kate. In the Nolan movies Bruce walked away as well, so it's not totally outside of how he's been depicted.
    Given how much of the Al Ghul family we saw on Arrow, it would be awkward to retcon in Damian's existence.

Yes on another site where I lurk a poster who is a lesbian and loves White Canary was hammering her acting worse than anyone else there. That makes me think people who would normally support the show are not that enthusiastic.
    Where are the Kate/Sara shippers?! Come on, people.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Didn't someone mention she was driving the Batmobile in Elseworlds?
    Nope, Barry asks if they can have a ride in the Batmobile. There was no confirmation that she has access to it, and I doubt they'd have the budget for one anyway, plus Kate uses a motorbike in the comics. I suspect that the batcave she has access to is a spare, and not the main cave that would be at Wayne Manor.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Did they change the relationship between Kate and her dad?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Did they change the relationship between Kate and her dad?
    Kind of?

In the comics, her dad, after she gets kicked out of West Point, basically helps train her to become a vigilante. Independent to Batman, but with a similar cause.

Here, he still sends her out to train, but she first dons the cowl independent of him.

Other than that detail, the two are still close. Though, daddy Kane has a private security firm.

Also of note, she now has a step-sister, who seems to be the Caitlin Snow/Leslie Thompkins of the show. They don't seem to be too close, but no animosity either.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think the usual suspects gave it the bad reviews but when Ruby Rose was announced Gay Twitter kind of had this reaction.

CW: We're doing a Batwoman show.

CW: We're casting a lesbian lead to play Kate.

CW: We cast Ruby Rose.

Gay Twitter: Wait let's talk about this because we just got monkey pawed.
    I wasn't aware of the hate for her. To be honest, her name wouldn't have registered with me before this year.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wasn't aware of the hate for her. To be honest, her name wouldn't have registered with me before this year.
    It was weird she even commented on it because she was called "Not Gay Enough" whatever the hell that meant.

3443 reviews. This is ridiculous. Even Games of Thrones didn't have this many reviews after episode 1. Even now, eight years after, it stands on just above 6000.

Wonder if people who defend it, saying "arrowverse is just more popular now" are genuinely stupid or are happy with the trolling.

Oh, they can, they just have to mistake her for Batgirl or Catwoman.
    Never mind that Catwoman in the comic books is officially bisexual.

3443 reviews. This is ridiculous. Even Games of Thrones didn't have this many reviews after episode 1. Even now, eight years after, it stands on just above 6000.

Wonder if people who defend it, saying "arrowverse is just more popular now" are genuinely stupid or are happy with the trolling.
    Meanwhile the first episode of Flash for this season has 16 reviews. And even Supergirl, which tends to generate more hate, only has 44 for this season.