Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Hallelujah, idk how she has stayed looking the same in the future lol, but idc I see her in Future State, and I'm happy she's involved.

Idk if the Warner Bros thing is true but there was always that rumor about them looking to do something with the character so I'm here for that.

Edit: the source of that movie rumor is very reliable ...whether it comes to fruition is another story.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-15-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Hallelujah, idk how she has stayed looking the same in the future lol, but idc I see her in Future State, and I'm happy she's involved.

Idk if the Warner Bros thing is true but there was always that rumor about them looking to do something with the character so I'm here for that.

Edit: the source of that movie rumor is very reliable ...whether it comes to fruition is another story.

she has a cover?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The new look and book might be for Future State in March.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    she has a cover?
    No she appears in two of the images for a Future State comic, I'm just happy they're doing something with her.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The new look and book might be for Future State in March.
    In Future State she's in her Rebirth costume, but a book of some kind for the regular main line is looking likely.

This is what I'm talking about guys:

My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Doesn't she look kind of light-skinned compared to Power Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really didn't notice but it's not a big deal as long as she still looks black(feature wise). Lightskinned Africans exist.

No she appears in two of the images for a Future State comic, I'm just happy they're doing something with her.

In Future State she's in her Rebirth costume, but a book of some kind for the regular main line is looking likely.

This is what I'm talking about guys:

Nice to see Power girl back. I wonder how Wallace and Wade will react to this. Is this from an article?

meh, comics remain horribly inconsistent with black skin tones; nothing new there. it's almost a small miracle they're including her in this initiative, so I guess it's a tolerable shortcoming. I wish characters like her, Black Lightning, and Mr. Terrific could have had a bigger hand but there is only so much they were gonna be able (or willing) to do with this concept in the time frame allotted.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    meh, comics remain horribly inconsistent with black skin tones; nothing new there. it's almost a small miracle they're including her in this initiative, so I guess it's a tolerable shortcoming. I wish characters like her, Black Lightning, and Mr. Terrific could have had a bigger hand but there is only so much they were gonna be able (or willing) to do with this concept in the time frame allotted.
    I know X-Fans complain about it with Storm and other characters all the time.

yeah, I think because of the contrast between Storms dark skin and her light eyes & hair that it's more noticeable when they lighten her tone, but it's honestly a problem with almost all black heroes at the big two. personally I think there needs to be character bibles at DC and Marvel that include exact color codes for the black characters skin tone or at least something that will say "this character is this complexion, that character is darker than this complexion, and these other characters are lighter than those characters' complexion". something to keep it consistent and avoid lightening them up because x, y, or z editor or colorist favors a lighter shade of brown.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 02:29 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll say Storm gets more corrective coloring than Vixen which is why Storm doesn't get away with lighter coloring as opposed to Vixen who gets lighter coloring every other issue she appears in. Plus Storm has a bigger fanbase and they are very vocal so Marvel hears them.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    yeah, I think because of the contrast between Storms dark skin and her light eyes & hair that it's more noticeable when they lighter tone, but it's honestly a problem with almost all black heroes at the big two. personally I think there needs to be character bibles at DC and Marvel that include exact color codes for the black characters skin tone or at least something that will say "this character is this complexion, that character is darker than this complexion, and these other characters are lighter than those characters' complexion". something to keep it consistent and avoid lightening them up because x, y, or z editor or colorist favors a lighter shade of brown.

It's easier for Storm to look white with her hair and eyes too. Just a few shades up and she looks like a white character with a tan.

As long as Vixen has her afro you can tell she's still black.

Nice to see Power girl back. I wonder how Wallace and Wade will react to this. Is this from an article?
    This came from the Den of Geek article: https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/loo...mpression=true

I really didn't notice but it's not a big deal as long as she still looks black(feature wise). Lightskinned Africans exist.
    It's true that light-skinned Africans exist, but Vixen has been shown to have darker skin than that, even in her very first official appearances in 1978/1981.

Her skin in these panels looks darker to me than what we see in the preview pages for Future State:

panel.jpg

Vixen, would you like for your skin to be portrayed as darker from now on?

yesvixen.JPG
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-16-2020 at 04:12 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Were there any issues where She actually shape-shifted into animals?