Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Bendis' LOSH and a Gold Lantern!?

Anyone liking Bendis on Legion of Super-Heroes? And has anyone else heard about a Gold Lantern? What part of the "emotional spectrum" is gold? lol

Extraordinary Member

*sniff*

No Rainbow Girl then?

Connecting her to the emotional spectrum is something I had hope to be explored more.

You know when you feel like a million bucks? That's gold baby, that's gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    What part of the "emotional spectrum" is gold? lol
    laziness i mean Bendisness

Extraordinary Member

Still no Infrared Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Still no Infrared Lanterns.

I want Gamma Ray Lantern!

So, in a serious answer, from what I've read the emotional spectrum for the Gold Lantern is Joy. They probably won't say 100% until he shows up on the comic, though.

I also don't know why this is getting hate but I can't remember people getting worked up when Snyder made an Ultraviolet Lantern. I guess Snyder has earned more faith with fans (although I personally fail to see why) so they don't insta-hate like with Bendis.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Infrared Lanterns = disgust

I’m interested but really only because I’ve always thought it odd in some iterations of the Legion the lantern corps were just not involved, though I understand back then it was really only the green lanterns and I guess sinestro with his yellow ring. However, now there’s like 9 or 10 (depending on if we count White, Black, and Ultra Violet) I would have to assume that at least one iteration or variant would survive 1000 years in the future.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-18-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I also don't know why this is getting hate but I can't remember people getting worked up when Snyder made an Ultraviolet Lantern. I guess Snyder has earned more faith with fans (although I personally fail to see why) so they don't insta-hate like with Bendis.
    As for me personally, I'm going into this with a negative feeling, although not as deep as hate. One of the problems with Bendis' Legion is the reliance on current-day DC concepts like Robin, Thorn, Aquaman's trident, etc. Another color in the emotional spectrum is an idea I'd rather see in the Lantern book(s), at least in the 21st century.

As for an infra-red lantern, there is no way an ultra-violet lantern gets written without an infra-red one as well. The phrase "That's Hot" - Paris Hilton would go on the first cover.

Maybe Gold Lantern has Gold Pass unlimited access to all the emotional spectrum?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Lantern overload. The uniqueness of the Green Lantern is now feeling very diluted since the Spectrum explosion a decade ago now.
    It's not even the same as having a Superman/woman/girl/boy (insert Bat equivalents). An entire Corps of thousands is a bit much at this point for all the colors(except Orange).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It'd be funny if "Gold" was just yellow, but Gold Lantern doesn't want to be associated with the Sinestro Corps.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Lantern overload. The uniqueness of the Green Lantern is now feeling very diluted since the Spectrum explosion a decade ago now.
    It's not even the same as having a Superman/woman/girl/boy (insert Bat equivalents). An entire Corps of thousands is a bit much at this point for all the colors(except Orange).
    Not really. ever since the silver age Green Lantern has had the "one of many," theme written into to the characters core. Hal is the greatest Lantern, but he has never been close to unique in the way most heroes are. Most heroes are the result of unique circumstances. Last survivor of an alien culture, (Superman , Martian Manhunter) unique creation (old school Wonderwoman and Cyborg) result of rare lab experiment. GL's origin is quite different to the others, and lends itself to having a multitude of other Lanterns.

BANNED

I do not appreciate Gold Lantern because he is a visual rip off of the character Zatswan.

This adds insult to injury because Bendis has what looks to be a racebent Lightning Lad who steals one of Zatswan's most identifying physical attributes, which is being a black man with an eye that is one color, and another that is a different color.

I think this pretty cheap and disappointing, because Zatswan was specifically designed not to look like 98% of other black men in comics, who more or less all look the same with the only difference among them sometimes being a bald head and facial hair. Yet, it seems Zatswan's identifying attributes are being taken and divvied up between Bendis' new black guys.

I mean, his Miles Morales character is mixed. He had an opportunity to create a different looking character, but he defaulted to that generic black guy look. Yet, now, after Zatswan, he's doing this!?

It's pretty strange to me, and it's not like I'm on the look out for things like this, but when I see them, I do notice.