Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Venditti will do a tie-in arc where Carter remembers when he and Shiera were on the JSA.
    That would be pretty awesome.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Venditti will do a tie-in arc where Carter remembers when he and Shiera were on the JSA.
    That would be pretty awesome.
    Depending on how much of the JSA's past history they keep, Shiera may not have been a member of the JSA.
    (I don't think she was technically acknowledged as a member until either Roy Thomas' Last Days of the Justice Society or the 1992-93 Justice Society of America series.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depending on how much of the JSA's past history they keep, Shiera may not have been a member of the JSA.
    (I don't think she was technically acknowledged as a member until either Roy Thomas' Last Days of the Justice Society or the 1992-93 Justice Society of America series.)
    Exactly.

Before we take to the streets with singing and dancing, we should see what JSA is going be presented to us.

Astonishing Member

I must admit I trust Snyder on JSA more than I do Bendis on Legion. American Vampire was a favorite read of mine can't really think of anything Bendis has done that I would ever say that about.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Now people can stop panicking. JSA was always going to make a comeback. But fans don’t know patience
    I've spent the past 25 years waiting for the return of my favorite superheroes. I know a thing or two about patience.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That's the million dollar question!

I don't think Hawkman's Rebirth history has been fully clarified yet. Venditti has done a great job expanding on his mythos and giving him a new origin that sort of encompasses all the previous disparate versions of the character. But we've barely got to know what Carter Hall's history as Hawkman currently looks like. Did he debut during the Justice League era or during WW2? How much of past Hawkman continuity is still intact? And where exactly does Katar Hol fit in?

The way Venditti's run has shaped up, and given Doomsday Clock revelations, here are the likely possibilities:

1. JSA Carter is a past life of Rebirth Carter. In the 'correct' timeline, he became Hawkman in 1940 and was part of the JSA. After Manhattan tampered with history, he didn't become Hawkman, died at some point, and was eventually reincarnated as the current version of Carter Hall who became Hawkman at some point in the last 15 years. Its possible that Rebirth Carter remembers the 'original' version of this particular past life given recent developments in his series.

2. Manhattan's changes tampered with Carter's history and 'brought him forward' in time, much like how Superman's origins kept getting brought forward in time by various timeline-altering events. Carter's history was altered such that, in this particular life, instead of being born in the 1910's, he was born around 35-40 years ago, and made his debut as Hawkman decades later. JSA Carter is thus essentially a previous timeline version of Rebirth Carter - much like the Golden Age Superman now is to Rebirth Superman.
    Oh good. My Hawkman migraines had settled down for a moment there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I haven't read Metal yet, so I may be wrong about this, but at this point, I'm not sure if Shiera i.e. the Golden Age incarnation of Hawkgirl, exists in Rebirth continuity.

Kendra does, but does her past life as Shiera exist in current continuity as of now?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I must admit I trust Snyder on JSA more than I do Bendis on Legion. American Vampire was a favorite read of mine can't really think of anything Bendis has done that I would ever say that about.
    I like Snyder well enough and I think, for all his faults, I have more faith in him revamping the JSA then I do Legion.

The only thing is the JSA isn't as high-concept as some of the other stuff Snyder has done, so I'm kind of curious to see what he does with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Well Bleedingcool did state around rebirth it would be the original team young again in the present from the past
    Ugh to this idea. How would this be any different than another Justice :League book. The concept takes away anything that differentiates the JSA from the JL or any other superhero team. And what was in mind at the time of Rebirth has seemingly gone through many changes since then.

I'm convinced there's a lot more to this than we've seen and that what the plan is today (14 June 2019) won't be what actually happens. Granted, Snyder may be the writer and the appearance of a past JSA might be effectively carved in stone, but if we remember the rotating concepts and facets of the Earth 2 cluster**** of series, a preliminary concept can change.

I'm glad something is coming out. I remain convinced there were multiple sets of ideas about a JSA return even as far back as Flashpoint. It would be nice if DC would actually let a writer put on their big person pants and write as aopposed to an editorially dictated direction to fit in with the crossover of the season. As to my confidence, I'm withholding judgment until I actually see a book.

Not only do I want the original team back in their prime I want the Golden Age Wonder Woman Back! The team always seems to incomplete without her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Not only do I want the original team back in their prime I want the Golden Age Wonder Woman Back! The team always seems to incomplete without her.
    This is not that team.

A JSA on its own earth can have its own Wonder Woman.

A JSA sharing an earth with a JLA cannot.

I agree the team feels incomplete…but I’d rather that than the mess of trying to replace her.

Finally! It’s great to see Wesley Dodd’s the Sandman as part of it. Looking forward to this.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Ted Knight will be killed by Lex Luthor

I wonder how many JSAers will be killed this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post

You mean a Zero Hour all over again?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post

Bringing Ted back after a decade plus absence only to have him killed in a big-@$$ "event" when he had a much more dramatic death scene back in Robinson's Starman series is truly sad and pathetic.