Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wolfman admitted to not liking Wally on multiple accounts, which is why he made him the dissenting/whining voice about the team's antics. I don't think Perez has said anything negative about Wally.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    God I hope DC doesn't go that way.
    It's my pet peeve about Marvel. I have NO idea where I am on ANY book they publish anymore.
    Relaunch after relaunch made it impossible to keep up - so I just gave up.
    It's annoying as hell.. but they do it because it works. Number 1's just.. sell better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    1. It was the end of Wally in the Teen Titans (did he ever come back in that run?) I think in the forward of the TPB that Perez or Wolfman even said they disliked Wally, thought he was to powerful, and that was why he was written out. Someone can correct me if I am incorrect on this.

2. I found the story to be rather bloated, long, and not interesting.

3. We are led to believe that Deathstroke and Tara, who is clearly underage, have a physical relationship...............really creepy.

4. Tara is so unlikable that I don't know how the Titans did not see her betrayal coming and I was actively rooting for one of them to kill her. Horrible character!
    What do you think of the adaptations of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    More Wally is always good.

Though on an unrelated note, Tucker mentioned the Kid Flash in the Teen Titans: Judas Contract flashback was Barry and that Wally was never going to exist in those movies. So it could mean Wally really will get phased out when it comes to outside adaptations in the future.
    The Nu52 movies are done now and Didio & co. are gone now. I think Wally will appear in future adaptations.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wolfman admitted to not liking Wally on multiple accounts, which is why he made him the dissenting/whining voice about the team's antics. I don't think Perez has said anything negative about Wally.
    He said, it was stupid having a speedster on the team as you wouldn't need anyone else as it'd all be over by the time the rest of the team got there.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    He said, it was stupid having a speedster on the team as you wouldn't need anyone else as it'd all be over by the time the rest of the team got there.
    I mean I guess he's right but at the same time Wallys speed can't solve every problem.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

The Flash #772

story by Jeremy Adams
    art by Will Conrad
    cover by Brandon Peterson
    ON SALE: 7/20/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by Brett Booth
    US $4.99

Leaving past mistakes behind and racing into the future, Wally West returns as Central City’s Scarlet Speedster!
    Now reunited with his wife, Linda, and their two children, the former Kid Flash begins a new chapter in his life. But Wally quickly remembers that saving lives and fighting super-villains may make him a hero, but they don’t pay the bills. Luckily, an old friend may have just the right job for this blue-collar champion.

Weirdest freaking time to post Solicits but... yeah.. here we go. Wally's back in the Present as the Flash with Linda and Jai and Irey but he HAS TO GET A NEW JOB! And I guess Heatwave is gonna be pulling something.

Oh and I guess Will Conrad is our interior artist now that were done with the back and forth of artist to give each place in time it's own style? Or Petersons taking a break who knows.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-24-2021 at 01:08 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    [IMG]
    Weirdest freaking time to post Solicits but... yeah.. here we go. Wally's back in the Present as the Flash with Linda and Jai and Irey but he HAS TO GET A NEW JOB! And I guess Heatwave is gonna be pulling something.
    Wally West: the fastest FireFigther alive. Guarantees at least 80% of your house in an unburnt state, or there's no fee"

Those 2 would make a killing!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I spent a hot minute looking at that cover and wondering how Spider Jeruselam got into the DCU.

Why back to Central City and not Keystone though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why back to Central City and not Keystone though.
    The entire conceit is Barry is not there.

Oh and I guess Will Conrad is our interior artist now that were done with the back and forth of artist to give each place in time it's own style? Or Petersons taking a break who knows.
    I hope Will Conrad can be the artist of this series for good. I don't like Peterson's art and think it doesn't match well with the Flash.

And Conrad did an awesome Job in Nightwing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Flash #772

story by Jeremy Adams
    art by Will Conrad
    cover by Brandon Peterson
    ON SALE: 7/20/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by Brett Booth
    US $4.99

Leaving past mistakes behind and racing into the future, Wally West returns as Central City’s Scarlet Speedster!
    Now reunited with his wife, Linda, and their two children, the former Kid Flash begins a new chapter in his life. But Wally quickly remembers that saving lives and fighting super-villains may make him a hero, but they don’t pay the bills. Luckily, an old friend may have just the right job for this blue-collar champion.

Maybe Wally could try to reform Heatwave? His Arrowverse counterpart is a hero now, after all.

I wonder who the old friend is that offers him work? Maybe it's Jesse? I would imagine since her return she probably re-established her company, if the changes caused by Death Metal's ending didn't restore it anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Looking forward to this!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Nu52 movies are done now and Didio & co. are gone now. I think Wally will appear in future adaptations.
    In the new animated universe they are doing it looks like we will be getting Wallace and not Wally