Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mondo Amara and Krakoa are in charge of waste disposal , recycling, incineration, etc. Black Tom should be recruited as groundskeeper. Bobby, Ororo & Idie do HVAC.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I remember right before the Legion Quest Storyline that went into AOA, there was a promotional sidebook that had a list of courses offered at the school listing certain X-men at the time as instructors. Off the head i remember a course described as trans spatial transportation for teleporters that had Nightcrawler and Cable as instructors.I think i remember a flight instructor course that had Storm and Angel as instructors.
    That promo had a few courses featuring X-men at the time teaching various types of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Jean is a waitress. She works HARD for the money, so hard for it honey.
    Well, if it’s a waitress you need you’d be better off looking up Wind Dancer. Sofia’s got way more experience at it than Jean. Twice the hash slung in half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Cyclops works for a power plant. He sits in front of a turbine, opens his eyes, and the percussive force that emits from them spins the turbine that generates electricity for the city. Free clean energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Well, if it’s a waitress you need you’d be better off looking up Wind Dancer. Sofia’s got way more experience at it than Jean. Twice the hash slung in half the time.
    Wind Dancer? Isn't she an M-Day victim?

BANNED

I'm pretty sure surge was the waitress

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    more than one character can be a waitress

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I don’t recall Surge ever being a waitress. Noriko does NOT have the temperament to work in the food service industry.

Sofia was a waitress in the Kevin Grevioux New Warriors series.

I don’t recall Surge ever being a waitress. Noriko does NOT have the temperament to work in the food service industry.

Sofia was a waitress in the Kevin Grevioux New Warriors series.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well color me shocked. How were there not forks in every eyeball?

Although it does make sense. Outside of superheroing many of the X-men aren’t really qualified to do much else.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 01-08-2018 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

Although it does make sense. Outside of superheroing many of the X-men aren’t really qualified to do much else.
    Nori worked at the Grind Stone to pay off Luna DePaula for breaking in when she was a homeless druggie.

BANNED

She didn't last that much, Cyclops made her leader of the New X kids and the rest is history

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Doesn't Hank make cash off his inventions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd honestly like to see more attention paid to what the X-Men do outside of superheroics. I mean, Laura and Gabby have their apartment all paid for by the residents of Roosevelt Island, but does that cover utilities and food? The idea of seeing the X-Men working mundane day jobs appeals to me.
    I just got this hilarious image of Laura working as a cashier bored out her mind..."paper or plastic." Lol. I'd read a one shot of what the X-Men do for money.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    X-Men have always been independently wealthy. It's probably better that way(to maintain status quo marginally analogous to our real world in the Marvel Universe. If mutants really tried applying their powers economically, they'd destroy this fiat currency backed nonsense in no time. Free energy, revolutions in transportation, psychology/psychotherapy, medicine, language training, manufacturing/information management, weather control, sustainability through direct interface with nature. It would be too far for most people. Or what, do you really want to see Cyclops serving drinks, Jean Grey as a waitress? Oh no, Storm's heat is going to be turned off if she doesn't pay her electric bill this month! Please.
    This is basically the second arc of Brian Wood's run on Ultimate X-Men. The X-Men come up with a sentient seed that adjusts to it's surroundings and it will end world hunger. People start freaking out lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm okay with the jobs, but as related to the overall purpose. Being X-Men and mutants doesn't mix well for a 9 to 5, especially for the ones that can't hide being a mutant.

Iceman was a math teacher at the school. That's what he used his CPA for. Storm is a retired pickpocket, who luckily, doesn't have to steal her meals now and got stuck in administration for a while (I'd rather face the Shadow King.). Reyes and Beast are both doctors. Kitty, at one time, was supposed to be some kind of computer whiz, so maybe she works out network issues in the school's systems. Kurt is the mechanic, a pilot and was the school medic (nurse?) for awhile, way back when. Maybe Colossus teaches art classes. Jubilee appears to be the babysitter/den mother on staff, at the moment.

Several of the X-Men have ventured out to try and lead normal lives...those that could. Kitty (more than once), Bobby, Reyes never signed on to start with, Gambit, Cyclops. I'm sure there are plenty more, they just (understandably) go on hiatus from the pages when they do, aside from the occasional guest appearance or mention.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 01-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.