Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

We all know why you love Schism, White. We see how Cyclops is written.

BANNED

He is right on the mark when he's talking about Decimation, a decision that the books arguably still haven't recovered from. His BotA answer was very candid too.

Please tell me that Bachalo is coming back. I'll even accept him being wasted on Ethan Sacks' Weapon Plus book.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This Jean looks so good, I wonder from where this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan White
    To me, having mutantkind reduced to 198 people means they are not a minority anymore, they are a statistical zero. Hating and fearing mutants goes from being small-minded to nonsensical–you will never meet one, there are less than 200 in the world. It would be like hating left-handed people from Europe with the middle name Stefan–there are probably a few out there, but wasting your time thinking about them is silly.
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think that is from that Wolverine story in the current Marvel Comics Present.

Also, i responded to your message, but your inbox is full.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-03-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nitpicking but there weren’t only 198 mutants left, those were the only mutants that got catalogued. There were still an upwards of 300-400 mutants left. And the hate didn’t mostly come from regular citizens, it came mostly from Stryker and the Purifiers who felt that this was a sign from God that mutants weren’t the next step in evolution and needed to be exterminated and smaller numbers meant an easier job. In fact, humans still had roughly the same attitude towards mutants that they did pre-Decimation.
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.

Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel Comics Presents, which is hitting the '90s this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool teaser is new? Uncanny Deadpool is back? Would love him on X-Force or some X team. Would love to see more Gambit/Deadpool stories.
    I think that's Salva Espin art from X-Tracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Looks like "Deadpool vs Silver Surfer" or something like that.

Agree with his thoughts on Decimation. Pretty interesting interview, I like reading his thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is strange to read "There are so few that racism is not justified", as if before, well, there were so many mutants that one can explain that they hate them.
    Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.

"If you put a story out that is just the X-MEN: X-TRAPOLATION mini-series, you can feel free to have the main characters be Cyclops, Storm and Boom-Boom."

dOn'T tEaSe mE wItH tHiS!!!

Much love and respect to our benevolent senior editor, JDW.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, the ever growing population of mutants during Morrison and the expansion of mutant counterculture becoming mainstream culture was the whole reason they were becoming more accepted. The majority won’t stop hating the minority just because the minority gets....smaller. But I guess I wouldn’t expect him to understand exactly how racism operates.
    They aren't a minority at that point though. If there are only 300-400 worldwide, they're practically an endangered tribe. He's right that mutants are mostly irrelevant at that point. My old middle school had more people than that. They're a statistical irrelevancy