Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hard to say how many. Not a huge number. More than 10, likely less than 100. But its uncertain. They breed by incubating in the cores of planets. Fun fact, Galactus actually eats these planets with gestating celestial as a form of culling the population so they don't go rampant.

The gap is probably not huge. Even a "weak" celestial is a potent reality warper. Probably the really tough guys (Arishem or Exitar, maybe Dreaming Celestial) are... 3x? 5x as powerful as the weak? Hard to say.

Yeah, especially Odin. Odins first encounter with a celestial was disastrous. He was channeling extra power from Zeus and Vishnu and tossed a bolt at Arishem. Didn't do a thing. Celestial turned around and threatened to destroy the various skyfather gateways to their respective realms. So Odin surrendered.

Fast forward 1000 years, Odin has forged the Destroyer Armor and has his Odinsword. He (and every other Asgardian soul) crammed into the Destroyer as it swelled up to several thousand feet in height. He chops a celestial arm off, which was cool (ultimately useless, dude just regenerate it) but then was literally turned into molten slag by the rest of them.
    So, it sounds like Odin got smacked by Arishem, which is the strongest among them. How would Odin do against the weakest without the whole group intervening ?

Is the weakest Celestial a confirmed Galaxy buster? Or do they get by on weird reality warping stuff instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    So, it sounds like Odin got smacked by Arishem, which is the strongest among them. How would Odin do against the weakest without the whole group intervening ?

Is the weakest Celestial a confirmed Galaxy buster? Or do they get by on weird reality warping stuff instead?
    Its reality warping more than straight up exploding, yeah. But slagging 2000 foot destroyer armor or threatening to shatter 3 dimensional portals at once is beyond galaxy busting imo.

Like... lets say channeling Vishnu and Zues' extra power doubled Odins attack strength against Arishem. It still did literally nothing so...

I figure Odin can probably cause some small level of visible damage to the weakest celestial (little crack or stress fracture in the armor plating) but ultimately it wouldn't TRULY hurt the Celestial. Just cosmetic.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Arby.

I hope you mentioned Galactus' "**** you Mephisto I'm just going to eat your dimension", debacle.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arby.

I hope you mentioned Galactus' "**** you Mephisto I'm just going to eat your dimension", debacle.
    I am ashamed to say, I neglected to mention it. Please show merciful forgiveness Squid God.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I am ashamed to say, I neglected to mention it. Please show merciful forgiveness Squid God.
    "I am Galactus, I do what I do." is probably one of his best quotes.

It's also another instance of Mephisto backing down like the wuss that he is.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Its reality warping more than straight up exploding, yeah. But slagging 2000 foot destroyer armor or threatening to shatter 3 dimensional portals at once is beyond galaxy busting imo.

Like... lets say channeling Vishnu and Zues' extra power doubled Odins attack strength against Arishem. It still did literally nothing so...

I figure Odin can probably cause some small level of visible damage to the weakest celestial (little crack or stress fracture in the armor plating) but ultimately it wouldn't TRULY hurt the Celestial. Just cosmetic.
    It has taken less than Odin to crack a Celestial's armor. But you are right. That doesn't actually hurt them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It has taken less than Odin to crack a Celestial's armor. But you are right. That doesn't actually hurt them at all.
    Fair. I mean, even Galactus gets scrapes and dents here and there from Bill and so on. Doesn't actually affect them.
    - big_adventure

Yeah, Thor did it. I mean, he broke Mjolnir doing so and the Celestial (Exitar, I think) didn’t even notice him, but he put a crack in the armour.

Spectacular Member

Invisible Woman did it once, as I recall.

How would the Celestials fare against the post-retcon Beyonders race?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    Invisible Woman did it once, as I recall.
    That was more of a silver bullet situation. Her powers were super effective because they were derived from the same source as the Celestials.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Beyonder treats everyone like dirt.

The guy killed Death by poisoning her.

There's at least 20 NAMED Celestials.
    Actually the Beyonder just basically said go away, you no longer exist.