Page 1093 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9359399310431083108910901091109210931094109510961097110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,395 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

If he weren't in NXT, Adam Cole could work. Not only is he great in the ring, but he's charismatic and can cut really gold promos.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If he weren't in NXT, Adam Cole could work. Not only is he great in the ring, but he's charismatic and can cut really gold promos.
    I don't see why not Cole. Other NXT guys like Austin Theory and Bianca got panicked called to the main roster when they needed bodies. They can do the same for Cole.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see why not Cole. Other NXT guys like Austin Theory and Bianca got panicked called to the main roster when they needed bodies. They can do the same for Cole.
    Bianca was kind of due. Theory was a panic pick up though.

I really don't believe in annointing any one person the Man in this era. This is anything can happen business. I would say you would have to push 10-15 people hard, so you always have matchups, and so people don't get bored. This is a consumer base that loves you until you become the king/queen, then they want to immediately dethrone you with the next favorite prince/princess.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 04-28-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cole and Undisputed are really needed on Smackdown. That show desperately needs something fresh.

I think the ideal butter zone for a call up is someone who is main roster ready, but also someone who has largely done everything they can in NXT and isn't involved in anything at the moment.

Cole obviousy is ready and has done everything there is to do... but I think the UE are somewhat the center piece of NXT at the moment. I don't think they will be called up until NXT has something ready to fill that void that the UE would leave.

But I do see the Undisputed Era on the main roster by next Wrestlemania at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's a great short term sollution in a pinch, but not someone you can or should position as THE guy moving foreward.
    Having your company based around one guy is a terrible business decision that always leads to disaster. They went all in with Hogan and it worked until he left and ratings tanked because they hadn't properly built Shawn or Bret yet. They banked hard on Brock in his first run and when he left they had to rely on past-their-prime WCW guys while they built Cena and Batista. Cena started leaving more and more so they jammed Roman in the role too early and it didn't take.

Meanwhile, look at the Attitude Era. Austin injured? You have The Rock. The Rock starting to take movie roles and gone for months at a time? You have Undertaker. Triple H. Kurt Angle. Foley. They had options there because they spent the time to build people up.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Having your company based around one guy is a terrible business decision that always leads to disaster. They went all in with Hogan and it worked until he left and ratings tanked because they hadn't properly built Shawn or Bret yet. They banked hard on Brock in his first run and when he left they had to rely on past-their-prime WCW guys while they built Cena and Batista. Cena started leaving more and more so they jammed Roman in the role too early and it didn't take.

Meanwhile, look at the Attitude Era. Austin injured? You have The Rock. The Rock starting to take movie roles and gone for months at a time? You have Undertaker. Triple H. Kurt Angle. Foley. They had options there because they spent the time to build people up.
    That is something you an give Vince Russo credit for.. as a booker he did a great job building up the whole roster rather than just 2-3 guys. Everyone had handles and storylines... he could push more people at once than anyone before or afterwards in the WWE. Course, it came at the cost of the actual wrestling... giving everyone in the lockerroom their own segments made good long quality matches an impossibility on TV at least. But at the time, the formula worked.

BUt certianly WWE is in a transition period where they need to build new stars now. Drew is doing pretty well on RAW, all things considered. Considering he had almost no build up prior to the Rumble, he's come off as a star. But I'm still waiting for a reason to give a damn about Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Bianca was kind of due. Theory was a panic pick up though.

I really don't believe in announcing anyone person the Man in this era. This is anything can happen business. I would say you would have to push 10-15 people hard, so you always have matchups, and so people don't get bored. This is a consumer base that loves you until you become the king/queen, then they want to immediately dethrone you with the next favorite prince/princess.
    That's not fair. That only happens because the WWE insists on changing what fans loved about those wrestlers and create what they believe a top face should be. Look at what they are doing with Drew at the moment. They are turning him into Cena. They got him recapping the previous shows, making jokes and outright burying his competition on the mic. These ain't the things that got Drew over as face. Seeing how they approached completely failed when they did it with Roman Reigns it boggles the mind that they are doing it again with Drew.

Extraordinary Member

That's not fair. That only happens because the WWE insists on changing what fans loved about those wrestlers and create what they believe a top face should be. Look at what they are doing with Drew at the moment. They are turning him into Cena. They got him recapping the previous shows, making jokes and outright burying his competition on the mic. These ain't the things that got Drew over as face. Seeing how they approached completely failed when they did it with Roman Reigns it boggles the mind that they are doing it again with Drew.
    Drew got pretty over between the Rumble and Mania, and he hasn't really changed since

Astonishing Member

Drew reminds me nothing of Cena. Nothing of Reigns either. He is cocky and sarcastic, but hardly a jokester. He isn't doing Romans cringe worthy promos. He is a pretty likable bad ass face. I haven't one of those on the WWE main roster in awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the ideal butter zone for a call up is someone who is main roster ready, but also someone who has largely done everything they can in NXT and isn't involved in anything at the moment.

Cole obviousy is ready and has done everything there is to do... but I think the UE are somewhat the center piece of NXT at the moment. I don't think they will be called up until NXT has something ready to fill that void that the UE would leave.

But I do see the Undisputed Era on the main roster by next Wrestlemania at the latest.
    Once they allow NXT UK to die, they can use Imperium. Also I would strapped a rocket to Tyler Bate. I also wouldn't mind Cesaro getting the star treatment on NXT.

Dark Side is on, John Stossel is a tool

Drew reminds me nothing of Cena. Nothing of Reigns either. He is cocky and sarcastic, but hardly a jokester. He isn't doing Romans cringe worthy promos. He is a pretty likable bad ass face. I haven't one of those on the WWE main roster in awhile.
    They are clearly putting him in the Cena mold with what they are having him do. They are even doing form a stable of talented heels to put Drew over much in the same way the league of nations were formed to put Roman over. It's sucks they turned Andrade and Garza into a job squad.

Once they allow NXT UK to die, they can use Imperium. Also I would strapped a rocket to Tyler Bate. I also wouldn't mind Cesaro getting the star treatment on NXT.

Dark Side is on, John Stossel is a tool
    They could use the other guys but not WALTER. He specifically signed to UK because he doesn't want to move to the States.

Ultimate Member

Cole and Undisputed are really needed on Smackdown. That show desperately needs something fresh.

Cole's also been NXT World Champion for a long time, the longest reigning champ in fact. Once he drops it, I don't see what there's left for him to do in NXT?

According to Drew, getting on the mic and doing this was how he got his push in the first place. Doing this stuff off camera got the powers that be to see he has personality. Basically he got pushed by being himself.