Page 358 of 662 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    They can still do Storm's origin. Just make it a suicide bomber that killed her parents instead of a airplane.

Right. Not sure how this is gonna play out.
    that idea is actually a great idea. that would be really intense.

yea the thing that was revealed seems kinds ugh to me lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hhmmm I would very much prefer her origins to stay as true to the comic version as possible though your idea is interesting . but I think the most important element that we have missed in the foxmen is the goddess storm storyline. If she stayed in America I dont see how we would ever get that.
    If Ororo was born a goddess born to two baseline humans -- what difference would it make if she stayed in America or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    If Ororo was born a goddess born to two baseline humans -- what difference would it make if she stayed in America or not?
    Her African backstory is a major part of her character.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Well, it's not like she was forbidden from traveling back and forth -- people do it all the time to visit friends and family.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-17-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

not that it cant happen but I dont see her being worshipped as a goddess on the streets if New York. besides that aspected of her being worshipped by her villagers bringing water to their crops and cattle would be lost in not in Africa. that said, I guess you could spin it to where farmers in America worshipped her but seeing that most Americans are Christian that wouldnt resonate as realistic.

exactly!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not that it cant happen but I dont see her being worshipped as a goddess on the streets if New York. besides that aspected of her being worshipped by her villagers bringing water to their crops and cattle would be lost in not in Africa. that said, I guess you could spin it to where farmers in America worshipped her but seeing that most Americans are Christian that wouldnt resonate as realistic.
    Like I said... There is no reason why she couldn't make frequent visits to do just that.

BANNED

We know Storm is a cut out to represent ties to mother Africa. Is there a reason that many of her fans are in acceptance or emotionally uninterested in her roots as a black American woman with living black American relatives?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    We know Storm is a cut out to represent ties to mother Africa. Is there a reason that many of her fans are in acceptance or emotionally uninterested in her roots as a black American woman with living black American relatives?
    Well her father is black American. However I’m not uninterested in that part of her.

I liked that Hudlin had Storm reunite with her paternal grandparents. I felt it was long over-due. I also like that Coates retconned Storm's past and wrote her as having deeper ties to Harlem. With this retcon came her "Blue" persona which I feel allows for a lot more story potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Well her father is black American. However I’m not uninterested in that part of her.
    Edit. I misread. Sorry. What are some interests that you'd personally give to American girl next door part of Storm? I'm just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked that Hudlin had Storm reunite with her paternal grandparents. I felt it was long over-due. I also like that Coates retconned Storm's past and wrote her as having deeper ties to Harlem. With this retcon came her "Blue" persona which I feel allows for a lot more story potential.
    I loved it too. My problem with her American heritage only being touched on in Black Panther's books is that it the X-books keep her in a space of otherness only connected to community and family through Africa. That's like Killmonger only expressing adoration of the Wakandan side of him. It rings false.Storm is female Killmonger and Nakia all wrapped in one.
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 09-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Wasn't Ororo raised in Harlem, New York prior to moving to Kenya, Africa?

Wasn't Ororo raised in Harlem, New York prior to moving to Kenya, Africa?
    No. She was born there but N'Dare and David left for Africa when she was a few months old.

BANNED

She's returned once or twice, but she never actually met her father's family in the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I don't think anybody is against her interacting with her father's people. I personally would love to see her visit her father's family.

Now that i think about it...I would love to see Storm go to church with her Grandmother.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-17-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    No. She was born there but N'Dare and David left for Africa when she was a few months old.
    Ah... That's right.