Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It could be an Office thing as well, would not suprise Me.

Maybe the Avengers Office uses the Wada costume specificaly to show it is their Stories with Wanda while most anything else is free for the offices to Choose from like Wanda's UA Battle Dress in Strange Academy or the classic one recently in X-Men.

Just seems to happen more often in Outside Avegners World Books then most other times, not all but just a theory.
    Hey CJ how have you been?

I noticed Wanda appeared in Marvel Super Wars though I don't play the game. What other games has she made it into?

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

I noticed Wanda appeared in Marvel Super Wars though I don't play the game. What other games has she made it into?
    She's in Future Fight, MUA 3, Contest of Champions, Strike Force, Movie version is in Puzzle Quest and she's in the new Future Revolution RPG mobile.

Unfortunately Super War and Future Revolution are region locked games, and not available in western countries.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Doing Well Thank Goodness, Hope you are doing well yourself!

I honeslty have not Played Marvel Super Wars yet or if I can but I did get Marvel Strike Force Recently around a week ago and I am Close to Almost getting Wanda, Working on her but I am Excited!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her costume has never been associated with her powers, so I don't think so.
    Maybe a guilt driven power boost?

She is making the mutant cause hers for a selfish reason but noble at the same time.

She wants to sleep well at night for what she done. and thas brutal man. kinda survivor guilt. hope finally works for her.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

She is making the mutant cause hers for a selfish reason but noble at the same time.

She wants to sleep well at night for what she done. and thas brutal man. kinda survivor guilt. hope finally works for her.
    It feels like it is More of a Callback, when Children's Crusade and Avx Happen Wanda had on a her classic look as well, so many Hickman is trying to Callback to those stories in an emotional tug as well using the Classic Costume. Honestly the Classic Costume works on so many levels, it is the Costume that is All Around Wanda.

Espcially when it's Drawn Very Well.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

I have no idea what Hickman intends with this. But I hope it is to put it to bed once and for all so that everyone can finally move on. My nephew was 2 when HoM came out and is now 17. It's been far too long. I don't want to be AARP eligible before they finally move on, lol.

I think for the M-Day matter to truly settle, Lorna and Wanda need to interact and reach a conclusion over it. I'm not saying that needs to go down a certain way. There are plenty of ways it could, some of which I've suggested before, and any of them could be good if handled well. But M-Day had a huge impact on Lorna, and unlike most mutants, they were at least believed to be sisters at the time. That makes it a cut much deeper than for others. Marvel never reaching a conclusion between them leaves the M-Day wound wide open and waiting for it to be addressed some day. The choice is really whether it gets addressed and resolved now, or it keeps coming back in various ways until someone eventually decides to actually clean and heal it.

M-Day is very personal for many fans. It takes a very personal touch to clear the air. Magneto doesn't have the common ground and boatloads of related suffering Lorna does for a good enough feeling of catharsis.

I think Peter David wanted to take first steps in this vein with All-New X-Factor #14, but higher-ups at Marvel were so gung-ho for the coming Axis retcon that they didn't want anything to bring a burst of interest in Lorna and Wanda interacting as sisters, so Peter David had to spend all of a few panels vaguely dealing with it before having the sisters suddenly go to a renaissance fair together - something I suspect he would've worked toward more organically over time if given the chance.

I can see Empyre being enough to put it to bed, if it comes up, depending on how it's handled. But right now we don't know what role Lorna has in Empyre, or even if she has one at all.
    Last edited by salarta; 07-27-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I'm not keeping expectations high for individual characters to get closure. When you think about it, She-Hulk was never really given closure for what happened to her during Disassembled. They just don't seem to do those kinds of personal touches on things. More like a huge sweeping event for it. And they have not cared about Wanda's personal relationships in a very long time. Not really. She's had some brief moments with Agatha and Janet Van Dyne. But not really enough for any real development. They've become more action oriented and plot driven.

Given nowadays the comics have characters naked (though covered/obscured) often, and the board allows swearing more, I'm assuming these pieces of art are fine to post here. If they're not, I just need to be told and I won't post similar stuff in the future.

Polaris by Emerald--Weapon

Scarlet Witch by Emerald--Weapon

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I think I’m going into tachycardia, Salarta! Those are some very spicy depictions of the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think for the M-Day matter to truly settle, Lorna and Wanda need to interact and reach a conclusion over it. I'm not saying that needs to go down a certain way. There are plenty of ways it could, some of which I've suggested before, and any of them could be good if handled well. But M-Day had a huge impact on Lorna, and unlike most mutants, they were at least believed to be sisters at the time. That makes it a cut much deeper than for others. Marvel never reaching a conclusion between them leaves the M-Day wound wide open and waiting for it to be addressed some day. The choice is really whether it gets addressed and resolved now, or it keeps coming back in various ways until someone eventually decides to actually clean and heal it.

M-Day is very personal for many fans. It takes a very personal touch to clear the air. Magneto doesn't have the common ground and boatloads of related suffering Lorna does for a good enough feeling of catharsis.

I think Peter David wanted to take first steps in this vein with All-New X-Factor #14, but higher-ups at Marvel were so gung-ho for the coming Axis retcon that they didn't want anything to bring a burst of interest in Lorna and Wanda interacting as sisters, so Peter David had to spend all of a few panels vaguely dealing with it before having the sisters suddenly go to a renaissance fair together - something I suspect he would've worked toward more organically over time if given the chance.

I can see Empyre being enough to put it to bed, if it comes up, depending on how it's handled. But right now we don't know what role Lorna has in Empyre, or even if she has one at all.
    X-Factor 14- Wanda and Lorna bond as sisters, only to cease to be sisters and then never speak to each other again. That issue was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    X-Factor 14- Wanda and Lorna bond as sisters, only to cease to be sisters and then never speak to each other again. That issue was pointless.
    I think Peter David was working toward the siblings building relationships together, but then Marvel decided to go with the Axis retcon, and figured they'd let him keep this much.

I wouldn't say the issue was pointless by any means though. Fans wanted and enjoyed it, as evidenced by its higher sales numbers. Just last week, I talked with someone that enjoyed a panel from the issue without knowing where it came from. Plus, it was the only time Lorna and Wanda got to interact in the 616 again after a decade kept apart.

But more could have been done with it than what Marvel allowed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Given nowadays the comics have characters naked (though covered/obscured) often, and the board allows swearing more, I'm assuming these pieces of art are fine to post here. If they're not, I just need to be told and I won't post similar stuff in the future.

Polaris by Emerald--Weapon

Scarlet Witch by Emerald--Weapon
    Looking at the pics of this family and just thinking how Rogue almost could have been their step-mother just blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Looking at the pics of this family and just thinking how Rogue almost could have been their step-mother just blows my mind.
    There's one for Rogue too (and several other characters), just wasn't relevant to my posting.

I personally didn't have any issues with Rogue x Magneto, but I'm not a dedicated fan for either of them like I am for Lorna, so I feel my views of it come second or lower to what their fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It feels like it is More of a Callback, when Children's Crusade and Avx Happen Wanda had on a her classic look as well, so many Hickman is trying to Callback to those stories in an emotional tug as well using the Classic Costume. Honestly the Classic Costume works on so many levels, it is the Costume that is All Around Wanda.

Espcially when it's Drawn Very Well.

Those are great pencils of her classic costume. Its too bad there wasn't a bit more thought and x-books input on that storyline.