Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TFNN View Post
    Oh I forgot what the last panel showed? Was it the Xeno and the other guy merging in the water?

Would be quite the surprise if he tames to goo and ends up a surprise ending
    Yup that was it, which I guess means the Alien / Human hybrid from Alien 4 wasnt the first of its kind (assuming that still counts and in general terms at least)

And that would be quite the twist indeed, heck I just had a thought what if by taming the goo Russell somehow becomes the Engineer thats been roaming around in Prometheus? Its a bit of a stretch but hey, you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Yup that was it, which I guess means the Alien / Human hybrid from Alien 4 wasnt the first of its kind (assuming that still counts and in general terms at least)

And that would be quite the twist indeed, heck I just had a thought what if by taming the goo Russell somehow becomes the Engineer thats been roaming around in Prometheus? Its a bit of a stretch but hey, you never know...
    Ah hahaha that is quite the thought.

But remember, Russell found another Engineer ship and an Engineer in cryo sleep. He probably wakes him up... But then he'd have to destroy the ship right... Ah who knows...

So Predator 2 today. Great issue, the Engineer is not one to be messed with. I really wonder if the Predator will be able to fend very well against him. If what the Engineer does to the Xenos is any indications.... Yeesha...

BANNED

I do hope when the whole thing is over we get an omnibus edition of the whole series.

Aliens 3 was kinda slow to me but looks like it sets up for a good conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I do hope when the whole thing is over we get an omnibus edition of the whole series.
    A nice library edition would be great

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Is the best way to read this the order the issues are released? Or should I wait and read them all at once? I have all the issues but I just want to get the best experience out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    Is the best way to read this the order the issues are released? Or should I wait and read them all at once? I have all the issues but I just want to get the best experience out of it.
    Personally Im reading them in the order they are being released and I find it adds a certain spice to the experience, the whole thing is connected but its not one of some of those big 2 crossovers where one title leads directly into another. Its more of an exercise of connecting the dots story wise, and that makes it all the more enjoyable.

EDIT: As usual, the nice folks over at bloody disgusting put it best - http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews...insanity-fest/
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 12-02-2014 at 12:06 PM.

You know what's sad? I haven't watched the original Alien movie in quite a long time, YEARS really. Well I did the other day and I had no idea that the found the eggs on a Engineer ship...

Can you believe that. Right there in front of me on my big ass TV was a huge Engineer ship, a cockpit with an Engineer and all.... and I had no clue. Really, no clue...

As for reading order. I am looking forward to each week and read them as released. I think it adds more anticipation for the coming issue and helps keep it all fresh in the mind even if it's only part of another story. They all connect in one way or another.

BANNED

has there been any word about any additional releases post-Fire & Stone?

this run concludes in february. then... nothing?

You know what's sad? I haven't watched the original Alien movie in quite a long time, YEARS really. Well I did the other day and I had no idea that the found the eggs on a Engineer ship...

Can you believe that. Right there in front of me on my big ass TV was a huge Engineer ship, a cockpit with an Engineer and all.... and I had no clue. Really, no clue...

As for reading order. I am looking forward to each week and read them as released. I think it adds more anticipation for the coming issue and helps keep it all fresh in the mind even if it's only part of another story. They all connect in one way or another.
    I remember the years in which we didn't know anything about the Engineers and that being sitting on the cockpit was called by fandom and the SciFi press simply "the space jockey". Heck we never got to see his face for the longest time, as it was forever hidden under that hosed breathing mask.

And for some reason one of the very earliest DH Alien miniseries - now off-canon of course - featured a being with an elephant face because of that hose. Man, what speculation gets you...

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    has there been any word about any additional releases post-Fire & Stone?

this run concludes in february. then... nothing?
    Good question, nothing AFAIK... and its a shame, cause more of this would be most welcome.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 12-02-2014 at 04:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    A nice library edition would be great
    and a statue of Elden.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Well after Prometheus 2, I hate Francis. Way to ruin things for everybody dude! I was liking Elden too, but now he's a psycho mutant creep.

poor stupid francis. Desperate times lead to desperate measures spoilers:
    but injecting yourself with the black goo? Man that's uber desperate. I'd probably just dump myself in cryo
    and ask Galgo to off me in my sleep
    end of spoilers
    Great issue ( AVP #3) though Im curious how this'll wrap up in just one issue.

Aliens 3 was kinda slow to me but looks like it sets up for a good conclusion.
    Finally caught up with this and I have to agree, it was very by the numbers and predictable. But lets see if #4 can bring some surprises as was hinted at.

"Is the best way to read this the order the issues are released? Or should I wait and read them all at once? I have all the issues but I just want to get the best experience out of it." devinofthedead

I started reading them as they came out and stopped because I personally found it kind of chaotic. I'm now reading them in chronological order (Aliens, Prometheus, Predator, AVP) and enjoy it a lot more. It really feels like a much more complete story that way to me. The down side is that I now have to wait until Predator & AVP have finished coming out before I can start reading the Predator series. It also makes avoiding spoilers difficult at times as everyone else seems to be reading them as they come out. On another subject, I'm kind of surprised Darkhorse hasn't said anything about the future of these franchises.
    Last edited by Dallas; 12-31-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    Pull List: Star Trek/Planet of the Apes, Ragnarok, Escape from New York, Rai and Transformers Drift.