Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tales of Suspense #100 Discussion

Hmm, i don't know about this one. Read more like a Hawkeye solo then a co-lead book and Im not a big Hawkeye fan, nor do i really buy his motivation here when his relationship with Nat amounted to a broom closet booty call. They were friends with benefits, and not really committed lovers. I like the art though, and the premise itself still has me hooked.

Interesting start to the series. Looking forward to where it's going, but they really do play up the Clint/Nat relationship as something much more than it really was. Funny how Clint's back on this "Bucky is a jerk" bandwagon. This has to be some kind of inside joke at Marvel. Literally no character likes this guy lol. Not sure why Bucky wouldn't be assassinating ex-Hydra though.

Definitely not Natasha killing them though. Why would she leave a calling card to a program she's not been apart of in forever? Unless they Winter Soldier'd her too.

Small gripe, but I rReally wish artists would start getting Bucky right. He's not supposed to sport the red star anymore, y'know the symbol of the Soviet regime that brainwashed him, made him kill people, and made him a traitor to his country and all that. And that facemask gotta go asap.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hmm, i don't know about this one. Read more like a Hawkeye solo then a co-lead book and Im not a big Hawkeye fan, nor do i really buy his motivation here when his relationship with Nat amounted to a broom closet booty call. They were friends with benefits, and not really committed lovers. I like the art though, and the premise itself still has me hooked.
    I was pleased to see that Clint didn't seem to be pining much; he was just going about business looking for his supposedly dead friend. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Definitely not Natasha killing them though. Why would she leave a calling card to a program she's not been apart of in forever? Unless they Winter Soldier'd her too.

Probably because she leave marks for Clint and Bucky to follow.

For the moment, I'm liking it. Rosenberg seems to write Clint well so I'll dig it.

You all are saying that they play up the Clint/Nat relationship but I really thought that would have been way more than what they did. But still she was probably one of his closest friend (and even a lot more (and no, I'm not saying that because I prefer them together, it's really shown in the comics in my opinion)).

With that being said I don't want to see Clint and Bucky fight each other for Nat' (even if I know Nat' would tell them to **** off) , it would be stupid and awful to read. I always hated love triangle **** and I seriously don't want to see other characters I like in those kind of **** (I mean all my fav character have been in those things except Clint and Nat' so).

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Probably because she leave marks for Clint and Bucky to follow.
    Only Bucky could know about it, unless she figured they would cross paths. I don't think it's her unless there's a twist, but I do think they'll all meet up at one point.

With that being said I don't want to see Clint and Bucky fight each other for Nat' (even if I know Nat' would tell them to **** off) , it would be stupid and awful to read. I always hated love triangle **** and I seriously don't want to see other characters I like in those kind of **** (I mean all my fav character have been in those things except Clint and Nat' so).
    It's the one thing I'm hoping won't happen. Really unnecessary and below all of those involved. Never read a love triangle in comics that added anything meaningful tbh.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

this was a far cry from that mini series or arc around tge time of heroes age where they teamed up to rescue black widow. I wonder if Clint will ask bucky how it feels for him to know that Natasha was killed by Stevil though he doesn't make the distinction in his musings. I feel that bucky may end up short his bionic arm given the explosive cliff hanger.

Only Bucky could know about it, unless she figured they would cross paths. I don't think it's her unless there's a twist, but I do think they'll all meet up at one point.

Maybe, it's someone who is making false lead for them to follow too.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Maybe, it's someone who is making false lead for them to follow too.
    Or... it's another Black Widow...

Upcoming Reading:

So... what do you think Clint thinks quixotic means?

Or... it's another Black Widow...
    Well...
    (spoiler)
    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GQUQT9MSd...ck%2Bwidow.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

E66AA74D-3E83-49E7-B42A-3DD8A14FEC07.jpg
    This would make me happy to see.

Pretty much agree with all that has been said here. For me, I loved Fractions Hawkeye and Brubaker’s Bucky so I find this jarring. To be honest, Clint was solidly with Bucky during The Winter Soldier series while they once again hunted down the Widow. So Clint knows of Natasha’s mind control and subsequent amnesia regarding James.

Can’t stop hating Winter Soldiers look, really does need to lose the red star and the bizarre mask.

I’m with this all the way however do to the characters. Fraction’s Clint was really the first time I didn’t think he was a complete dick. I did like the reference to Bobbie, but in the end I agree this was an all Clint narrative, and I hope we will get both James and eventually Nat’s narratives as well.

Does it feel like the ending to Secret Empire was forever ago? Has been the slowest roll out of new titles or is it just me.
    Last edited by tliscord; 12-20-2017 at 03:26 PM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This was a nice comic to read considering I didn't have high expectations for it based off of the use of movie-Bucky's design

I agree that the Hawkeye/BW relationship isn't being played up too much, it was a natural extension of what their relationship in the comics has been for the past while. I wrote this in the Hawkeye thread, but I loved Clint in this. He had a good internal monologue and his characterization had a bunch of smaller details that felt true to who he is.

I was also expecting a lot worse in terms of Bucky/Clint animosity, but it's actually nothing worse than what we've seen between them before, and "disagreement over being shot at" is not a bad excuse for harmless bickering.

Anyways, the "trail of clues" thing is suspicious considering Natasha's whole thing is she doesn't do that, and I think the solicitations imply that there's more than meets the eye there. Rosenberg is not so bad at writing espionage stuff, so I think it'll be an entertaining read.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AIPT
    "There’s also the conundrum of Black Widow herself. She’s a character most folks will admit has died and come back so many times you won’t be riveted that she’s the target. "
    IIRC, Natasha's never "died" before in the way that the Wasp or Elektra or Jean Grey or Nightcrawler or Captain America have. She's been wiped out in stuff where everyone dies and comes back, and I think she's been "dead" over the space of an issue, but she's never gotten a dramatic event comic death like this that stuck for more than a month. Notably, both Bucky and Clint have more experience with the "back from the dead" thing than Natasha, which is something I hope they touch on.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That looks pretty cool. You think we'll ever get to see that in color?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That looks pretty cool. You think we'll ever get to see that in color?
    Why wouldnt we its pages from an upcoming issue is it not?

Set up was decent. Looking forward to more
    X-Men Forever