Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wow.

I'll be the first to admit that I was never a Sam Wilson fan, and often called him "The Luigi of the Marvel Universe". But this was actually quite good.

This is definitely going on the pull list.

BANNED

This is the book we should have gotten when Sam first became Captain America.

Remender story was good but he was to focused on pushing "his" characters instead of showing off who Sam really is and why he deserves to be the star in his title. LOVED this issue and I can not wait for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Remender story was good but he was to focused on pushing "his" characters instead of showing off who Sam really is and why he deserves to be the star in his title. LOVED this issue and I can not wait for the next.
    Honestly, in my head canon I'm just pretending this is the book that came directly after Captain America #25.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Where was this comic when Falcon first became Cap?

If this run continues this pace or better, this could be like Morrison's Batman and Robin run; character defining despite the character being in a different mantle.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

If this run continues this pace or better, this could be like Morrison's Batman and Robin run; character defining despite the character being in a different mantle.
    I've been thinking a lot after this issue that this will really help Sam out when he returns to the Falcon role. This gives him time in the spotlight, shown in contrast to Steve and that will all carry over.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Agreed. Sam had some cool moments, but Remender really just scratched the surface of what Sam was about. In one issue Spencer is able to deliver Sam's message, establish his new cast and demonstrate in words and action the type of Captain America Sam is.

For those who say he's going too political, yes we can agree that this is new for Cap but remember Sam is primarily concerned with helping people. He's not picking a side and telling the other to shove it as he's giving a voice to those who might not be heard otherwise. While Steve represented the strength and embodied the greatest parts of what America represents Sam is more of reflective of the current state of the people, the ones who see that there's still some things that need to change and is willing to stand up and make himself the face of change. But its not a change thats meant to dismissive or beat up on any one particular side, its about looking beyond those kind of distinctions and moving around one voice which unfortunately means kicking some nests of establishments every once in a while.

When Remender made Sam Cap I was hoping we'd see something like this. When Sam was working with Steve against the Iron Nail he allowed a reporter to leave with proof of the governments wrong doing in a foreign state. It wasn't about following orders or doing what the government wanted, it was simply down to this is the right thing and this is the wrong thing. Very glad we're watching that play out here.

Also love seeing all the positive responses to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I've been thinking a lot after this issue that this will really help Sam out when he returns to the Falcon role. This gives him time in the spotlight, shown in contrast to Steve and that will all carry over.
    Thats why I feel that this change can only be a good thing for Sam. He gets fully fleshed out as a person and a much wider platform. I want to be able to pick up a Falcon book off the stands following this character after his tenure is done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

The very first time? I think it was back in the Sentinel of Liberty arc, in the 90's.

BANNED

When I see "Cap" representing both sides of the country, I might change my mind that this is yet another way for Disney to spout off their liberal / PC crap. Any chance we'll see Sam Wilson showing up during an inner-city riot / looting opportunity and pound the thugs into the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardWrite View Post
    When I see "Cap" representing both sides of the country, I might change my mind that this is yet another way for Disney to spout off their liberal / PC crap. Any chance we'll see Sam Wilson showing up during an inner-city riot / looting opportunity and pound the thugs into the ground?
    There's still time to show both sides of this issue without coming off as partison or anything. In theory. Sam can beat the crap out of the Serpents then hand over the illegal aliens to the Border Patrol for proper due process (though I guess with SHIELD there he doesn't need to do that).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RichardWrite View Post
    Did you even read this issue? Because if you did, you'd have seen how Sam even monologues in a disappointed fashion about the pointless division in this country. Don't let reflexive and meme-ish conservative victimization/boohoo-ism get in the way of reality. It makes you look ridiculous.
    Last edited by J.D. Owe; 10-16-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Owe View Post
    Did you even read this issue? Because if you did, you'd have seen how Sam even monologues in a disappointed fashion about the pointless division in this country. Don't let reflexive and meme-ish conservative victimization/boohoo-ism get in the way of reality. It makes you look ridiculous.
    Point is that illegal immigration (key word being illegal) is complex problem (like most of the problems in real world) and this book basically goes straight for black/white approach with one side (liberal/progressive) being obviously right. If you disagree with that opinion then you are basically represented by the villains who'll get punched out by Sam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Point is that illegal immigration (key word being illegal) is complex problem (like most of the problems in real world) and this book basically goes straight for black/white approach with one side (liberal/progressive) being obviously right. If you disagree with that opinion then you are basically represented by the villains who'll get punched out by Sam.
    People are acting like Sam beat up the villains (who were deliberately portrayed as over the top nutters with guns) and then did a Mexican Hat Dance on their KO'd bodies, before he magically gave them all US citizenship. Until people stop projecting and being "offended", like this is some "liberal grand-conspiracy", I'll continue to take their complaints over this issue with next to no seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Those guys were based on actual groups that exist and have been caught and convicted of destroying water supplies with the intent of leaving illegals to die in the desert, and in other instances kidnapping and murder. Being opposed to illegal immagration doesn't mean resorting to vigilate murder. For instance USAgent probably would have beat the hell out of the SoS as well, and then called INS. The black/white issue here is "Murder: cool or uncool?"
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Those guys were based on actual groups that exist and have been caught and convicted of destroying water supplies with the intent of leaving illegals to die in the desert, and in other instances kidnapping and murder. Being opposed to illegal immagration doesn't mean resorting to vigilate murder. For instance USAgent probably would have beat the hell out of the SoS as well, and then called INS. The black/white issue here is "Murder: cool or uncool?"
    "This" as well.