Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I just saw that. I am kinda dumbfounded, he has been a fixture at Marvel for so long, that I can't quite wrap my head around it.

Sad that Jessica Jones will likely end with his departure. Defenders and his other books will likely be handed to someone else. but Jessica Jones is his.

Hate Bendis all you want, this is a big loss for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I honestly think losing Aaron to DC would be a bigger loss in 2017. I'm sad to see him leave Spider-Man but glad to see him off iron man.

I just hope he's not taking any of his regular artists with him.
    That's a good point. Judging by interviews, Maleev, McNiven, Marquez and Deodato may be tempted. They love working with Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wow.

Marvel is so screwed now. He was the one big ticket name they had left.

So...Bendis on Batman?
    Maybe Detective Comics.

I don't think DC would be willing to take Tom King off of Batman, even for Bendis. He's a rising star, and DC's not going to want to do anything that might lead to him leaving for Marvel once his exclusivity is up.

Yeah, Marvel would definitely want King back, Vision was so good they keep re-releasing it in different formats.

Astonishing Member

Holy fuck.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Maybe Detective Comics.

I don't think DC would be willing to take Tom King off of Batman, even for Bendis. He's a rising star, and DC's not going to want to do anything that might lead to him leaving for Marvel once his exclusivity is up.
    DC might just do an Astonishing Xmen and make a new Batman book just for Bendis.

That way nobody gets displaced (I see some are speculating that Bendis will actually get Superman).

But this is a big deal.

Other than Spider Slott, right now Marvel has a lot of journeymen, some old guard stalwarts, some niche dudes, and some guys from the big league entertainment industry doing books but none of them IMO, are going to give Marvel the captive audience that Bendis has had for like what feels like decades.

Come to think of it, DC now has under contract all the captive audience writers (Ellis, Morrrison and now Bendis) that are still working in Comics. Even if Morrison only puts out one graphic novel every 5 years now.

Marvel might as well call Clairmont and offer him a blank check.

It's that bad.

Wow...I honestly never thought Bendis would ever leave Marvel. I can't remember a bigger shift since Jim Lee left Marvel back in the 90s. This is pretty big, given how involved Bendis has been in Marvel for nearly two decades. Now he's going to DC and, love him or hate him, that's going to leave a huge void at Marvel. It'll be interesting to see how Marvel tries to fill it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The might just do an Astonishing Xmen and make a new Batman book just for Bendis.

That way nobody gets displaced.

But this is a big deal.

Other than Spider Slott, right now Marvel has a lot of journeymen, some old guard stalwarts, some niche dudes, and some guys from the big league entertainment industry doing books but none of them IMO, are going to give Marvel the captive audience that Bendis has had for like what feels like decades.

Come to think of it, DC now has under contract all the captive audience writers (Ellis, Morrrison and now Bendis) that are still working in Comics. Even if Morrison only puts out one graphic novel every 5 years now.

It's that bad.
    Actually, Marvel has Claremont under an exclusive contract or used to a few years. But for whatever reasons, they rarely asked him for writing gigs.

Incredible Member

isn't he already getting checks from Marvel simply to not work for anyone else? if they're already paying him then they might as well let him write some books.

Who would be a good replacement on Spider-Man? I've thought for a while David Walker or G. Willow Wilson would be good.

Astonishing Member

YOU can't be serious. YOU don't get to decide this.

Good-bye Mr. YOU. The man loves to use the word YOU now he will use the same type of dialogue at DC.

Incredible Member

Jessica Jones and the Defenders will crater in sales without him. Sad to see those books go.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Actually, Marvel has Claremont under an exclusive contract or used to a few years. But for whatever reasons, they rarely asked him for writing gigs.
    I didn't know that.

He so rarely does anything for Marvel I thought he quit or retired.

BANNED

...... I honestly feel bendis doesn't suit dcs verse and was better of with marvel. Then again he could take over from Snyderwho seems to have been channeling him in dialog at least.