Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have two omnibus's: Fantastic Four Vol. 2 (Lee/Kirby) and Silver Surfer Vol.1 (Lee/Buscema). They're beautifully done, but in practice, they're hell to actually read given the weight. Ideally you'd need a lectern to read them in comfort. If you want the classic stuff in collected form, the current Epic line and Marvel Masterworks is the way to go.

That said, if Marvel is committed to completing an entire run in omnibus format, I think they're worth the cost. Something like the Walt Simonson Thor omnibus' that collected the entire run is well worth it. But I'd only buy the best of the best in omnibus format. Some of the modern stuff that has been collected is a hard pass for me in terms of the omnibus.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot to mention another good source of upcoming Marvel releases. The site was originally started to cover news about the Masterworks, since that was just about the only thing Marvel was releasing in the hardcover format. Now they update their coming releases page with the EPIC versions also.

Link: Marvel Masterworks Resource Page

For example, they list a release of an EPIC collection called Daredevil: Root of Evil for July 25th and Captain America: Hero or Hoax. They link to Tales of Wonder as a source to purchase and the prices are usually pretty good. I've ordered all my Fantastic Four Masterworks from them over the years.

Best way to keep an eye on what is being released is the Diamond site:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...20COMICS&cat=3

Spot what you like & pre-order, easiest way to avoid OOP premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Best way to keep an eye on what is being released is the Diamond site:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...20COMICS&cat=3

Spot what you like & pre-order, easiest way to avoid OOP premiums.

WOW! THANK YOU FOR THIS!! This is very cool of you!!