Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup Gwen so deserved to die for this case closed. Don't worry Peter/MJ shippers Peter is quite safe from nasty old 616 Gwen Stacy. Felicia Hardy is the one you should be worried about.
    Marvel cares so little about Black Cat that they didn't even put her in Life Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel cares so little about Black Cat that they didn't even put her in Life Story.
    I have one word for you (or is it one phrase?) -

#FearSpiderCat
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I have one word for you (or is it one phrase?) -

#FearSpiderCat
    I didn't expect to find a Spidey/Catwoman shipper here.

I didn't expect to find a Spidey/Catwoman shipper here.
    You know what I mean.

PS I can't wait for the Spidey/Black Cat Wedding Issue. C'mon Marvel Office pull the trigger and make the shippers meltdown.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That was a shame. I'd have loved to see Black Cat as Peter's rebound after Mary Jane left him and took the kids in Life Story #3, but Jessica Jones was an unexpected treat, given she canonically crushed on him when they were in high school.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was a shame. I'd have loved to see Black Cat as Peter's rebound after Mary Jane left him and took the kids in Life Story #3, but Jessica Jones was an unexpected treat, given she canonically crushed on him when they were in high school.
    I've been enjoying Life Story though since it has such little time to covers alot of subject matter many questions are left in the open. What Happened to Helen (whom I liked)? Jessica get word from Peter that he was leaving and informed her of Ben (her not showing up or mentioned in issue 5 after her appearance in issue 4 made me wish some extra info was placed on the side at least)? Plus a few other questions in my head

Going back to the topic it got me thinking and wondering: How many superheroes can we write about that at first backed somebody they didn't know but had a good public appearance or was having at first a message presented they might of been leaning towards or believed but in the end proved to be a villain the entire time?

I guess Zdarsky is more of a Jessica Jones guy...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I've been enjoying Life Story though since it has such little time to covers alot of subject matter many questions are left in the open. What Happened to Helen (whom I liked)? Jessica get word from Peter that he was leaving and informed her of Ben (her not showing up or mentioned in issue 5 after her appearance in issue 4 made me wish some extra info was placed on the side at least)? Plus a few other questions in my head

Going back to the topic it got me thinking and wondering: How many superheroes can we write about that at first backed somebody they didn't know but had a good public appearance or was having at first a message presented they might of been leaning towards or believed but in the end proved to be a villain the entire time?
    Surprisingly, there would be a lot of cases, given how popular the trope "villain with good publicity" is in comics and other media. I could see someone like USAgent, who's always been a hardliner in the "my country, right or wrong" vein and was intended by his creator as a contrast to how Steve Rogers at the time and even later on would find himself often questioning if not challenging the U.S. government's actions and the intentions behind those actions, as an example, though I'll admit I'm fuzzy on the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Zdarsky is more of a Jessica Jones guy...
    Considering he had her and Peter interacting during Peter's high school years in the Amazing Fantasy arc of Spectacular Spider-Man, I can see that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

felicia can't be in life story, she doesn't age
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    felicia can't be in life story, she doesn't age
    Neither does MJ, but she was in it .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It was nice to see Jess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The white supremacist thing was a surprise twist at the end of the story, as a skeleton in Bullitt's closet. He was trying to hide it, that was the whole point of what ultimately brought him down. So it makes zero sense that Gwen would have been aware of his racist leanings and sided with him because of them.

You know, there was also this magical time in the past when just because someone was a conservative you couldn't automatically assume a suite of other things about them, such as that they were a racist. You had to actually get to know them to see who they were.

Glad thats changed, though! Its so simple that now everyone is just a label.
    These days, waving one's racism for all to see seems to be in fashion, and, sad to say, conservative-leaning figures seem to be doing it the most. (I do not like how political extremism is the norm across the board.)

In regards to Gwen supporting a racist candidate, I think that it's become a bit of an overexposed thing on this forum, not to mention, as has been pointed out, she didn't know that at the time. Heck, we've been seeing life imitate art a lot lately in regards to the story and in scenarios where the subjects knew better then Gwen did.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Oh God, how tiresome.

"Next up! That time Kitty Pryde called someone a n*g*er! Kitty Pryde RACIST X-man? Marvel's secret RACIST Agenda EXPOSED?!"
    The only way that will happen is if jack fears that Kitty is now a romantic rival for MJ.

And honestly, Kitty using the n word is way more egregious than Gwen supporting a guy she didn't know was a bigot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I just submitted a concept to CBR and it was up to them to decide if it was worth their time. I didn't publish this on my own, I didn't write it. That's Brian Cronin who did that.

The article is part of a series called ''A Political World'' (https://www.cbr.com/tag/political-world/) "where we spotlight 20th Century comic book stories that came out back when comic books were not political at all, unlike comic books nowadays."

So if you guys want to do "whataboutism" and go on about other characters who did stuff as bad/worse than Gwen, just submit a proposal to CBR. The email is linked below there.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In regards to Gwen supporting a racist candidate, I think that it's become a bit of an overexposed thing on this forum,
    Not in Spider-Man fandom it isn't. And in any case, when was the last time Gwen was discussed aside from being dropped off the bridge? I should be getting credit here for treating Gwen as a character again.

...not to mention, as has been pointed out, she didn't know that at the time.
    She was making a very conscious political decision. Her father was a liberal and he and Bullitt disagreed about stuff, and Bullitt openly uses what was seen even then, by college-goers a lot of dog whistle euphemisms such as "law and order" and bleeding heart liberals and stuff, that's very much a marker of someone with extreme right wing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I just submitted a concept to CBR and it was up to them to decide if it was worth their time. I didn't publish this on my own, I didn't write it. That's Brian Cronin who did that.

The article is part of a series called ''A Political World'' (https://www.cbr.com/tag/political-world/) "where we spotlight 20th Century comic book stories that came out back when comic books were not political at all, unlike comic books nowadays."

So if you guys want to do "whataboutism" and go on about other characters who did stuff as bad/worse than Gwen, just submit a proposal to CBR. The email is linked below there.

Not in Spider-Man fandom it isn't. And in any case, when was the last time Gwen was discussed aside from being dropped off the bridge? I should be getting credit here for treating Gwen as a character again.

Lol, you're the only one who keeps parading around this story and it's not to talk about her character. Please.