Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Way to downplay the worth of a character. Lazy? More like impossible back then, and honestly it's then or never, AoU is the opportunity for her before Avengers brand cools down. And so that she won't be yet another sorry X-Men supporting character.
    THIS attitude is why some people just don't want to be in this family. I want none of your superiority BS thanks.
    You know what? MCU Wanda is one of the most accurate depictions to date simply because she get to be an Avenger and has one of her classic relationships brought to more public notions.
    Vision is actually a defining relationship for her, while Magneto is an overrated tag.
    Tell why aren't Island Princess and emo goth teen Wandas mockery? Every other media, you mean animation and another animation?
    Not downplaying nothing. The writers are the ones who established that like with Supergirl and Superman or Mayday and Peter. Its just how it is. And you know everyone wants to see her connection with Magneto brought to light in the movies..you cant go to a convention or come across a questionnaire without the issue being raised. It's called..fan interest. Drawing money. Now Movie Wanda is doing well after wiping the floor with Thanos but comic Wanda is missing and she has no father and she's lost in the fray while the Dinosaur girl has her own book...while Kamala is about to become a big deal. That's not downplaying nothing. That's reality.

Detractors for Evo Wanda and Genosha Wanda, who basically was a huge part of the show is hated? When and where except for loyalist fans with no appreciation of continuity? Wanda came out as a winner in both situations and did the right thing while they had to vilify Magneto to brighten her spotlight.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 09-17-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Not downplaying nothing. The writers are the ones who established that like with Supergirl and Superman or Mayday and Peter. Its just how it is. And you know everyone wants to see her connection with Magneto brought to light in the movies..you cant go to a convention or come across a questionnaire without the issue being raised. It's called..fan interest. Drawing money. Now Movie Wanda is doing well after wiping the floor with Thanos but comic Wanda is missing and she has no father and she's lost in the fray while the Dinosaur girl has her own book...while Kamala is about to become a big deal. That's not downplaying nothing. That's reality.

Detractors for Evo Wanda and Genosha Wanda, who basically was a huge part of the show is hated?
    When and where except for loyalist fans with no appreciation of continuity? Wanda came out as a winner in both situations and did the right thing while they had to vilify Magneto to brighten her spotlight.
    Except that Supergirl was specifically a Superman lore character, while Wanda is not really part of X-lore or Magneto lore. They don't even belong in the same franchise. Respect that personal space of characters maybe?

By everyone you mean every casual whose only worth noting knowledge of the character is her dad, wow.
    Too good that satisfying a certain portion of fans aren't Marvel Studios' goal those days, and these days.

Yeah, comic Wanda is missing and guess what happened more than a decade ago is responsible for that? Even if she returns, it won't be about her X-ties, period.
    And your point with Moon Girl? She beat all of your family members except Magento in terms of comic apearances these days.

Came out as an empty winner with none of her own actual stories told? You can complain about Magento being vilified, how about I don't want her to do with him in the first place? Since that's all some people care.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-17-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Except that Supergirl was specifically a Superman lore character, while Wanda is not really part of X-lore or Magneto lore. They don't even belong in the same franchise. Respect that personal space of characters maybe?

By everyone you mean every casual whose only worth noting knowledge of the character is her dad, wow.
    Too good that satisfying a certain portion of fans aren't Marvel Studios' goal those days, and these days.

Yeah, comic Wanda is missing and guess what happened more than a decade ago is responsible for that? Even if she returns, it won't be about her X-ties, period.
    And your point with Moon Girl? She beat all of your family members except Magento in terms of comic apearances these days.

Came out as an empty winner with none of her own actual stories told? You can complain about Magento being vilified, how about I don't want her to do with him in the first place? Since that's all some people care.
    It's funny when they try to use this reasoning, because her longest departure from comics was when she was still a mutant and Mags' daughter. Being a mutant also never saved Jean from long absence. It has zero factor.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

High Lord Hickman has deigned to toss a crumb our way.

991B1EBB-3D1A-4293-A006-E6EC79B72F65.jpg

I have a sneaking suspicion it’s in regards to House of M and the twins, but who can say at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    High Lord Hickman has deigned to toss a crumb our way.

I have a sneaking suspicion it’s in regards to House of M and the twins, but who can say at this point?
    I think it might reference Bendis' actual run on the X-Men so now I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what part of his run I need to remember. (I hope they don't bring back the O5.) I don't think this is going to deal with the Magnus Family, but who knows. I'm actually very worried about the Magnus Family at this point.

Hickman could’ve bounces ideas with Bendis.

In any case, this is transitory.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lorna gets several panels with her Dad today, she is the reader POV character at the beginning of the book.

Someone deems North worthy of making a custom.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The writer of Fallen Angels. It seems like a very interesting story.
    In many ways, the X-MEN films have been focused on proving Magneto is wrong. Obsessed with it. I don’t always think Magneto is wrong, lol.

The X-MEN films are frightened of an honest depiction of Magneto’s POV, so they render him into a traumatized madman for fear of justifying militancy. They make him an angry child with power.

Magneto is constantly led down a path where he would deny his power in the face of people that want to destroy him and anyone like him. The truth is no one would listen to Charles if they didn’t fear Erik.

What oppressive systems fear isn’t those that want to change their minds. That retains their power. Oppressors fear the moment the oppressed realize their minds WON’T change. “Hope” for progress is their first weapon against revolution. Magneto accepts what they are.

Magneto looks into the eyes of his oppressors and says “I know what you think of me and my kind. And I know it will not change.” And THAT’s when Xavier’s phone starts ringing with systemic desires of “mutual agreement and peace.” LOL. The films won’t engage that.

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...160070656?s=21.
    I already like him and he´s right, the films focused way too much on making Magneto´s pov be WRONG that sometimes his actions didn´t made sense at all and it´s logical than between Magneto and Xavier ppl would prefer to negotiate with the second before confronting Magnus and this is more or less what Hickman was going for on the first issue of HOX. I will definitely see what this writer does in Fallen Angels.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I have bought two Magneto variant covers for HoX so far and one to go for #6. Then we have a Magneto variant for X-Men #1. Though I am waiting for Lorna to manage a variant cover.

BANNED

Wanda isnt part of Magneto lore? Wow....lol. I guess Uncanny #4 is a mirage..3 different animated shows are a dream.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's funny when they try to use this reasoning, because her longest departure from comics was when she was still a mutant and Mags' daughter. Being a mutant also never saved Jean from long absence. It has zero factor.
    Nah..that was just Bendis being Bendis. They depushed mutants to put the Avengers on top...
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 09-23-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Wanda isnt part of Magneto lore? Wow....lol. I guess Uncanny #4 is a mirage..3 different animated shows are a dream.
    By that standard every character dragged into his shit show is part of his lore.
    You need to be more than a background furniture be a lore piece.
    Anyway, for better or worse Wanda has been historically in Avengers more and independent from Magneto.
    And wow, dozens of X-issues versus hundreds of Avengers issues? Three animated shows that Wanda eithet isn't an significant part of or greatly altered, and did they created like the tenth of buzz MCU did? And are those three shows Magneto solo shows or X-Men shows?

Extraordinary Member

And really, I prefer things to stay like Post-Nights of Wundgaore, everyone get their juicy bits. But I don't want to be in a franchise that doesn't respect individuality.
    And most of all, actually history.
    Everytime it's those early X-issues plus a few animated shows while ignoring her presence in Avengers comics and MCU.
    And you seem only care about her being in Magneto-related stuff than what she actually did or was portrayed.