Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Then maybe, to save time and energy, you could consider conceding the possibility that thereÂ’s more than one way to look at this status quo beyond the most sinister interpretation and that people who identify with a minority getting sick and tired of being ground into the dirt might have a point, as opposed to constantly insinuating that anyone who enjoys reading these comic books is a breath away from joining a real-life fascist insurrection. These stories are not real.
    In that same spirit, couldn't we also agree that "mutants as a downtrodden minority" has become a facitious concept?

It's not that mutants haven't been through the wringer a time or two, but be real: They're practically indestructible. And they always give as good as they get.

Preceeding the Genosha genocide, we had Eve of Destruction, wherein Genosha declared war on the entire planet.

Preceeding the decimation, We had House of M. A total reality hijack where mutants ruled the world. Of course before all of that, there was the Age of Apocalypse, another reality hijack where mutants ruled the world. And after all that, there was the age of X-man, another total reality hijacking where mutants ruled the world, which was preceded by the phoenix five literally disarming all the nations of the world and ruling it in the name of mutantkind, which was preceded by the age of legion which WASN'T a total reality hijacking where mutants ruled the world but may as well been, since Legion was still calling the shots.

Also, mutants went from near total extinction to threatening humans with extinction within five marvel years. RESILIENCY OF COCKROACHES.

Jiminy H. Cricket, how long are we expected to buy into this victimization narrative? Yeah, Cyclops, go pretend you had a hard adolescence, before you accidentally conquer the Earth for the umpteenth time. Poor baby.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It's not that mutants haven't been through the wringer a time or two, but be real: They're practically indestructible. And they always give as good as they get.
    The body count begs to differ.

Preceeding the Genosha genocide, we had Eve of Destruction, wherein Genosha declared war on the entire planet.
    A single faction, quickly put down.

Preceeding the decimation, We had House of M. A total reality hijack where mutants ruled the world. Of course before all of that, there was the Age of Apocalypse, another reality hijack where mutants ruled the world.
    Both the product of two insane mutants acting alone, who the X-Men actively worked to stop.

Jiminy H. Cricket, how long are we expected to buy into this victimization narrative? Yeah, Cyclops, go pretend you had a hard adolescence, before you accidentally conquer the Earth for the umpteenth time. Poor baby.
    Exactly how many times has Cyclops tried to conquer the earth when not bonded to an overpowering cosmic entity, in a scenario which the bungling of Tony Stark engineered?

Get back to me when the whiny mutant minority creates legislation to put humans in camps, or endless legions of hunter-killer robots. Or insane AI. Or religious zealots bombing schools. Or kills sixteen million.

Y
    The body count begs to differ.

A single faction, quickly put down.

Both the product of two insane mutants acting alone, who the X-Men actively worked to stop.

Exactly how many times has Cyclops tried to conquer the earth when not bonded to an overpowering cosmic entity, in a scenario which the bungling of Tony Stark engineered?

Get back to me when the whiny mutant minority creates legislation to put humans in camps, or endless legions of hunter-killer robots. Or insane AI. Or religious zealots bombing schools. Or kills sixteen million.
    And yet, somehow, more often than not, they end up in control. We're not even counting Stryfe who rules the entire planet in multiple timelines and has committed genocide against humans and mutants both, to the extent that both populations are near total collapse in the future.

If you leave hyperbole out of it and look at results only, mutants are doing far better than okay. They're Hulk Hogan vs Gillberg. I mean, c'mon.

Y

And yet, somehow, more often than not, they end up in control. We're not even counting Stryfe who rules the entire planet in multiple timelines and has committed genocide against humans and mutants both, to the extent that both populations are near total collapse in the future.

If you leave hyperbole out of it and look at results only, mutants are doing far better than okay. They're Hulk Hogan vs Gillberg. I mean, c'mon.
    Until Krakoa, they were being hunted to death by every major country on the planet which passed overwhelmingly supported legislation to have every mutant hunted down and killed. After House of M they were down to less than 300. But tell me more how they aren't the oppressed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Until Krakoa, they were being hunted to death by every major country on the planet which passed overwhelmingly supported legislation to have every mutant hunted down and killed. After House of M they were down to less than 300. But tell me more how they aren't the oppressed ones.
    Because of the multiple examples I listed where they literally took over the entire planet? But tell me they're an endangered race of perenial Fivel Moskowitzs when entire governments have to ban together for a shot at an even fight that can be undone by a single omega. "Stop oppressing me, Gillberg!", screamed the Hulkster as he went for his 25th atomic leg drop on the smaller man's twitching corpse.

“The mutants aren’t oppressed. They’re actually the real oppressors.”

BANNED

Because of the multiple examples I listed where they literally took over the entire planet?
    We’ve addressed those. How were they ever “always in control”? Was letting O.N.E. set up an internment camp on the school lawn with Sentinels being in control?

And it’s Fievel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “The mutants aren’t oppressed. They’re actually the real oppressors.”
    I'm irked. You've really, sincerely, pissed me off by reducing my writing to neo-nazi talking points. I'm emotionally aware enough to acknowledge that. I'll try not to dwell on it.

BANNED

No one is calling you a neo-nazi. It's just a bit difficult to parse scoffing at 'the poor mutants' and claiming they're the real villains here when virtually all their big stories for the last two decades alone have been predicated on holocausts, misery and human-sponsored persecution and extermination. When, before now, have they had 'the upper hand' with humanity? Morrison's mutant renaissance came out of the Genoshan holocaust. Even the halcyon, overexposed what-other-franchises Marvel '90s had their one benefit concert ending in Xavier gunned down, followed by Operation Zero Tolerance and 616's first official Hound program (in X-Factor, and a thread that should be revisited IMO).
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-26-2019 at 01:24 AM.

I'm irked. You've really, sincerely, pissed me off by reducing my writing to neo-nazi talking points. I'm emotionally aware enough to acknowledge that. I'll try not to dwell on it.
    You actually have me laughing my entirenass off. WHO is calling you a neo-nazi????

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I never did finish that game. That is regret enough. Just as sometimes I regret stumbling onto CBR and registering at the forums, because sometimes the heat in the kitchen gets to be as hot as a million exploding suns and I know my opinions don't matter.

Funny story that. My road to CBR Forums started years ago when viewing a YouTube video taken from the "Marvel Disk Wars: Avengers" anime, of an episode during the X-Men arc. When one of the comments mentioned Cyclops having become a super-villain in the books (Toei premiered "MDWA" after "AvX" I think), my curiosity was piqued. After a random Google search, I saw CBR. Then I saw the forums. Then I registered so I can view file attachments. Then I began posting. And then I became a forum butt-monkey. I love and curse my addiction to these forums in the same breath nowadays.
    You know, people who agree with you tend not to answer. It's the ones who disagree with you who answer you and they do it hotly. Forums are not a faithful mirror of what people think. (Sometimes I comment on fanfiction websites and I say only nice sincere things. When I'm on the verge to say something critical, either I don't say anything or I use kid gloves. Artists' ego is so fragile…)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

No one is calling you a neo-nazi. It's just a bit difficult to parse scoffing at 'the poor mutants' and claiming they're the real villains here when virtually all their big stories for the last two decades alone have been predicated on holocausts, misery and human-sponsored persecution and extermination. When, before now, have they had 'the upper hand' with humanity? Morrison's mutant renaissance came out of the Genoshan holocaust. Even the halcyon, overexposed what-other-franchises Marvel '90s had their one benefit concert ending in Xavier gunned down, followed by Operation Zero Tolerance and 616's first official Hound program (in X-Factor, and a thread that should be revisited IMO).
    And the Legacy Virus.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

In that same spirit, couldn't we also agree that "mutants as a downtrodden minority" has become a facitious concept?

Preceeding the decimation, We had House of M. A total reality hijack where mutants ruled the world. Of course before all of that, there was the Age of Apocalypse, another reality hijack where mutants ruled the world. And after all that, there was the age of X-man, another total reality hijacking where mutants ruled the world, which was preceded by the phoenix five literally disarming all the nations of the world and ruling it in the name of mutantkind, which was preceded by the age of legion which WASN'T a total reality hijacking where mutants ruled the world but may as well been, since Legion was still calling the shots.

Also, mutants went from near total extinction to threatening humans with extinction within five marvel years. RESILIENCY OF COCKROACHES.

I never thought about it like that but it's obvious that the nature of superhero comics prevent the mutants from asserting dominance over the flatasses... I mean, flatscans. I do like how Hickman's tactics in DoX don't rely on the bullying tactics that we see in AoA and HoM.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

And even when Phoenix-empowered, Cyclops was able to control it to try to save the world, not conquer it. Black Panther had to help the Avengers in secret because Wakanda was double-dealing, trying to get in good with Mutants. They weren't afraid or feeling conquered, they were trying to work with them. As Reed pointed out, the only real problem was the Avengers attacking, like sending Thor in to kidnap and beat up children. Poor Velocidad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That was a long way of saying "never".
    "Cable was right!"