Page 126 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3557

Nothing against the Mayan and Aztec myths; as a modern day Pagan I actually know folks who follow, try to reconstruct their religion.

But I'm going to miss the Atlantis of Marvel comics and all it gave to Namor.

PS: I love Namor Cosplay Instagram page and of course will follow. The work is superlative!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So, GMTA ... it looks like someone else came up with the same theory I did about the MCU Megalodon throne, back in July.

https://twitter.com/MaximilanMarvel/...J_JZpDxHjkH8ug

That last bit about Namor and Attuma representing the two brothers, god of the sky and god of war, is a very interesting take, IMO.
    This was super interesting to read, thanks for linking it!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its just a trailer. However thoughts on Namor's voice/tone?
    As far as I'm aware Namor hadn't spoken yet in any trailer, the leaked one I saw, I don't recall him speaking either. I've always thought Namor should have non American/British accent, because in the comics Namor has said that English doesn't feel comfortable on his tongue, so even though Namor is fluent in 10 or more languages, he would have an accent of some sort.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    As far as I'm aware Namor hadn't spoken yet in any trailer, the leaked one I saw, I don't recall him speaking either. I've always thought Namor should have non American/British accent, because in the comics Namor has said that English doesn't feel comfortable on his tongue, so even though Namor is fluent in 10 or more languages, he would have an accent of some sort.
    He's the one speaking before they show him

You hear him say
    "You have exposed our power to the world."

"Wakanda has compromised us."

There's a googledrive link from reddit available if you want to watch it again.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 09-26-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Its just a trailer. However thoughts on Namor's voice/tone?
    Well, having grown up with John Vernon, it was different. But I had heard Tenoch Huerta's voice quite a bit in Narcos Mexico, so I had an idea of how he would sound. He went the quiet voice route, which is quite effective, IMO. He makes you lean in to hear him. There wasn't much of an accent, but it had the musical pattern of Spanish, so it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    He spoke in the leaked D23 footage. When he and Angela Basset were on the beach. It was ... powerful. You could tell his anger was barely leashed. Reminded me of that Dark Reign Cabal scene where he tells off Osborn. I can't wait to see it on a real trailer.

"You have exposed our power to the world. Wakanda has compromised us."
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

He's the one speaking before they show him

You hear him say
    "You have exposed our power to the world."

"Wakanda has compromised us."

There's a googledrive link from reddit available if you want to watch it again.
    That's it! Sorry, I stepped away from the computer, and posted without looking.

I'd love it. The twitter link I posted got taken down.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Nothing against the Mayan and Aztec myths; as a modern day Pagan I actually know folks who follow, try to reconstruct their religion.

But I'm going to miss the Atlantis of Marvel comics and all it gave to Namor.
    I am too. I get so frustrated by Marvel's dismissal of Namor both in the comics and in the MCU. They have basically surrendered the underwater hero genre that Everett created with Namor to DC. He should have appeared first on film. Heck, he should have been in the first Cap movie, with the Invaders, instead of the Howling Commandos.

That said, the MCU is an adaptation of the comics. If we get more quality Namor comics it will all be good.

Namor News ��
    @NamorNews
    In an interview with
    @empiremagazine
    , Tenoch Huerta confirms that his version of #Namor is a mutant.

#BlackPantherWakandaForever

(https://empireonline.com/movies/news...clusive-image/)

Namor Is ‘A Dream Antagonist’ For Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Says Ryan Coogler – Exclusive Image
    empireonline.com/movies...
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 09-26-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Ryan had a pitch for a tag at the end of Black Panther,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige reveals. “The camera would push through the palace in Wakanda, and then we’d see wet footprints leading up to the throne.”

Ryan had a pitch for a tag at the end of Black Panther,” Marvel boss Kevin Feige reveals. “The camera would push through the palace in Wakanda, and then we’d see wet footprints leading up to the throne.”
    That would have folks screaming. LOL!

Namor News ��
    @NamorNews
    In an interview with
    @empiremagazine
    , Tenoch Huerta confirms that his version of #Namor is a mutant.

#BlackPantherWakandaForever

(https://empireonline.com/movies/news...clusive-image/)

Namor Is ‘A Dream Antagonist’ For Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Says Ryan Coogler – Exclusive Image
    empireonline.com/movies...

Yes!! I was hoping we'd get at least one advance pic of Namor from Empire, when I saw the other two. I think this is the youngest I've seen Huerta look.

I'm glad Coogler referred to Namor as the antagonist, and not a villain, though I think he mis-stepped in saying Greek myth is not a real culture. It's the culture of the Greeks and the Romans, and by extension Western / European. I'm sure he meant that Atlantis itself isn't a real culture, as it's a fictional creation of Plato.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes!! I was hoping we'd get at least one advance pic of Namor from Empire, when I saw the other two. I think this is the youngest I've seen Huerta look.

I'm glad Coogler referred to Namor as the antagonist, and not a villain, though I think he mis-stepped in saying Greek myth is not a real culture. It's the culture of the Greeks and the Romans, and by extension Western / European. I'm sure he meant that Atlantis itself isn't a real culture, as it's a fictional creation of Plato.
    I gotta be honest. I think Huerta is going to look really different at times throughout the movie because they stopped filming because of Covid/injuries a number of times.

His face looks different from the comic con trailer. Probably got in better shape as time went by.

I gotta be honest. I think Huerta is going to look really different at times throughout the movie because they stopped filming because of Covid/injuries a number of times.

His face looks different from the comic con trailer. Probably got in better shape as time went by.
    That's true. And he said they went back for reshoots after SDCC, so it was filmed various times over two years?

In the mess of complaining about Tenoch Huerta's MCU Namor on social media., by literally people that have never read a Namor book, I find gems like this, accompanying the new Empire Magazine picture.

Quote Originally Posted by instayarde
    Just buy the tickets little man. She don’t give AF bout how white you think Namor is! She already indulged your Little Mermaid tantrum.

Mama wants some “Sub-Mariner”
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_K96Sr..._web_copy_link

LMAO!