Page 102 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 77781

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think both the Batman guy and Black Panther had their advantages which ended up stalemating things (which is personally what I would expect from a Batman/Black Panther fight).

T'Challa essentially mentions that Batman is the better fighter. But the way T'Challa was drawn (with the mirage effect) I think was attemping to show enhanced speed and agility. And I think that was essentially the balance. T'Challa was a hair quicker and more agile, while Batman was a slightly more skilled fighter. And those advantages ended up cancelling each other out and giving us a fairly even contest in the short window of time we had.

This is the issue for me I truly think that pre-KOTD Panther would beat or possibly stalemate batman-like guy. Any Pantherphile knows T'challa has been training since youth in hand to hand, and Bruce possibly since a young man. Then when T'challa was older he learned and mastered other outside martial arts. I just consider those facts alone and wonder why does batman-like guy get soooo much shine against our man? The thing I'll give ground is the fact these guys are still alien to them...but keep in mind Panther had plenty of opportunity to see, and study the great society.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I wondering what you guys thoughts on the Black Panther's showing in the recent New Avengers. Just as I was thinking that his upgrade gave possible boost to his strength and other physical stats, now I'm not sure that he got any boost whatsoever. If he was fighting a Batman anagram I can't believe Panther would be stalemated.
    "supposed to be Batman" doesn't automatically mean he is only human. We simply don't know his origins or powers. Just that he is "batman-like" For all we know, he is super soldier peak human ala Cap
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 07-02-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is the issue for me I truly think that pre-KOTD Panther would beat or possibly stalemate batman-like guy. Any Pantherphile knows T'challa has been training since youth in hand to hand, and Bruce possibly since a young man. Then when T'challa was older he learned and mastered other outside martial arts. I just consider those facts alone and wonder why does batman-like guy get soooo much shine against our man? The thing I'll give ground is the fact these guys are still alien to them...but keep in mind Panther had plenty of opportunity to see, and study the great society.
    When you consider most of the Illuminati flat out lost their fights, I'd say T'Challa stalemating actually made him look pretty good.

The score was basically that Strange kicked behind, T'Challa held his own, and the rest of their team got stomped.

When you consider most of the Illuminati flat out lost their fights, I'd say T'Challa stalemating actually made him look pretty good.

The score was basically that Strange kicked behind, T'Challa held his own, and the rest of their team got stomped.
    I do hear X, I guess there is still some of the young kid in me that just wants to see my favorite get one straight up school tear ya mouth out beat down on an opponent.

I think both the Batman guy and Black Panther had their advantages which ended up stalemating things (which is personally what I would expect from a Batman/Black Panther fight).

T'Challa essentially mentions that Batman is the better fighter. But the way T'Challa was drawn (with the mirage effect) I think was attemping to show enhanced speed and agility. And I think that was essentially the balance. T'Challa was a hair quicker and more agile, while Batman was a slightly more skilled fighter. And those advantages ended up cancelling each other out and giving us a fairly even contest in the short window of time we had.
    Not really. There is nothing to suggest that he's a "hair quicker and agile". Rider was never show to move anywhere close to that. In fact, he simply guesed and used instinct on where T'challa would end up. Very skillful, great reflexes-- but it doesn't show anything relating to speed. T'challa also said he "might" be the better fighter. Which amounts to nothing but T'challa being modest. Both are skilled. Like any fight, things happen. In hand to hand you don't need things to be even to cancel out to have a stalemate. Underdogs win all the time. To me it's just two skilled fighters going at it. Sometimes advantages or whatever don't matter.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

To my fellow BP fans. My best friend does comic art. His name is Damon Bowie and I've been telling him about all the die hard BP fans I know and how he should draw one. Here it is. Sorry for the glare. Attachment 5176 PM me of just state what you think. I thought bout some of my closes friends who love BP and got this done. His site is http://www.damonbowieart.com/. Hope you guys like the BP and check out his other art.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphan View Post
    Not really. There is nothing to suggest that he's a "hair quicker and agile". Rider was never show to move anywhere close to that. In fact, he simply guesed and used instinct on where T'challa would end up. Very skillful, great reflexes-- but it doesn't show anything relating to speed. T'challa also said he "might" be the better fighter. Which amounts to nothing but T'challa being modest. Both are skilled. Like any fight, things happen. In hand to hand you don't need things to be even to cancel out to have a stalemate. Underdogs win all the time. To me it's just two skilled fighters going at it. Sometimes advantages or whatever don't matter.
    Truthfully we don't know a lot about that fight. It's certainly true that T'Challa suggesting that Batman guy might be a better fighter could just be him being modest (though honestly I'm skeptical of that). And given the fact that the Rider was essentially stationary in the entire fight, there's no way to accurately guage whether he's slower, faster, or as fast as T'Challa. The mirage effect IMO was a way to indicate enhanced speed, but we can't say for sure how that speed is relative to Riders. Their reflexes at least seemed comparable in what little we have seen.

Either way, they fought evenly and I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To my fellow BP fans. My best friend does comic art. His name is Damon Bowie and I've been telling him about all the die hard BP fans I know and how he should draw one. Here it is. Sorry for the glare. Attachment 5176 PM me of just state what you think. I thought bout some of my closes friends who love BP and got this done. His site is http://www.damonbowieart.com/. Hope you guys like the BP and check out his other art.
    Is that Wakanda in the background

Nice
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nice, welcome to the thread! Any particular favorite Panther related moments or story/run?
    I'd have a hard time saying one is better than another, since they tend to be always awesome. But honestly the Panther run during Secret Invasion is one of my favorites...and one of the only good parts of that story
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Is that Wakanda in the background

Nice
    Yes it is. Black Panther, Wakanda and all their glory!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Incredible Member

Not going to lie, that's an awesome pic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Hello, it's my first time posting on this thread. I'm a huge Panther fan
    Amandla, fello Wakandan.

Welkom 2 Wakanda!

T'Challa suggesting that Batman guy might be a better fighter is bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    T'Challa suggesting that Batman guy might be a better fighter is bad writing.
    Actually is was the batman guy suggesting that T'Challa was better.

Put Panther God Power up's Aside. T'challa and or any BP should always be the superior fighter, not being bias just that a warrior nation where everyone is trained to fight since the moment they can walk just scream victory to me.

I would never believe that JL could take out themyscira amazonians.
    Avenger taking out Asgard, Wakanda, or Atlantis. Heck i feel that even the Savageland has good chance .