View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 235 of 619 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    So there's a nasty rumor floating around based on a leak that Scott will be stepping back from leadership in the coming days. The leak was right about a number of other items including Extermination being the vehicle for Scott's resurrection. This has been bugging me for a while now because I can absolutely see Marvel doing this. Do you think Scott can work in an non-leadership position?
    Was the leak from Bleeding Cool?, because if it wasn't is unlikely to be true.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Was the leak from Bleeding Cool?, because if it wasn't is unlikely to be true.
    No. I saw this when it popped up in the Emma thread but I guess it showed up in the Rogue thread first? I don't know. Here it is anyway for those who haven't seen it.

No. I saw this when it popped up in the Emma thread but I guess it showed up in the Rogue thread first? I don't know. Here it is anyway for those who haven't seen it.

That is from almost a year ago, before we knew that Scott was coming back. So i won't put much trust in it. If Hickman is going to do more X-Men stuff beyond those 2 mini, he is not going to make Scott step back.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That is from almost a year ago, before we knew that Scott was coming back. So i won't put much trust in it. If Hickman is going to do more X-Men stuff beyond those 2 mini, he is not going to make Scott step back.
    Fair enough. There is enough here that's right that it makes me wonder. I think Marvel's shown they're more than capable of taking anything they want away from Scott and his leadership role has already been eroded post Schism.

Yeah, there were some predictions vague enough to be likely but I don't think it holds much water. Extermination being the vehicle for Scott's return and Hickman coming on with two books were predictions being made constantly.

Regardless, what do I think about Scott stepping back from a leadership position? I don't think it would be consistent/in-character for him to do so willingly if there's work to do. Retirement is not for him. I would be okay with him stepping down from X-Men leadership if he were given a solo book where he has his own supporting cast. They should be characters who haven't been used in a while, so that while the spotlight is obviously on the titular character, underutilized characters get some limelight again.

This makes me ill because while I think Scott can work as a free agent(Steve had his stint as a regular soldier) this feels that it will be a Scarlet Witch debacle aka they disappear him for a few years.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, there were some predictions vague enough to be likely but I don't think it holds much water. Extermination being the vehicle for Scott's return and Hickman coming on with two books were predictions being made constantly.

Regardless, what do I think about Scott stepping back from a leadership position? I don't think it would be consistent/in-character for him to do so willingly if there's work to do. Retirement is not for him. I would be okay with him stepping down from X-Men leadership if he were given a solo book where he has his own supporting cast. They should be characters who haven't been used in a while, so that while the spotlight is obviously on the titular character, underutilized characters get some limelight again.
    That's pretty much leadership by a different name though isn't it? Look, I agree that Scott needs this. I wrote a verily long post to that effect in this thread a few days ago. I'm struggling to see how his personality and methods make sense in the context of zero responsibility. Retirement is out of the question. The only way I could see that happening is if he gets back together with Jean and they decide this is right for them both. This isn't crazy considering the fallout from OZT almost got them there I think. I don't recall any significant X-Men who's ever retired though and I can't imagine Jean hanging up her spurs this quickly after coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    This makes me ill because while I think Scott can work as a free agent(Steve had his stint as a regular soldier) this feels that it will be a Scarlet Witch debacle aka they disappear him for a few years.
    The wording "stepping back" sounds voluntary to me though. It does line up with his angst about his leadership effectiveness lately in Uncanny, though that's been an element of Scott's personality for a very long time.

without leaderships, back together with JEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAANNNNN!!!
    basically Tyke 2.0.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    without leaderships, back together with JEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAANNNNN!!!
    basically Tyke 2.0.
    Were they ever really a couple? I don't think so. I mean he was dating Bloodstorm just a few issues before he went back. You make a good point though. Tyke is all of Scott's worst qualities but none of his best because he didn't have a chance to use them. I get why some fans are salty about Jean.

Fair enough. There is enough here that's right that it makes me wonder. I think Marvel's shown they're more than capable of taking anything they want away from Scott and his leadership role has already been eroded post Schism.
    Worst case scenario, he migth not be leading the main X-Men team (the Uncanny one) and Jean comes back to be the HBIC, in that title, as PrezValentine puts it. You know, the B-Team instead of the main one, but stepping back?, i don't see it, he is a toy that Marvel wants to use again, for good or for ill (hopefully for good).

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

We can stop Jean. Get your pitchforks! Get your torches! Get your VISORS! To Marvel HQ we march! Burn Searebro to the ground!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Worst case scenario, he migth not be leading the main X-Men team (the Uncanny one) and Jean comes back to be the HBIC, in that title, as PrezValentine puts it. You know, the B-Team instead of the main one, but stepping back?, i don't see it, he is a toy that Marvel wants to use again, for good or for ill (hopefully for good).
    That would pretty much be a do over of X-Factor. That I could support. It's not so much that I think Scott needs to be in charge of the entire X-Men line, but he does need to be in charge of whatever unit he's operating in. Of course there still Charles floating around out here. The idea that Charles will be back in charge is the one element of these "predictions" that I find hardest to believe.

I see two ways Scott isn't the leader:
    1. The Captain America visit is to give the team warning to keep what they're doing quiet, part of which will be deemphasizing Scott's being alive.
    2. Mixing this with the other rumor/theory about his eye, he's in a hospital for a stretch.

That would pretty much be a do over of X-Factor. That I could support. It's not so much that I think Scott needs to be in charge of the entire X-Men line, but he does need to be in charge of whatever unit he's operating in. Of course there still Charles floating around out here. The idea that Charles will be back in charge is the one element of these "predictions" that I find hardest to believe.
    Well, for what i heard, Hickman is a big fan of Magneto and Charles, so maybe some sort of conflict between Scott and Xavier could arrise from this.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona