Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Hope it’s Luke. It be a good opportunity to build up his profile in the DCU. It’s nice to have new stories. New perspectives. Of course it’s only temporary like any other story, so should I cry about it? Of course not. It’s comics and I’m stable enough to deal with it. Color me intrigued.

It’d be disrespectful if it was Black Lightning. DC is currently building up his profile in various mediums after years of behind the scenes issues. He ain’t to be mentored by Bruce.
    Last edited by Iconic; 09-03-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Luke Fox is completely forgettable as a character.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Luke is already dressed as Batman.

Ultimate Member

Color before character? Really?

Can I get a list of the books that do that?
    So I can see for myself?

Yes this is nothing more than a cheap stunt. Because its the only way to get a Luke book out there since some take issue with him existing. He is Batman and that means automatic shelf space in stories and bins like Batman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Hope it’s Luke. It be a good opportunity to build up his profile in the DCU. It’s nice to have new stories. New perspectives. Of course it’s only temporary like any other story, so should I cry about it? Of course not. It’s comics and I’m stable enough to deal with it. Color me intrigued.

It’d be disrespectful if it was Black Lightning. DC is currently building up his profile in various mediums after years of behind the scenes issues. He ain’t to be mentored by Bruce.
    If you want to build up Luke do it as batwing. Not like this where you will have the usual factions.
    Because if this is all you do and then toss him aside like Jason Rusch you have wasted everyone’s time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Color before character? Really?

Can I get a list of the books that do that?
    So I can see for myself?

Yes this is nothing more than a cheap stunt. Because its the only way to get a Luke book out there since some take issue with him existing. He is Batman and that means automatic shelf space in stories and bins like Batman.
    We don't actually know it's color before character, that's just how bleeding cool is wording their article.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post

So being Batman would build up Batwing, but not Black Lightning? And as Batman he would be an equal to Bruce.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you want to build up Luke do it as batwing. Not like this where you will have the usual factions.
    Because if this is all you do and then toss him aside like Jason Rusch you have wasted everyone’s time.
    Nah. I’d rather they do it as Batman. I find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We don't actually know it's color before character, that's just how bleeding cool is wording their article.
    Hey now, don’t get in the way of the overreactions. By George! This is comic fandom at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So being Batman would build up Batwing, but not Black Lightning? And as Batman he would be an equal to Bruce.
    Really? Black Lightning has his own tv show. Is leading the team on Batman and the Outsiders. Is a major player in Young Justice Outsiders. Why would he become the Batman? That goes directly against everything they’re currently doing to elevate his name/profile. I’d be shocked.

And he’s already equal to Bruce (according to Batman and the Outsiders) in that he won’t take any of Bruce’s crap. He’s working with him. Not for him. He’s his own man.
    Last edited by Iconic; 09-03-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Wow, I didn't know Luke Fox had so many fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He's completely dull. I don't think there is anything interesting about him other than being Lucius' son, but he already had two daughters that were already established before Luke they could have done more with instead of creating Luke. I felt David was a more interesting character as well who got sidelined for him as well.

I wonder how they will write out Damian for the story. I guess he is barely a Batman character these days anyway so it won't be too difficult, but I imagine he won't be happy with another Batman. Writing out Tim and Dick for it should be easy as they do that regularly as well. I guess they will just say Jason doesn't care if he is still in Gotham when it is going on.
    Last edited by Badou; 09-03-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

We don't know much so I'll reserve judgment until later. The only dread I felt was wondering how they will explain Dick not taking the mantle. My hope is he knows Bruce is alive and doesn't want to do it, but my the shiver down my spine whispered "Ric lives."

I don't want to live in that timeline.

BANNED

Unnececary. There is enough black people represented in media. If you want to replace Batman, how about a less represented minorty ?

Whether you think it’s nessessary or not, this is a gimmick they were bound to try eventually. Between Duke and Luke, I think Duke has more potential. If only because I don’t like the idea of Luke to begin with. Outside of special occasions like when the court of owls invaded the batcave, I don’t think any batfamily member should wear an iron man suit. Duke at least has a pretty interesting gimmick as a low level metahuman.
    Anyway there’s also Michael Lane, his sidequest in Arkham Knight made me somewhat interested in what kind of Batman he would be.

BANNED

This might be a Bendis project btw... You know he will create something like Miles Morales for DC. That would be bad... i really want to see him write Bruce Wayne but what are you gonna do... I hope it will be short, i believe it will be short when sales plumated... lol I will drop for sure. Have no interest. too bad it will be Bendis.