Page 32 of 750 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont believe that is happening any time soon I'd he whispers I'm hearing are true.
    At this point, with all the damage done by Coates to the BP mythos, most of us are just interested in another writer with a positive non-cynical outlook writing the Black Panther comic.

Based on this interview with Evan Narcisse ( https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598 ) Coates is somewhat aware of the problems fans of BP have with his run. We've basically been saying the same complaints the whole time ( i.e. T'Challa's incompetence, Evil Wakanda, negative African stereotypes, negative black Male stereotypes etc).

Hopefully, they will do to Black Panther like marvel did with Captain Marvel and give T'Challa a new creative team.

Coates didn't have to be a long term fan to write the character of T'Challa & Wakanda. He just had to show the mythos respect, like Priest, Hudlin & Hudlin. Something he couldn't do for 4 yrs.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-20-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Well, I'm convinced! Unsupported rumors from unknown sources MUST be true!

Just like how, despite the fact that Coogler hasn't even said he's finished the script, everyone knows the villain will be Namor/Doom/Armless Tiger Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    At this point, with all the damage done by Coates to the BP mythos, most of us are just interested in another writer with a positive non-cynical outlook writing the Black Panther comic.

Based on this interview with Evan Narcisse ( https://io9.gizmodo.com/ta-nehisi-co...her-1786632598 ) Coates is somewhat aware of the problems fans of BP have with his run. We've basically been saying the same complaints the whole time ( i.e. T'Challa's incompetence, Evil Wakanda, negative African stereotypes, negative black Male stereotypes etc).

Hopefully, they will do to Black Panther like marvel did with Captain Marvel and give T'Challa a new creative team.

Coates didn't have to be a long term fan to write the character of T'Challa & Wakanda. He just had to show the mythos respect, like Priest, Hudlin & Hudlin. Something he couldn't do for 4 yrs.
    its interesting when you remember the originally he wanted to only do a 13 issue run or Nation under our feet, in Which he would of ended the run with T'Challa losing the crown.. again.. right after getting it back. Which at this point, if it would of given us a new creative team (such as Redjack or Narcisse even) then I would take that in a heart beat. That sounds way better then... This

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, I'm convinced! Unsupported rumors from unknown sources MUST be true!

Just like how, despite the fact that Coogler hasn't even said he's finished the script, everyone knows the villain will be Namor/Doom/Armless Tiger Man!
    You mean he's still writing the script since 2019?
    Last edited by Dboi654; 01-21-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    You mean he's still writing the script since 2018?
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/rya...2-s-1838737164

It did say that shooting would begin late 2019 or early 2020 though.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/11/rya...anther-sequel/

It did say that shooting would begin late 2019 or early 2020 though.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/10/11/rya...anther-sequel/
    Actually, it says that shooting was EXPECTED to take place then. That report is a year older... they hadn't even announced the release date yet.

That wasn't announced until August of last year: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/b...te-1203313186/

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

You mean he's still writing the script since 2019?
    Its wild how Taika has shot/completed two other movies and is about to start on Thor 4 before Coogler does BP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Its wild how Taika has shot/completed two other movies and is about to start on Thor 4 before Coogler does BP2.
    Yeah, how DARE Coogler take his time!

It's not like the original Black Panther made more money than all of Waititi's movies combined or anything.. he should just crank BP2 out quickly!
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-21-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Thor 4 is going to be the same bland action-comedy that the MCU has been churning out forever though. BP at least gets a little more freedom in its approach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thor 4 is going to be the same bland action-comedy that the MCU has been churning out forever though. BP at least gets a little more freedom in its approach.
    I wouldn't say bland, but Marvel is hesitant to use Thor's larger mythos. In that regard, Panther fans are lucky, especially because we have less to work with.

Thor=on point improvisation, hot dogging actors, with a dash of script!

Black Panther =racial exposition, political commentary, and Shakespearean undertones! Naw. I get it let the man take his time.

Thor Ragnarok is actually a really fun and entertaining film in my opinion despite some of my gripes with and still made good money at the box office. When you strip away from the comedy, the film is actually pretty dark.

Let's not that the same director who is going to make another "Bland mcu film" is the same guy that got nominated for 6 Oscar awards for his latest film which is amongst most people's top then movies of the year and even directed one of if not the best episode of the Mandolrian imo. So yes Taika is a really talented dude.

I really do like him as a director though and for him to do be able to do 3 movies and an episode for a popular tv series withing 3 years is a commendable feat.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 01-21-2020 at 02:12 PM.

It's not really that wild. Thor is part of Phase 4, while BP isn't. Obviously Coogler has more time if his movie comes out later. If BP was part of phase 4 and Thor wasn't, I imagine the reverse would be true.