Page 96 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I'm curious to see what happens to Red Hood/Arsenal when Rebirth rolls around. My guess is that Red Hood will have a book to himself, while Roy will go back to being GA's supporting cast. Whatever happens, I hope they don't ignore the friendship. At this point, it has been solidified.
    I guess we will see, Roy is a friends of him and Dick so he probably wil swing by Gotham every now and then

Joker daughter, is she renting a room in this book, why is her going to high school important how old is she ?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm curious to see what happens to Red Hood/Arsenal when Rebirth rolls around. My guess is that Red Hood will have a book to himself, while Roy will go back to being GA's supporting cast. Whatever happens, I hope they don't ignore the friendship. At this point, it has been solidified.
    Yeah, I'm curious to see what will happen to Red Hood/Arsenal the title, as well as to Jason, Roy and Duella. Hopefully everything that was built here and all the character development that happened doesn't just get thrown out the window in the name of synergy.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I don't like the sound of that
    Sounds to me like a storyline tease that brings them closer.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious to see what will happen to Red Hood/Arsenal the title, as well as to Jason, Roy and Duella. Hopefully everything that was built here and all the character development that happened doesn't just get thrown out the window in the name of synergy.
    I definitely want Red Hood/Arsenal to continue through Rebirth.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Well someone in the main May Solicits post has suggested that they are stealth cancelling all the titles because of Rebirth in June and the main reason for the suggestion was the fact that books that are already known to be ending don't have FINAL ISSUE on them. I guess we'll find out what's going on once they start bringing out information on Rebirth sometime this week.
    Excuse me. I need this gif:

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Since when Roy has problems with Jason's methods?

I want Red Hood solo, but not at the expense of Jason and Roy friendship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    Since when Roy has problems with Jason's methods?

I want Red Hood solo, but not at the expense of Jason and Roy friendship.
    That`s what I think as well. And I still think you could have solo stories of either in form of a self contained Back Up. I love that vintage Comics format.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I do. I long for solo Jason stories, or Jason's equivalent to Batman's stories.

Besides, if JoBlo is right, and they've been on the money lately, UtRH is going to be adapted within the next 5 years. What does that mean? What it usually means: the character will be reverted to a state similar to the version of the character in the movie.

This Rebirth is an easy way to do this to the DC characters, with the DCEU on the way.

They need to keep his friendships, tho. I wouldn't be surprised if his solo focused on his relationship with Talia.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-17-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I do. I long for solo Jason stories, or Jason's equivalent to Batman's stories.

Besides, if JoBlo is right, and they've been on the money lately, UtRH is going to be adapted within the next 5 years. What does that mean? What it usually means: the character will be reverted to a state similar to the version of the character in the movie.

This Rebirth is an easy way to do this to the DC characters, with the DCEU on the way.
    Except that UTRH already happened and the aftermath of that story lead to the stagnation of Jason's character. He basically became a one note Bat villain who was hung up on his death and the fact that Bruce never avenged him by killing Joker. Nobody had a plan for him going forward, unless you want to count that nonsense about making him an evil, killer version of Nightwing, and so that lead to a succession of mediocre directions and stories that basically went nowhere. Frankly I have no desire to see that version of the character again or to repeat those types of stories either. I'd much rather they try to find a balance between who he was then and who he is now and that they have some kind of definitive direction they want to take him in. At least Lobdell went into this with a plan in mind and a clear idea of how to bet there, which is more then a lot of writers before him had.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-17-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Except that UTRH already happened and the aftermath of that story lead to the stagnation of Jason's character. He basically became a one note Bat villain who was hung up on his death and the fact that Bruce never avenged him by killing Joker. Nobody had a plan for him going forward, unless you want to count that nonsense about making him an evil, killer version of Nightwing, and so that lead to a succession of mediocre directions and stories that basically went nowhere. Frankly I have no desire to see that version of the character again or to repeat those types of stories either. I'd much rather they try to find a balance between who he was then and who he is now and that they have some kind of definitive direction they want to take him in. At least Lobdell went into this with a plan in mind and a clear idea of how to bet there, which is more then a lot of writers before him had.
    I'm not necessarily talking about that version coming back. I'm merely talking about going back to a one man act, or just having a solo, with a more serious tone to it.

Like his first arc could be him taking a contract on Professor Pyg, or something. The second arc could see him go mystical with Talia, and a third arc with him teaming up with Roy, or Dick.

While Lobdell did some interesting things, I don't feel his storytelling is all that strong. Same goes for his dialogue. I'd like to see a new writer take the helm. If I could have my way, it'd be Warren Ellis, or Brian Wood; their Moon Knight runs were heavily grounded, sure, but the storytelling, and dialogue, were leagues beyond what Lobdell does in his books.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 02-17-2016 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

Yeah I get what you`re saying. They won`t erase what Loedebll did since he expanded so much on the backstory but with UTRH being possibly adapted to the big screen, they may shift the tone of the storylines from action movie hero to a more serious direction.

Some of the themes handled by Loedbell were serious to me and I think he tried to inject some of his own (did the Joker chose Jason or not?) but there`s no doubt there are writers out there more fit to that type of storytelling. Loedbell´s fortč is about having fun with the themes, not so much the descontruction of them.

As long they don`t make the same mistakes that they did before with the post UTRH stories and maintain the healthy balance they seem to have going for the reboot, the tone shifting will seem natural as it is. Jason as a character is as fit with a small cast of teammates as he can be solo.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-17-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Agreed, I want Jason back in the bat-comics but I think a series of him learning to accept what happened and mending his relationships with Dick/Tim/Damien/Barbara would be interesting - I liked in Death of the Family how Tim & Jason stayed friends as "outsiders" (cant remember exact wording) within the Bat-Family and I hope we get more integration, not this "I am the dark one of the family, all I ever do is argue with Nightwing and when I join the group for any reason I leave the team straight away after!"

I really thought after DOTF that DC were going in this direction this they screwed up by having Bruce only want Jason there to help him figure out how he came back to try and do the same to Damien

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I'm not necessarily talking about that version coming back. I'm merely talking about going back to a one man act, or just having a solo, with a more serious tone to it.
    Solo stories would be nice but I don't want to see them all have a serious tone either. I like a bit of variety myself so I'd like the writer to mix up both the tone and the scope of the stories told. I'd also like to see a story once in a while that is basically Jason having a bit of downtime with other characters, like Roy or his brothers. There's not enough of that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

As long they don`t make the same mistakes that they did before with the post UTRH stories and maintain the healthy balance they seem to have going for the reboot, the tone shifting will seem natural as it is. Jason as a character is as fit with a small cast of teammates as he can be solo.
    Exactly. It's fine so long as they have some kind of plan for him and so long as it seems to be a natural direction for him to go in these days. Otherwise all they are doing is regressing the character and I don't think any fan of Jason Todd would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Agreed, I want Jason back in the bat-comics but I think a series of him learning to accept what happened and mending his relationships with Dick/Tim/Damien/Barbara would be interesting.
    I think that could be a very interesting story for a few issues anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah I get what you`re saying. They won`t erase what Loedebll did since he expanded so much on the backstory but with UTRH being possibly adapted to the big screen, they may shift the tone of the storylines from action movie hero to a more serious direction.

Some of the themes handled by Loedbell were serious to me and I think he tried to inject some of his own (did the Joker chose Jason or not?) but there`s no doubt there are writers out there more fit to that type of storytelling. Loedbell´s fortč is about having fun with the themes, not so much the descontruction of them.

Exactly. Keep all the development, but depict Jason's stories as more serious in tone, as well as more deconstructions of what a Batman, or Dick Grayson, story would be. To me, that's what Jason is supposed to represent; an argument to Batman's philosophy. In the Arkham Knight annual issue, Jason describes the world as not black and white, but full of different POVs. Jason's wasn't raised the way any of the other members of the Bat Family was; he wasn't raised with a set moral foundation, and has had to adjust it constantly. It allows him to poke holes into Bruce's philosophy. I'd like to see that explored more, without making him a villain.

Also. I've always had the impression that Jason is quite cerebral, under all the cynicism, and sarcasm. More thinking, planning, and manipulating (good, and bad, guys) Jason, rather than action Jason sometimes.

Maybe show that Jason being able to read people goes beyond just combat.

This can be done without making him a villain.

Solo stories would be nice but I don't want to see them all have a serious tone either. I like a bit of variety myself so I'd like the writer to mix up both the tone and the scope of the stories told. I'd also like to see a story once in a while that is basically Jason having a bit of downtime with other characters, like Roy or his brothers. There's not enough of that in my opinion.
    Sure, he can still team up with others. I wouldn't be opposed to him, and Damian, just hanging out for a day in their civilian personas.