Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I loved this episode. Best episode of both seasons IMO. Very thrilling, intense, intimidating. Just wonderful. I do think it was a risk to make your main character seem sort of unlikeable and go against everyone at the end but it was exciting and I am very pumped for season 3. I just hope that next season they can figure out how to tell a more coherent overall story episode to episode and not just rely on atmosphere and themes as a replacement for events that are understandable and character motivations we can relate to, at least to a degree

There are indeed a lot of things that happened in s2 that were not resolved by the finale but then again I didn't expect them to be, at a certain point this season I realized they're just throwing stuff out there to make it be "random" and it's a creative choice and you shouldn't expect to be able to figure it all out (much like Twin Peaks). I don't like that but that's how it is. But this finale was superb.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I didn't think David was going to go full Spurrier at the end there... Shocked me. You never go full Spurrier. It was delightful. The impact of what David was doing didn't really hit me until Cid said "you drugged me and had sex with me". I was rooting for David the whole time. Since season one, but you can't ignore that he went off the deep end there. Love how it ended it with "Ok I'm done. You guys had your chance..."
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    So the finale was a mixed bag. I'm glad that they confirmed David does have mental health problems, I didn't really like how that was written off in the first season. I am less thrilled that they are using his mental illness to turn him into the antagonist. What he did to Syd this episode was also a moral event horizon for me, I don't think he can be redeemed from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah that was really creepy of David.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I didn't think David was going to go full Spurrier at the end there... Shocked me. You never go full Spurrier. It was delightful. The impact of what David was doing didn't really hit me until Cid said "you drugged me and had sex with me". I was rooting for David the whole time. Since season one, but you can't ignore that he went off the deep end there. Love how it ended it with "Ok I'm done. You guys had your chance..."
    Can you elaborate, please?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Can you elaborate, please?
    He basicly made her forget she was mad at him and expecting him to turn evil and astrolprojected into her room/mind and had sex.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Exactly. He had sex with while she wasn't in her right mind, and he's the one that put her in the state and when she asked him about it he kind of waved it off. That's not "we're drunk"- sex, that's no better than getting roofied by your boyfriend. Messed up stuff David.

Not in defense of what he ultimately did her, but up until that point I was feeling sorry for him. She's standing there holding the head of menator, with a gun on him, lecturing David about how he's going to turn on everyone while she basically explaining how and why she's turning on him. You don't go from "I'll die for you" to "you need to die" like that. She didn't seem to have any real remorse. At the end of the day, she was manipulated by someone that was being manipulated by the Shadow King. She may in fact be the reason he turned so drastically at the end. I think Cid broke him in that moment. Matter of fact, that's what she was warned about. That her boyfriend is the most powerful being on the planet and if she would upset him, he might end it. So she goes and tries to murder him in cold blood? Really? That's the plan? What happened to "we get lost together?" So she ASSUMES he's unredeemablely sick and unilaterally decided to put him down. There are sides to this and that what makes this show great.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-14-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yeah, I heard the spoilers and that David spoilers:
    raped his girlfriend
    end of spoilers.

...**** this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    He basicly made her forget she was mad at him and expecting him to turn evil and astrolprojected into her room/mind and had sex.
    Exactly. He had sex with while she wasn't in her right mind, and he's the one that put her in the state and when she asked him about it he kind of waved it off. That's not "we're drunk"- sex, that's no better than getting roofied by your boyfriend. Messed up stuff David.

Not in defense of what he ultimately did her, but up until that point I was feeling sorry for him. She's standing there holding the head of menator, with a gun on him, lecturing David about how he's going to turn on everyone while she basically explaining how and why she's turning on him. You don't go from "I'll die for you" to "you need to die" like that. She didn't seem to have any real remorse. At the end of the day, she was manipulated by someone that was being manipulated by the Shadow King. She may in fact be the reason he turned so drastically at the end. I think Cid broke him in that moment.
    Thank you.

BANNED

If this had been a smooth 8 episodes without the fluff this would've been a far better season. I also think they went down the Dark David route too quickly at the end after such a plodding pace the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I heard the spoilers and that David spoilers:
    raped his girlfriend
    end of spoilers.

...**** this show.
    Because of that? I could understand you being upset if David was still a protagonist but he's not. He's the antagonist now. To each his own.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    If this had been a smooth 8 episodes without the fluff this would've been a far better season. I also think they went down the Dark David route too quickly at the end after such a plodding pace the rest of the season.
    Well I don't think we the audience necessarily have to think of him as "Dark" just because other characters on the show do....

I would view it as a more complex situation involving misunderstandings and it's more that he has simply too many powers and isn't really able to cope with all of it and hasn't been trained well enough to do so (understandably so given Shadow King manipulations, the absence in an Orb for almost a year, and barely even being aware he is even a mutant in the first place)

And yeah I kind of wish the show creators didn't include that scene that could be interpreted as a broad type of sexual assault... I mean given our current social "climate" that's just asking for trouble and I'd be surprised if there won't be mobs assembled to demand boycotts of this show or something (even though we saw Syd do even worse things earlier on and apparently she will be presented as the new "Hero" for season 3)

OBEY

Syd swaps bodies with her mother and has sex with her boyfriend without him being aware of it. Or are we going to give her the "she was a kid!" excuse? She was old enough.

If you can forgive her, then you must forgive David.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well I don't think we the audience necessarily have to think of him as "Dark" just because other characters on the show do....

I would view it as a more complex situation involving misunderstandings and it's more that he has simply too many powers and isn't really able to cope with all of it and hasn't been trained well enough to do so (understandably so given Shadow King manipulations, the absence in an Orb for almost a year, and barely even being aware he is even a mutant in the first place)

And yeah I kind of wish the show creators didn't include that scene that could be interpreted as a broad type of sexual assault... I mean given our current social "climate" that's just asking for trouble and I'd be surprised if there won't be mobs assembled to demand boycotts of this show or something (even though we saw Syd do even worse things earlier on and apparently she will be presented as the new "Hero" for season 3)
    I don't think it's going to be that cut and dry. Syd did what she did based on being manipulated by the Shadow King, whom they've seem to have allied with now. The truth has to come out. While David was indeed sick, the way she approached the situation was skewed through a lens provided to her by the SK. She doesn't know that Melanie was being controlled during the time she was showing her David's "real face". While David may have been breaking, her turning on him (attempting to murder him) is what shattered him ultimately. David is the "bad guy" now but was it through his ow will? Did he have a choice not to turn? Lot of questions.
    Guild Member

I don't think it's going to be that cut and dry. Syd did what she did based on being manipulated by the Shadow King, whom they've seem to have allied with now. The truth has to come out. While David was indeed sick, the way she approached the situation was skewed through a lens provided to her by the SK. She doesn't know that Melanie was being controlled during the time she was showing her David's "real face". While David may have been breaking, her turning on him (attempting to murder him) is what shattered him ultimately. David is the "bad guy" now but was it through his ow will? Did he have a choice not to turn? Lot of questions.
    Don't forget the Consciousness of Amy still resides within Lenny , she could be a "guide" while David and Lenny are adventuring

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Syd swaps bodies with her mother and has sex with her boyfriend without him being aware of it. Or are we going to give her the "she was a kid!" excuse? She was old enough.

If you can forgive her, then you must forgive David.
    Can't really agree there. Two wrongs and all that. David, even though he had psychotically broke by then, and perhaps didn't see what he did in that way, he still had sex with her while her mind wasn't fully aware of the situation. It happened. Maybe he didn't mean to, maybe it wasn't his intention, but he did it.
    Guild Member

Can't really agree there. Two wrongs and all that. David, even though he had psychotically broke by then, and perhaps didn't see what he did in that way, he still had sex with her while her mind wasn't fully aware of the situation. It happened. Maybe he didn't mean to, maybe it wasn't his intention, but he did it.
    I'm saying Syd and David should receive equal treatment in-universe and out for what they did. You can't be ok with one and not ok with other.