Page 50 of 573 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Excerpt for all of us who recognized who all the Howlers were when they appeared and the reason they used them in the first place.
    We're already getting the Howling Commandos reference. Which 99% of the audience has no idea what that is.

And BTW, I don't recall them even being called the Howling Commandos in the movie, so why did he even say than, instead of "My Grandpa fought with Cap."?
    Tripp explicitly doesn't want to call attention to it and wants to make it on how own merits and not be known as X's grandkid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    We're already getting the Howling Commandos reference. Which 99% of the audience has no idea what that is.

Tripp explicitly doesn't want to call attention to it and wants to make it on how own merits and not be known as X's grandkid.
    Wait? What? He tells the other SHIELD agents my Grandad was a Howler, which they would know who they were and that they fought with Cap, but saying the name would "call attention" to it?

You know that makes no sense?

I just don't understand your point. You think they shouldn't reveal it? You think they made it a mystery because? The same people in the audience (and I would say it is much more than 1%) who know who the Howlers are, would know his granddad, so why keep it secret?

All-New Member

check out this music vid based on viper and hydra - its called 'HAIL HYDRA'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDtY1Ev2-Kg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Wait? What? He tells the other SHIELD agents my Grandad was a Howler, which they would know who they were and that they fought with Cap, but saying the name would "call attention" to it?
    He doesn't, actually. It's Agent Eric Koenig who first brings up his family background during the big loyalty interviews at the secret base. Tripp tries to downplay it while Agent Fanboy is all "If I were the grandson of a Howling Commando, I'd have it tattooed on my chest".
    And that line if the only time the term'Howling Commnado' is used in the entire MCU.

I just don't understand your point. You think they shouldn't reveal it? You think they made it a mystery because? The same people in the audience (and I would say it is much more than 1%) who know who the Howlers are, would know his granddad, so why keep it secret?
    The show has about 5-6 million viewers (plus x number of people who tape.DVR it or torrent it of whatever).

10% of that is half a million, which is more than the total number of people who buy Marvel superhero comics.
    Saying that less than 5% of the viewership knows what a Howling Commando is doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

He doesn't, actually. It's Agent Eric Koenig who first brings up his family background during the big loyalty interviews at the secret base. Tripp tries to downplay it while Agent Fanboy is all "If I were the grandson of a Howling Commando, I'd have it tattooed on my chest".
    And that line if the only time the term'Howling Commnado' is used in the entire MCU.

The show has about 5-6 million viewers (plus x number of people who tape.DVR it or torrent it of whatever).

10% of that is half a million, which is more than the total number of people who buy Marvel superhero comics.
    Saying that less than 5% of the viewership knows what a Howling Commando is doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
    First, reducing it to the people who now buy Marvel is absurd. I have many friends and family who read comics at one time and no longer do. Almost all of them knew who the Howling Commandos were. (maybe not their names, but they remember the comic)

Second, they teased this for a reason, do you object to them introducing this into the show, or that fans are speculating about it. What exactly is your objection?

No, I'm pretty sure it's used in the Winter Soldier, when Cap is touring the Cap museum incognito.

So based on the clip CBR linked to a few weeks ago, I'm betting Eric's "brother" is an LMD.

Great episode so far tonight.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I can't believe they fell for the empty cell gag lol
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so..............fitz has been talking to himself this whole ep?!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

That was kind of fun.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so..............fitz has been talking to himself this whole ep?!
    Definitely didn't see that coming. Well done. Overall, this episode has been really good. Great start to the season.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Definitely didn't see that coming. Well done. Overall, this episode has been really good. Great start to the season.
    Wtf did she leave for. That makes no sense.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I thought they did a pretty good job on the Absorbing Man. Much better than others they have tried on the show far over.

Mighty Member

Absorbing Man is a badass.