Page 54 of 190 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

How much of Jean/Logan is Jean just being a decent person and caring for someone that is hurt or needs support?

In some aspects it's like Logan's looking for something that isn't really there...and then Jean has a "need to be needed"

It's like a co-dependency thing rather than true love.

Same could be said for Scott/Emma. Scott was looking for someone to tell him he wasn't a bad guy after being merged with Apoc. His wife who knew what it was like to be bound to an evil being wasn't giving him any sort of reassurance. Emma knew what it was like to play the villain and knew Scott wasn't a bad guy...but thought "hey this could be fun"

Ultimate Member

Maybe some of it but Jean has gone past that over the years and so has Logan, it's more that Logan is trying to deny that he's head over heels in love with her at times so that he doesn't mess up her life...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The narration in this scene mentions Jean as "the woman who loved him from the beginning and still would until the end" or something, so I guess he means that.
    Was that written by Claremont who started the love triangle to punish Scott for leaving Maddie for Jean?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Same could be said for Scott/Emma. Scott was looking for someone to tell him he wasn't a bad guy after being merged with Apoc. His wife who knew what it was like to be bound to an evil being wasn't giving him any sort of reassurance. Emma knew what it was like to play the villain and knew Scott wasn't a bad guy...but thought "hey this could be fun"
    I don't remember it that way. It was Scott who pulled away from Jean (not the other way around) because of all the insecurities and dark thoughts Apocalypse exposed due to the merging. He felt like Jean was too perfect to understand. I think at one point he was even described as celibate. Scott's reluctance for intimacy with Jean is what pushed Jean to feel lonely and kiss Logan, which in turn may have pushed Scott to give in to Emma's advances.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Was that written by Claremont who started the love triangle to punish Scott for leaving Maddie for Jean?
    It was Lobdell. Claremont was gone by FA

The narration in this scene mentions Jean as "the woman who loved him from the beginning and still would until the end" or something, so I guess he means that.
    Yeah, is that one, i always had a problem taking seriously, but around that time Jean did appear a lot on his solo, but to me it usually come across as a nurse/therapist helping her patient, not as something romantic in her end.

But i supposed that other people read it differently.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, is that one, i always had a problem taking seriously, but around that time Jean did appear a lot on his solo, but to me it usually come across as a nurse/therapist helping her patient, not as something romantic in her end.

But i supposed that other people read it differently.
    Was this during Hama's 90's run, with that story where Lord Ogun possesses a mime of all people?

Was this during Hama's 90's run, with that story where Lord Ogun possesses a mime of all people?
    It was during Hama's run in the 90s, Jean was one of the X-Men that was more worried about him during that whole memory implants deal with Weapon X and his feral regression (you know that time of "OMG Wolverine is going feral" and that noseless was born), she has a lot of individual appearances in the book, there is an hilarious issue when Jubilee thinks that she and Logan were having an affair, but it was just Mystique in disguise trying to mess with Logan .

Ironically in that arc when Ogun posses that mime, Jean tells Storm that she has come to care about Logan as a brother.
    Last edited by TheCape; 11-20-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

my point is jean is as much a cheater as Cyclops is

Scott fell in love with Jean, who cheated on him with Logan and then died. Scott romanced a civilian girl who left him for Magneto. Scott romanced and married a Jean lookalike while thinking she's Jean for some reasons. But then Jean came back to life and Scott abandoned his pregnant wife and left her for Jean. Then Scott cheated on her with Emma while Jean resumed cheating on him with Logan. Then Jean died, and Scott fucked Emma on her grave. Then Emma cheated with Namor, and later she and Scott broke up. The end.

Cycle of life and all.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rosenberg also said that he prefer Jean on her own.

The biggest problem is if the editors want the couple back.
    Lol that's nonsense. What he means is she should be by herself until they are ready to put her with Scott.

As for editorial...this is ALL academic because the editors are going to do whatever is in the movies and Jott is going to be in the inevitable X-Men: The Animated Series: The Live-Action Movie.

I'm actually counting on that to be the saving grace. If Jean is strong and bold in the films, maybe we avoid the usual schlock that comes for Jean whether they want to push Little Scotty really, really badly.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 11-20-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post

Scott fell in love with Jean, who cheated on him with Logan and then died. Scott romanced a civilian girl who left him for Magneto. Scott romanced and married a Jean lookalike while thinking she's Jean for some reasons. But then Jean came back to life and Scott abandoned his pregnant wife and left her for Jean. Then Scott cheated on her with Emma while Jean resumed cheating on him with Logan. Then Jean died, and Scott fucked Emma on her grave. Then Emma cheated with Namor, and later she and Scott broke up. The end.

Cycle of life and all.
    Scott didnt abandon a pregnant wife. Madelyne already had the baby when their marriage went downhill and Scott did NOT leave her for Jean. Stop spreading this falsehood about him

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Lol that's nonsense. What he means is she should be by herself until they are ready to put her with Scott.

As for editorial...this is ALL academic because the editors are going to do whatever is in the movies and Jott is going to be in the inevitable X-Men: The Animated Series: The Live-Action Movie.

I'm actually counting on that to be the saving grace. If Jean is strong and bold in the films, maybe we avoid the usual schlock that comes for Jean whether they want to push Little Scotty really, really badly.
    For me, it seems like Rosenberg doesn't want to take responsability if Jott returns.

I'm also hoping for a more independent Jean on new rebooted movies. Dark Phoenix seems like another mistake.
    I think movie studios discovered that women can makle lots of $$ too, so I hope for more focus on x-women on the new franchise

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post

Cycle of life and all.
    This is a funny fanfic. I don't really ermmeber any of Jean cheating

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Depends on definition of cheating.

Many feel if there was no sex, there was no cheating.

Some consider kissing another to be a form of cheating.

Then there's "emotional" cheating where you're not having sex (yet), but clearly seeing someone with romantic intent (dating} while having a partner.

Jean has kissed Logan, and some will find that cheating. But still not as tacky as Scemma having sex on Jean's grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Depends on definition of cheating.

Many feel if there was no sex, there was no cheating.

Some consider kissing another to be a form of cheating.

Then there's "emotional" cheating where you're not having sex (yet), but clearly seeing someone with romantic intent (dating} while having a partner.

Jean has kissed Logan, and some will find that cheating. But still not as tacky as Scemma having sex on Jean's grave.
    I don't think Scemma had sex on Jean grave, they kissed and that was awful. Sex would be extreme bad taste and disrespect.

Jean never had any intention of getting ahead with Wolverine, majority of kisses was initiated by Logan. majority was also "If I die at least I will die happy kissing Jean"

Even if I considered what Jean did as cheating, it was nowhere close to what Scott did

BANNED

For me, it seems like Rosenberg doesn't want to take responsability if Jott returns.

I'm also hoping for a more independent Jean on new rebooted movies. Dark Phoenix seems like another mistake.
    I think movie studios discovered that women can makle lots of $$ too, so I hope for more focus on x-women on the new franchise

If we take the director-producer at his word, they really tried to make this second chance at Phoenix about the woman at the center of the story. We shall see.