Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It would seem Mephisto strikes again at another Spider.

spoilers:
    it seems Mephisto is gonna be messing with SpOck based on SSM #6. It can't be a coincidence, right? so far he's messed with Ben, Miles and Otto, maybe they are planning something.
    end of spoilers
    Don't forget he messed with Peter, too (and considering the rather prominent focus we're seeing on the Peter/MJ relationship and the supernatural aspects coming in with the Centidemon, I'm beginning to think they might actually be doing something with it). Are we gonna see the 4 Spider-Men of the Apocalypse? (5 if you count Flash-as-Venom).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If this were solely a Spider-Office thing, I could buy it, but it also involves the Avengers office, which makes me think that there's just some general lack of coordination where Mephisto can have an event where he loses his position and can't be Mephisto, but then he's doing normal Mephisto things in Avengers (which at least will explain) why this is happening), he's doing normal Mephisto things in Champions (another book from the Avengers office), and now he seems to be doing normal Mephisto things in Suppy. Hey guys, do you like Mephisto? Here's Mephisto, Mephisto, and more Mephisto. It's like everyone is independently doing their own spin on his gimmick for their books and now it's like he's the most popular Marvel villain.
    Or they're building up to an event where he's going to play a big role. He's got the Squadron Supreme is his pocket, a hold on some of the Champions, plus the Circle of Four (while I don't know what happened to that incarnation of Ghost Rider, X-23 is around and kicking, and Flash & Ross are both dead - the latter explicitly identified as being in hell - so maybe he's going to cash in his chips). Maybe he's getting the pieces into place for his big play.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Don't forget he messed with Peter, too (and considering the rather prominent focus we're seeing on the Peter/MJ relationship and the supernatural aspects coming in with the Centidemon, I'm beginning to think they might actually be doing something with it). Are we gonna see the 4 Spider-Men of the Apocalypse? (5 if you count Flash-as-Venom).

Or they're building up to an event where he's going to play a big role. He's got the Squadron Supreme is his pocket, a hold on some of the Champions, plus the Circle of Four (while I don't know what happened to that incarnation of Ghost Rider, X-23 is around and kicking, and Flash & Ross are both dead - the latter explicitly identified as being in hell - so maybe he's going to cash in his chips). Maybe he's getting the pieces into place for his big play.
    To explain the Circle of Four element, Alejandra was separated from the Spirit of Vengeance in the final issue of her run, but may have retained some hellfire power. The Venom symbiote pushed the Hell Mark and the cohabiting demon into its clone that it consumed at the end of the Daniel Way series and then vomited said clone onto Andi Benton, who became Mania and was later robbed of the clone by Lee Price, though she still retained the Hell Mark. Ross managed to negate the deal during the latter end of the 2013 Thunderbolts run when he led that version of the team, but in light of him being in hell now . . . maybe he makes a separate deal that gets him back in Mephisto's pocket in exchange for not being dead or something like that.

That aside, Spider-Men of the (Biblical) Apocalypse sounds awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

spider man: Hell to Pay seems to be a increasingly more likely possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spider man: Hell to Pay seems to be a increasingly more likely possibility.
    Yep, and Another Thing possibly teeing it up. Johnny Blaze: King of Hell is being handled by the Avengers after the War of the Realms, if they Depose Blaze, Mephisto can take Hell Back
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yep, and Another Thing possibly teeing it up. Johnny Blaze: King of Hell is being handled by the Avengers after the War of the Realms, if they Depose Blaze, Mephisto can take Hell Back
    That's a good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

so will it be a line wide crossover or contained within one or two titles is the question.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    so will it be a line wide crossover or contained within one or two titles is the question.
    If all the Mephisto appearances aren't just a big coincidence, I'd imagine it's a pretty big crossover - maybe all the non-cosmic properties except the X-Men (forecasting what the X-Men will be doing in the next year after Hickman's relaunch seems like folly). The Spiders, Champions, and Avengers all seem for sure based on appearances, Dr Strange usually appears for Mephisto events, and there's plenty of time for others to become entangled.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    If all the Mephisto appearances aren't just a big coincidence, I'd imagine it's a pretty big crossover - maybe all the non-cosmic properties except the X-Men (forecasting what the X-Men will be doing in the next year after Hickman's relaunch seems like folly). The Spiders, Champions, and Avengers all seem for sure based on appearances, Dr Strange usually appears for Mephisto events, and there's plenty of time for others to become entangled.
    I wonder if kamala and may will meet to compare notes on how it feels to still be among the land of living due to the auspices of a devil.

May doesn't know about that. She'd have to know Peter is Spider-Man first.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

yep so I wonder if she would learn the unpleasant truth.

Speculation of Superior Spider-Man #6.

I'm not saying it's leading anywhere, but spoilers:
    Mephisto being aware of Doc Ock's salvation can suggest higher stakes for any story in which Peter and MJ try to reverse One More Day. What if they're told that this will also undo one of Peter's greatest recent victories: his transformation of one of the worst men in the world into someone who is managing to be a better man?
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Mephisto being aware of Doc Ock's salvation can suggest higher stakes for any story in which Peter and MJ try to reverse One More Day. What if they're told that this will also undo one of Peter's greatest recent victories: his transformation of one of the worst men in the world into someone who is managing to be a better man?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Such a development would make Big Red look like a moron as causing evil is part of his job. Wouldn't he want Ock to remain on the dark side of things? After all, an evil Doc Ock could wreak a heck of a lot of havoc in the future. Unless Ock's redemption is passed off as an unintended consequence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-31-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Peter wouldn't do it then. Cause Peter is willing to save his 90 plus-year-old Aunt he wouldn't sacrifice Otto heroism for his Marriage could you imagine Otto being Bad again is due to the remarriage of Peter and MJ
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah I wonder whats going on with Johnny why is he acting like a villain towards that Robbie kid?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Such a development would make Big Red look like a moron as causing evil is part of his job. Wouldn't he want Ock to remain on the dark side of things? After all, an evil Doc Ock could wreak a heck of a lot of havoc in the future. Unless Ock's redemption is passed off as an unintended consequence.
    end of spoilers
    It could be something Mephisto didn't see coming. And it would mean that reversing OMD is a win-win.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets