Page 9 of 631 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Thanks, Cold Water. I like the Invaders but have been on the fence, as Pugh's art is not quite there for me. Now this seems to be picking up steam, I may start anyway. Perhaps I'll get the first volume collected and go from there. I appreciate hearing fans are starting to really enjoy it.
    To me, as a Namor fan, any new book that he is consistently a part of (this is why I don't really count New Avengers), is a must to read and support.
    So, yes, even if the art was crap, I'd probably still read it. Well, I'd read Invaders, anyway, because they're my favorite superhero team, so I am slightly biased.
    But, yes, the art improved and the writing just got SUPER AWESOME.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    To me, as a Namor fan, any new book that he is consistently a part of (this is why I don't really count New Avengers), is a must to read and support.
    So, yes, even if the art was crap, I'd probably still read it. Well, I'd read Invaders, anyway, because they're my favorite superhero team, so I am slightly biased.
    But, yes, the art improved and the writing just got SUPER AWESOME.
    I completely get that. I am a bit selective when it comes to creative team (Avoiding the WS: The Bitter March mini due to this), but I've decided to jump in on The Invaders as of July's issue 8 (just pre-ordered.)
    I like Namor and enjoy the Invaders. I look forward to talking about the book more when I finally start reading.

It's great to hear from Invaders fans that this is a good book.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

I completely get that. I am a bit selective when it comes to creative team (Avoiding the WS: The Bitter March mini due to this), but I've decided to jump in on The Invaders as of July's issue 8 (just pre-ordered.)
    I like Namor and enjoy the Invaders. I look forward to talking about the book more when I finally start reading.

It's great to hear from Invaders fans that this is a good book.
    Yeah, I was thrilled when I heard the announcement for Winter Soldier the Bitter March, then I was sad when I heard Remender was writing. However, upon hearing Nick Fury was playing a role too, I traded digital codes on the trade thread here, so I could read the first issue for 'free.' If I like it, I'll trade for the rest of the codes, and then pick up the trade -- so I'll still be supporting a book, and will have both a digital and hard copy. The code trading thread is a great way to sample and save money.

Is that Invaders 7? You might want to pick up #6, as that's the one with Marc Laming art. Plus, it looks like they are going to put 1-5 in the first trade, so if you got that, you wouldn't be missing anything.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yeah, I was thrilled when I heard the announcement for Winter Soldier the Bitter March, then I was sad when I heard Remender was writing. However, upon hearing Nick Fury was playing a role too, I traded digital codes on the trade thread here, so I could read the first issue for 'free.' If I like it, I'll trade for the rest of the codes, and then pick up the trade -- so I'll still be supporting a book, and will have both a digital and hard copy. The code trading thread is a great way to sample and save money.

Is that Invaders 7? You might want to pick up #6, as that's the one with Marc Laming art. Plus, it looks like they are going to put 1-5 in the first trade, so if you got that, you wouldn't be missing anything.
    Not to get too off course, but Remender is using the Winter Soldier and original Nick Fury to create his new Cap villain, the Iron Nail, in the Bitter March. And from what I've heard, the WS is not in the book much. Ah well. I'd be curious to see what you think.

Code trading is a good idea, when I start floppies up again, I'll look into that thread.

Thanks for the info, as always.

Back on topic,

Previews-wise, looks like there are two issues coming out in July, 7 and 8. 8 starts the new arc with Toro. Namor and WS seem heavily involved in this second arc, so easy. I like Marc Laming's art, but I'll wait for Original Sin HC to read.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-04-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    He should appear in issue 8. Though maybe the end of seven, since the eight solicit indicates he has been kidnapped. Also he is apparently an inhuman now.
    Didn't Marvel change him to a mutant a few years ago? Now they're making him an Inhuman because you know fuck focusing on the actual royal Inhuman family we'll make everyone and their Grandma Inhumans.

God Damn it Marvel Toro being a Mutant was a GOOD retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Didn't Marvel change him to a mutant a few years ago? Now they're making him an Inhuman because you know fuck focusing on the actual royal Inhuman family we'll make everyone and their Grandma Inhumans.

I thought it was decades ago, but maybe it was during Avengers/Invaders. I was longing for a story where he would join Namor & Dr. Nemesis on Utopia (back before the Schism) for a bit of a Golden Age reunion. I even could imagine a situation where Steve, Buck & Jim would join Namor & Toro alongside the X-Men to challenge Osborn and the remainder of his Cabal during Dark Reign. Ah, what might have been . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I thought it was decades ago, but maybe it was during Avengers/Invaders. I was longing for a story where he would join Namor & Dr. Nemesis on Utopia (back before the Schism) for a bit of a Golden Age reunion. I even could imagine a situation where Steve, Buck & Jim would join Namor & Toro alongside the X-Men to challenge Osborn and the remainder of his Cabal during Dark Reign. Ah, what might have been . . .
    I was thinking it was during the Torch mini-series, cause Toro had been dead since Subby 14, and he wasn't resurrected until Avengers / Invaders, IIRC.

We didn't get Toro on Utopia, but we did get Jim Hammond, in INVADERS NOW!

Sadly, no Dr. Nemesis interaction. Though I really thought Si Spurrier was going to do so in X-Club -- where we did get an Invaders flashback. WHY Namor didn't play a role in that mini-series, is beyond me. I'd have LOVED to see some more primo scenes with Dr. Nemesis and his Starfish Companion and Namor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Say what? Did this happen in another title recently? Toro has been labeled a mutant for years now......

I'm not opposed to him being a inhuman or anything but it doesn't really add up since no mist/smoke/artist detail was involved at all when his power first emerged. I guess Marvel can say that the "chemicals" his parents where working on/exposed to was in fact the T-Mist that would later effect his mother's pregnancy ......it could work I guess but I don't really see the point in switching Toro's origin unless they wanted to use him in a movie or something.
    I'm GUESSING that Robinson is going to change his powers up to reflect him being exposed to the Terrigen bomb. As I believe it was revealed in THE TORCH, that his old powers were due to him being a mutant and somehow having Hammond's synthetic cells.

At one time, IIRC, it was revealed that his parents were subjected to asbestos while working with Horton, and somehow that caused him to born with powers. Yeah, don't ask me about how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post

It was a retcon that nothing was done with. At the very least, they should have brought him to Utopia and he could have been wallpaper.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the whole hidden Inhumans storyline. I LOVE reading about the royal family-- War of Kings was awesome!
    Last edited by Rheged; 05-04-2014 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

Not to get too off course, but Remender is using the Winter Soldier and original Nick Fury to create his new Cap villain, the Iron Nail, in the Bitter March. And from what I've heard, the WS is not in the book much. Ah well. I'd be curious to see what you think.

Code trading is a good idea, when I start floppies up again, I'll look into that thread.

Thanks for the info, as always.
    Well, doo doo. I don't read Remender's Cap and I'm not interested in that at all. I heard there was some Fury goodness in that first issue. Must find some time to read!

I have found code trading to be pretty awesome. It's the closest thing to the trading comics I did as a kid. Folks also trade the hardcover codes, if you have any of those. But yes, definitely look it up when you start back on floppies.

Back on topic,

Previews-wise, looks like there are two issues coming out in July, 7 and 8. 8 starts the new arc with Toro. Namor and WS seem heavily involved in this second arc, so easy. I like Marc Laming's art, but I'll wait for Original Sin HC to read.
    If it's anything close to Brubaker's MAN WITHOUT A FACE arc, which it sort of sounds like plotwise, I'll be a happy camper.

BANNED

How bad is it that I picked up NA #17 yesterday, but totally skipped to the Namor and T'challa parts and read only those?
    hahahaha.
    I really couldn't care less about the main story, I just wanted to see Namor and T'Challa sharing feels.
    Hmmmmm. Let me know how bad that behavior is, since I did exactly the same! LOL! It's why I haven't gone into the review thread. Haven't finished reading the non-Namor stuff!

Hmmmmm. Let me know how bad that behavior is, since I did exactly the same! LOL! It's why I haven't gone into the review thread. Haven't finished reading the non-Namor stuff!
    I just cannot be bothered with reading anything other than Namor in that book.
    I just do not care about it. hahaha

I'm GUESSING that Robinson is going to change his powers up to reflect him being exposed to the Terrigen bomb. As I believe it was revealed in THE TORCH, that his old powers were due to him being a mutant and somehow having Hammond's synthetic cells.

At one time, IIRC, it was revealed that his parents were subjected to asbestos while working with Horton, and somehow that caused him to born with powers. Yeah, don't ask me about how that works.

It was a retcon that nothing was done with. At the very least, they should have brought him to Utopia and he could have been wallpaper.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the whole hidden Inhumans storyline. I LOVE reading about the royal family-- War of Kings was awesome!
    I suppose he [Toro] could be BOTH a mutant and an Inhuman . . . somehow. A Terrigen Mist affected mutant?

I just cannot be bothered with reading anything other than Namor in that book.
    I just do not care about it. hahaha
    The longer the series goes on the more I feel the same way.

The longer the series goes on the more I feel the same way.
    It's just not a fun book. And, I don't know, I won't say it's BAD because that's too judgmental, but for me, I am finding I like my books a little lighter.
    I don't mind bad guys and bad situations, but I kind of want them to end within an issue or two, 5 at max.
    I feel like the longer these stories are dragged out, the more my interest is lost.

I suppose he [Toro] could be BOTH a mutant and an Inhuman . . . somehow. A Terrigen Mist affected mutant?
    Those don't usually work out well, do they?
    I am thinking of Son of M. Most of the mutants exposed to the mist either got sick, lost their powers, or had really bad things happen to them, IIRC, yes?